Tuesday, October 8, 2024 Fleet Report & Daily

3 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sandi - you have mail. 

And Sandi, if Morgan can’t make it across state…. She can use a free Uber to get to a pet friendly shelter. 

IMG_3582.jpeg.0aa97d5db69ec079fb45d4c2689bfb79.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

@0106 Thanks, Tina, for checking in with us.  I'm glad DH is doing well and hope he will be 100% in time for our Hawaiian cruise.  

@StLouisCruisers I can just imagine your distress not knowing what is happening with Morgan.  I hope she takes advantage of the services being offered to get out of town.  This is nothing to be nonchalant about.  Keeping you and Morgan close for the next few days.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Hello from partially cloudy Florida.  Surprising it was sunny out this morning.  Before we even get the winds and rain from the tropical storm we will get more rain and thunderstorms. I really don't know where all this water is going.

Because our house was built recently it complies with the new building code in Fl. Our roof is actually tied down and we have all hurricane grade windows.  Our streets are actually built to act as a small lake if it floods - everyone's yard slopes down to the street which then can fill with water and not damage the homes.  Our canals have all been lowered by the water authority here and we keep getting notices about what to do in a power outage- which is not much at this point in time.  Unlike past hurricanes it is not horribly humid and the temperature is lower than it was last week.  I am sure this will change.

I do feel for the people on the west coast.  I wish this storm would dissipate and go away but I don't see this happening.

Like others I couldn't get onto CC this morning and actually emailed Sandi to see if it was just me.  I do hope we hear from Elizabeth and all the missing people.  

Please be safe to everyone in this storm's path.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I am worried about Morgan in Tampa/Clearwater.  She was told today the Florida Aquarium will NOT be open for her to stay there to feed the "fishies".  I don't know if they will be fed at all but that's not my worry.  She now has nowhere safe to stay, and the gas stations are pretty much without gas.  She found one but when a fight broke out she got away from there before the guns were pulled out.  Her words according to her mom, my DD.  We are all sick with worry!  DD had to take a break and the principal taught her students for a bit because she is so emotional.  I wish our offer to host Morgan and her boyfriend here had been taken up a few days ago.  Now might be too late.  I'm tempted to beg someone in a safe area out of the evacuation zones in Florida to take her and Rossi in.  We can't do a thing for her up here now.  Please pray the news is better for her very soon.  I'm hoping the Tampa Bay area isn't hit the hardest.

Sandi Our prayers are with you Morgan and Rossi.

I hope they find a safe place to shelter and Tampa Bay isn't hit hard.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I've finally caught up on the Daily, and just in time.  We will have to leave in about 30 minutes for DH's PT session.  It will take a little longer since they are paving the highway into town, and it's down to one lane.  Another first world problem.

Terri, I hope all goes well for your DH when he has the root canal.  I'm sorry your knee is bothering you, and I hope it is nothing serious.

Bruce, a little more advice.  I'm sure Sue know to wash the sheets in cold water to get the blood out.  My I suggest a non-stick leak proof bandage, that can be held in place with the stretchy wrap.  Just be careful, because the wrap shrinks when wet.

Sandi, I saw your first post, and posted a quick one, but they both disappeared.  It looks like we were both posting the links at the same time.  I wasn't sure how soon you would be back from the dentist.

That's great news, Graham.

Pennie, I hope you are able to find the Moderna vaccine, but a work of warning.  It seems to cause more of a reaction.  I hope your dental issues can be solved quickly and easily.

Debbie, I hope you and Sue enjoy your road trip this weekend.  I also hope River's team wins Saturday.

Brenda, thanks for the spectacular pictures.  WOW!

Lenda

I had the Moderna vaccine on Thursday and was sleeping all day Friday and had a few drowsy days since.

• Like 11

Thanks everybody.  I've offered Morgan some of the shelter info and free ride info and even an offer from Ann @cat shepard to take the evacuees in.  She said right now they are at a friend's place northeast of Tampa in Tampa Palms which is outside the flood zones.  However they still have high winds to worry about and were discussing moving further north.  Hopefully they will make a good decision.  I'm more worried about her than I am about my own issues.

I did finish Christopher's stocking and have a photo or two to share.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

• Like 36
  • Thanks 9

Good afternoon all , another nice port today from Rich and Sandi , Nagasaki , we were there on Oct 18 , 2017 on the Volendam . As a matter of fact we were suppose to go there for a second time a couple of weeks later but for political reasons , “ bad”  weather and an extra day in Shanghai our itinerary was changed and we had to cancel our tour for the second day in Nagasaki .

So our tour through Nagasaki was likely quite different than what many others have done , with our small group and Miyuki our guide we first went by streetcar to the Mt Inasa Observation platform ( 333 m )  to have a great view of Nagasaki and learned of its history.

DSCN4206.thumb.JPG.666f7c87e474b09384d3a02791320461.JPG

DSCN4210.thumb.JPG.5d7319b423772064944f51a4c0e80c95.JPG

DSCN4217.thumb.JPG.3fbc780e99f60bcfdfb9d609e37be7d2.JPG

From there we visited Dejima , formally a small island first occupied by the Portuguese and taken over by the Dutch . From this small island all the trade was conducted between Europe and Japan in the 1800’s .

DSCN4229.thumb.JPG.0d8c5f3cb34f81cd20c5378a012ba584.JPG

DSCN4235.thumb.JPG.4f6c32b5a61b7fd028f90922e4be26aa.JPG

DSCN4232.thumb.JPG.c5630e99190685a0f3a41855435b02e9.JPG

739436797_DSCN42282.thumb.JPG.d6ea687d3a16f486e60dcfb65cd0dfcf.JPG

After a nice lunch in Chinatown , we went by streetcar to Teramachi where we visited a number of temples all very close to each other . The most famous one the Kofukuji temple ( Zen Sect.- 1620  ) 

DSCN4247.thumb.JPG.c8e1bb99e646bae72c8d453a79f4d72e.JPG

DSCN4256.thumb.JPG.d06431841cf8ec26ba04dadf8491140f.JPG

985280827_DSCN42552.thumb.JPG.657ae6ae88e8d4feaf96d39cdfe15170.JPG

DSCN4260.thumb.JPG.36b44dda8274c9d8681b640bdc4c9c76.JPG

94116413_DSCN42532.thumb.JPG.edcabce98013f1c51b5a698acdf3e7dc.JPG

DSCN4271.thumb.JPG.9ff93056e8b7fd275ab4482fb3dad720.JPG

DSCN4266.thumb.JPG.58038957b835a5bd22203e05620e0d88.JPG

Last place for the day we visited the “ Megane - bashi “ the Spectacles bridge 

DSCN4274.thumb.JPG.db39c7587f5d94c53a14ae325772a754.JPG

DSCN4278.thumb.JPG.6e1dc6194a9cc5554d64a7fa3a2aac2a.JPG

A great day was had by all back into port the skies broke open but we received a farewell from the school band anyways ! 

DSCN4285.thumb.JPG.82fdfd7ca3038f59c1c25ece96f4169e.JPG

DSCN4286.thumb.JPG.f904cf5b36ac9751ed8290409a98f0d9.JPG

In 2019 we were suppose to go back to Nagasaki on the Westerdam  , instead we roamed the seas for a large number of days , you all know what happened .......

Tony 😀

DSCN4248.JPG

• Like 21
  • Thanks 9

Happy Tuesday from beautiful Quebec. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Spent the morning sightseeing. It is chilly here, but the colors of the trees are magnificent. Hoping to get some pictures on my live in the NCL forum. We are having a blast. The Sky is already docked so we went to the port to visit. She overnights and then we board tomorrow. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Wishing You A Happy Tuesday Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook ...

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks everybody.  I've offered Morgan some of the shelter info and free ride info and even an offer from Ann @cat shepard to take the evacuees in.  She said right now they are at a friend's place northeast of Tampa in Tampa Palms which is outside the flood zones.  However they still have high winds to worry about and were discussing moving further north.  Hopefully they will make a good decision.  I'm more worried about her than I am about my own issues.

We really need a WOW emoji! Exquisite, Sandi!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

WOW!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Finally!

Today’s Care List:

Rafinmd (Roy) in rehab

Ottahand7’s DB Nick in rehab, doing better

StLouisCruisers with a health issue

Kazu with items missing from move, vision problems and leg pain

Hoping Crazy for Cats (Jake) and Haljo1935 (Elizabeth) are ok

Heat, Fires, Storms. Those possibly affected by Milton

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Catmando’s cancer advancing, hoping to try a new drug

Vict0riann’s DH Pat recovering from heart valve surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Rafinmd to be discharged home from rehab soon

StLouisCruisers posting the Daily in Rich’s absence

Kazu moved into her new home

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Denise T (NCL Sky Oct 9 to Oct 19) 10d Canada & NE: Bar Harbor, Halifax

4 days for Heartgrove (Rotterdam Oct 12 to Oct 27) 15d Atlantic Sojourn TA + (Celebrity Beyond Oct 27 to Nov 2) 6d PC W. Caribbean & Perfect Day

4 days for NextOne (Rotterdam Oct 12 to Oct 27) 15d Atlantic Sojourn TA

Doobieb (Oosterdam to Oct 10) 11d Venetian & Dalmation Delight, JazzyV (Celebrity Eclipse to Oct 11) 11d Boston, Maine & Canada, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 13

3 hours ago, GTVCRUISER said:

Greetings from San Diego 

5E160D14-9E6F-4421-AB86-D04C4BB4571A.jpeg

Hey Gary - I've seen various posts about needing pesos for our Dec. 10 cruise ---- your input, please....yes/no? Thanks.

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Wow Sandi.

Pauline and I both say the stocking is amazing.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Spent the morning sightseeing. It is chilly here, but the colors of the trees are magnificent. Hoping to get some pictures on my live in the NCL forum. We are having a blast. The Sky is already docked so we went to the port to visit. She overnights and then we board tomorrow. 

I saw your pictures on your Live From and it looks like you and your sister are having a great time. Enjoy!

57 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, maybe I misunderstood but I thought most of mid Florida from west coast to east coast is under a flood watch. The Weather Channel is showing video of people in Orlando bagging sand. The forecast models are scary. About the stocking….. WOW!!!!!  It’s absolutely amazing. You have a great ability to do such intricate needlepoint. I’m sure it will be a treasured keepsake. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Greetings from a nervous and stressed St Petersburg.  Milton is still forecast to approach us late tomorrow (WED) with cat 3 winds and storm surge.  Hopefully by tomorrow morning, we will know if we have to move to a higher location.

We were able to fill our gas tank last night after finding most gas stations were sold out earlier.  Expecting to loose power, we have several blocks of ice in the freezer along with extra water and canned goods.  

Prayers for all those in need to today!  

Take care and keep safe.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon! Thanks for the daily and fleet report, I got up later than normal and didn’t login to CC until it was up again. 

I had a mani/pedi scheduled for today that got cancelled so I’ll use that time to finish up a book. Then tomorrow, off I’ll go to the Little Library’s in the neighborhood to deposit this one a get a new one. It’s our daughter’s 29th birthday today, so we plan on meeting at Texas Roadhouse for dinner, they’ll just be seven of us. I’ve been looking at the menu online and I’ve narrowed my choice to grilled sirloin (I like the flavor) or herbed grilled chicken breast. 

Hoping Milton gets downgraded again and all in the path stay safe. @StLouisCruisers Glad your granddaughter and boyfriend found safety and the stocking is stunning, I wish I had the patience.

Have a great rest of the day.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I saw your pictures on your Live From and it looks like you and your sister are having a great time. Enjoy!

Sandi, maybe I misunderstood but I thought most of mid Florida from west coast to east coast is under a flood watch. The Weather Channel is showing video of people in Orlando bagging sand. The forecast models are scary. About the stocking….. WOW!!!!!  It’s absolutely amazing. You have a great ability to do such intricate needlepoint. I’m sure it will be a treasured keepsake. 

Sandi, Sharon is right about flooding.  As of now, if Morgan could make it to me - she would be safe. But we are all watching closely because a bit more of a veer to the North and Milton crosses very close to me. Right now it crosses just between Charlene & the very Southern border of my County.  I am at the opposite border. 

The Daytona Shores folk are probably worried about a repeat of Ian. Some have just returned to their condos & homes. 

Once again, happy not to be on the Coast or Intercoastal. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

We're just back from DH's PT session, and again, I'm catching up on the Daily.  I resent the email to Elizabeth @Haljo1935 and again it was blocked with the message the mailbox could not be found.  That is very concerning because I know it worked when she asked me a question and I emailed her back a few months ago.

2 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

👍  I am team Moderna all the way as I was in the original Moderna Covid vaccine study.  Of the 6 (?) shots I have gotten for Covid, all have been Moderna.  Plus it is such a small company, compared to the behemoth Pfizer (👎)..........  LOL!!! 

Pennie, until this time, we had been given the Pfizer vaccine.  At first, it was what was available, and later that is what our pharmacist gave us because we'd had it before.  I don't know if it was changing vaccines, or if the new Moderna dose is stronger, but it really wiped me out for about 12 hours.

2 hours ago, superoma said:

Bit of a panic this morning when I couldn’t start my day with the daily! I did leave to do my weekly shopping and hoped I would get access when I got back and here we are!

heard from my 90 year old friend who evacuated to Alabama. They were happy to have left before the roads got clogged with evacuees fleeing but think their bigger challenge will be driving home after the storm. Our friends in Clearwater are well out of the mandatory evacuation zone and have hunkered down for the duration. The huge old trees on the complex could be the issue unfortunately.

prayers for all in the path of Milton 

Eva, I'm glad your friends are safe are safe in Alabama.  They might be wise to wait until after the rush to return once Milton has moved on.  I hope your friends in Clearwater stay safe, and there is no damage from the trees.

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I am worried about Morgan in Tampa/Clearwater.  She was told today the Florida Aquarium will NOT be open for her to stay there to feed the "fishies".  I don't know if they will be fed at all but that's not my worry.  She now has nowhere safe to stay, and the gas stations are pretty much without gas.  She found one but when a fight broke out she got away from there before the guns were pulled out.  Her words according to her mom, my DD.  We are all sick with worry!  DD had to take a break and the principal taught her students for a bit because she is so emotional.  I wish our offer to host Morgan and her boyfriend here had been taken up a few days ago.  Now might be too late.  I'm tempted to beg someone in a safe area out of the evacuation zones in Florida to take her and Rossi in.  We can't do a thing for her up here now.  Please pray the news is better for her very soon.  I'm hoping the Tampa Bay area isn't hit the hardest.

Sandi, I hope Morgan and Rossi find some place safe to ride out the storm.  It is very nice of Ann @cat shepard to offer them a place to stay.  We really have become a family here.

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

Hello my Daily friends.  Thanks for thinking of me Debbie @dfish.  My DH is ok but I have been very busy taking care of him; I was not cut out to be a nurse.  Managing his medications and doctor’s visits is a full time job.  Previously,  I was in charge of the kitchen…grocery shopping, meals, and laundry.  Now I am in charge of everything; I forgot how much I hated to vacuum and clean the bathrooms.  I did enjoy gardening this weekend.  I had to move several sun loving plants from the shade of an oak tree that has flourished since we planted it 20 years ago.  I’m nervous about the peonies, they were from my grandmother’s yard.  I think I’ll go out to water them now.

Thinking of everyone in Milton’s path.  Positive thoughts to those suffering emotionally or physically.  Cheers to those with something to celebrate.

Tina, I'm glad your DH is doing well, but understand how busy you are having to play nurse along with all the other "normal"  chores.  Please take time for yourself, too.  I think I was passed over when the caregiver genes were handed out, but we do what we need to do for our families.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, I know Christopher will love the stocking and appreciate all the work you put into making it so special.

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:

Good afternoon all , another nice port today from Rich and Sandi , Nagasaki , we were there on Oct 18 , 2017 on the Volendam . As a matter of fact we were suppose to go there for a second time a couple of weeks later but for political reasons , “ bad”  weather and an extra day in Shanghai our itinerary was changed and we had to cancel our tour for the second day in Nagasaki .

So our tour through Nagasaki was likely quite different than what many others have done , with our small group and Miyuki our guide we first went by streetcar to the Mt Inasa Observation platform ( 333 m )  to have a great view of Nagasaki and learned of its history.

DSCN4206.thumb.JPG.666f7c87e474b09384d3a02791320461.JPG

DSCN4210.thumb.JPG.5d7319b423772064944f51a4c0e80c95.JPG

DSCN4217.thumb.JPG.3fbc780e99f60bcfdfb9d609e37be7d2.JPG

From there we visited Dejima , formally a small island first occupied by the Portuguese and taken over by the Dutch . From this small island all the trade was conducted between Europe and Japan in the 1800’s .

DSCN4229.thumb.JPG.0d8c5f3cb34f81cd20c5378a012ba584.JPG

DSCN4235.thumb.JPG.4f6c32b5a61b7fd028f90922e4be26aa.JPG

DSCN4232.thumb.JPG.c5630e99190685a0f3a41855435b02e9.JPG

739436797_DSCN42282.thumb.JPG.d6ea687d3a16f486e60dcfb65cd0dfcf.JPG

After a nice lunch in Chinatown , we went by streetcar to Teramachi where we visited a number of temples all very close to each other . The most famous one the Kofukuji temple ( Zen Sect.- 1620  ) 

DSCN4247.thumb.JPG.c8e1bb99e646bae72c8d453a79f4d72e.JPG

DSCN4256.thumb.JPG.d06431841cf8ec26ba04dadf8491140f.JPG

985280827_DSCN42552.thumb.JPG.657ae6ae88e8d4feaf96d39cdfe15170.JPG

DSCN4260.thumb.JPG.36b44dda8274c9d8681b640bdc4c9c76.JPG

94116413_DSCN42532.thumb.JPG.edcabce98013f1c51b5a698acdf3e7dc.JPG

DSCN4271.thumb.JPG.9ff93056e8b7fd275ab4482fb3dad720.JPG

DSCN4266.thumb.JPG.58038957b835a5bd22203e05620e0d88.JPG

Last place for the day we visited the “ Megane - bashi “ the Spectacles bridge 

DSCN4274.thumb.JPG.db39c7587f5d94c53a14ae325772a754.JPG

DSCN4278.thumb.JPG.6e1dc6194a9cc5554d64a7fa3a2aac2a.JPG

A great day was had by all back into port the skies broke open but we received a farewell from the school band anyways ! 

DSCN4285.thumb.JPG.82fdfd7ca3038f59c1c25ece96f4169e.JPG

DSCN4286.thumb.JPG.f904cf5b36ac9751ed8290409a98f0d9.JPG

In 2019 we were suppose to go back to Nagasaki on the Westerdam  , instead we roamed the seas for a large number of days , you all know what happened .......

Tony 😀

DSCN4248.JPG

Tony, thank you for sharing a part of Nagasaki that we did not see.

35 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Denise, I'm glad you are enjoying your time in Quebec.  

2 minutes ago, ellbelle said:

Good afternoon! Thanks for the daily and fleet report, I got up later than normal and didn’t login to CC until it was up again. 

I had a mani/pedi scheduled for today that got cancelled so I’ll use that time to finish up a book. Then tomorrow, off I’ll go to the Little Library’s in the neighborhood to deposit this one a get a new one. It’s our daughter’s 29th birthday today, so we plan on meeting at Texas Roadhouse for dinner, they’ll just be seven of us. I’ve been looking at the menu online and I’ve narrowed my choice to grilled sirloin (I like the flavor) or herbed grilled chicken breast. 

Hoping Milton gets downgraded again and all in the path stay safe. @StLouisCruisers Glad your granddaughter and boyfriend found safety and the stocking is stunning, I wish I had the patience.

Cheryl, please wish your DD a VERY HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY for us.

To all the Dailyites in or near the path of Milton, I hope all remain safe.  Please, please heed all the warnings and advisories, and please check in when you can.  I hope Milton will continue to be downgraded before it makes landfall.

Finally, this just came in from Roy.

I slept a little better than yesterday or at least it felt like I did.

It was again a rush of be ready for 8AM PT but I was actually prepared when they came, went down by wheelchair, and took a warmup walk with the walker. The rest of the time was split between walker and cane,  2 moderate walks with the cane, climbing curbs with both cane and walker, and negotiating carpet with the walker.

After an hour break Speech therapy was the usual breathing exercises.

Another half hour until OT , wheeling over to the gym, a warmup walk with the walker, and some practice standing in front of the big video board practicing hand eye coordination.  We finished with some arm exercises.

A break from noon to 2.

The half hour of OT I spent time on a hand-foot bike.  I hate the thing and it has bad memories as it was what I was doing when the AFIB was detected.

Final session was recreation therapy and a repeat survey measuring my confidence levels.  We closed things out with a short time outside.

Final full day of therapy tomorrow.

Roy 

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 25

28 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Hey Gary - I've seen various posts about needing pesos for our Dec. 10 cruise ---- your input, please....yes/no? Thanks.

Sorry , not Gary, but I have never needed pesos cruising Mexico. Most places take cash or credit cards. I have always tipped in dollars. Now, traveling within Mexico may be different but not the typical cruise ports. 

3 minutes ago, ellbelle said:

Ohhhhh, my DM’s favorite lunch place on a Friday because they are only open for lunch Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I love their prime rib. Yum!

• Like 20

Hi everyone,

Got though the hair appointment and PT and am now sitting in the Dental office while Jim is getting his Root Canal.

Tomorrow I am going to an Orthopedic Urgent Care.  A few weeks ago my knee buckled when I got out of bed in the morning and it has been hurting ever since.  In the last five days the pain has gotten considerably worse.  I am now using a cane and a knee brace.  At PT today the Therapist worked on my knee rather than my shoulder because I was hurting so much I was at the point of tears.

I really hope the place I am going to tomorrow can do something to relieve the pain.  I will not be able to get an appointment at the Mayo Clinic for a while and I just cannot wait that long.

Today was a very busy day and I am exhausted.

Hope everyone recovered from not having CC at their fingertips all day.

More later or tomorrow.

Terri

• Like 14
  • Thanks 11

22 minutes ago, ellbelle said:

Happy 29th birthday wishes for your dear daughter today.

Screenshot_20241008_204922.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Beautiful stocking to be enjoyed for years to come.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1