The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday October 18th, 2024

Today is International Legging Day, International Necktie Day, and Meatloaf Appreciation Day

All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.--J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Meal Suggestion for today - Chicken & White Bean Soup
Drink of the Day - Lady Marmalade
Wine of the Day - Muriwai Sauvignon Blanc
Destination of the Day - Holyhead, Wales, United Kingdom

Today in History:
1867 Alaska Purchase: US takes formal possession of Alaska from Russia, having paid $7.2 million
1922 British Broadcasting Company (BBC) founded, later called British Broadcasting Corporation
1931 American gangster Al Capone convicted of tax evasion

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 16 days, one-way from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale

At Sea Destination Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica eta 10-19

Koningsdam --- 17 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC, Canada eta 10-22  

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 16 days, one-way from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, FL eta 10-20    

Nieuw Statendam --- 14 days, round-trip Lands Of Legends Eternal Cities

Chania, Crete   0800-1700

Oosterdam --- 10 days, round-trip Greece Adriatic Antiquities

Istanbul, Turkey   ovn--1700

Rotterdam --- 15 days, one-way from Rotterdam to Fort Lauderdale

At Sea Destination Kings Wharf, Bermuda eta 10-23

Volendam --- 14 days, one-way from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, FL eta 10-19

Drydock 10-19 to 11-09

Westerdam --- 53 days, round-trip Majestic Japan

Hilo, Hawaii   0700-1500

Zuiderdam --- 7 days, one-way from Quebec City to Boston

Portland, Maine   1100-1900

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam --- 28 days, one-way from Yokohama to Hong Kong

At Sea Destination Sokchu South Korea eta 10-20

Zaandam --- 51 days, round-trip Tales Of The South Pacific

At Sea Destination Suva, Fiji eta 10-22

image.thumb.png.a3472777aaea8e96faa11f5256559c90.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 28

Not off to a good start heading to surgery - dead battery on car 🥴

Puts us about 10 min late.

I'll check in once home.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 20

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Cold and clear this morning, it should warm up to a sunny 17°C (63°F) this afternoon.

I like leggings, neckties and meatloaf. 

Peter Pan may believe that, but I don't.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  I'm not sure about the drink but I'm sure I'll like the wine.

I've never been to Wales.

Prayers for so many.  @Haljo1935 sending prayers that things go well.

I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Have a good day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good morning friends!  Weather report today is 37F but will be a nice 68F and sunny today.  What a streak of beautiful days!

Thank you Rich @richwmn for compiling the Fleet Report and Daily info for us to enjoy.  I’m happy to post it for you. I like leggings, neckties (since I don't have to wear one), and meatloaf so great days to recognize.  There's another list of days below for you to peruse.  The quote is "interesting".  I would love to have some chicken and white bean soup.  I'm unsure about today's cocktail but would love some Muriwai Sauvignon Blanc.  I'm so happy about the Alaska Purchase in 1867, and pleased the BBC was founded on this date.  Not a good day for Al Capone, the gangster but he probably deserved it.  Thanks to our friends Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for doing such a great job on food and beverage reports.

More days of recognition for Oct. 18 are National Chocolate Cupcake Day, National No Beard Day, Health Care Aide Day, National Prayer Day, Ride to Work Day, National Mashed Potato Day, Global Champagne Day, National Mammography Day, and National Speak Up For Victims of Sexual Abuse Day.  Wow, that’s a lot!

Prayers for our surgical patients of the day, Bruce's @aliaschief's DW Sue and Elizabeth @Haljo1935 and to Jacqui @kazu who is having the eye measurements done in anticipation of cataract surgery very soon. 🙏 Also for the remainder of the Care list group Tana and Terry (plus the family), Annie and Chuck, Vanessa, Roy,  Nancy’s DB Nick, Melisa and DH, Carol and Sam, Terri and Jim, Dixie, Jane’s DS, and Debbie. 🙏 I’ll also add myself and my DB, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages held still, and the brave men and women in uniform in the region.  I’m sure there are many in the paths of Helene and Milton still in need of assistance and that will be going on for some time.  I wish you all the best as you pick up the pieces and try to set your lives back on track. 🙏 Meanwhile some of you will be celebrating special events, cruising and preparing to cruise, so my congratulations to you all.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists again today.  I hope this will be a good day for you. 

Sending thoughts and prayers to Pauline @Paw13 and Graham @grapau27 on this special day of memory of her dear Dad.

The port of the day is Holyhead, Wales, UK.  This is another brand new port for us.  I’ve only been in a few spots in Wales and this doesn’t seem to be one of them.  So no links and no photos for me to post.  Hopefully someone here will have some great photos of a lovely place we call Wales.

Hope you all have a great Friday.  Stay safe and keep well!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 11

Good morning from a sunny 54°F North East England.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for your dedication and posting of the FR&D.

I wore ties with a suit most of my working life.

I don't eat meatloaf but I appreciated the late singer Meatloaf.

A true quote with a twist today.

I like soups and Sauvignon Blanc white wine.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who has health worries.

I wish everyone a happy and contented day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report!

We have no plans for the weekend except to watch college football and sailaway at Port Everglades tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

007.JPG

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Introducing the enticing "Lady Marmalade" cocktail - a sophisticated concoction that harmonizes the sweetness of marmalade with the elegance of fine spirits. This cocktail captures the essence of a lavish evening, offering a symphony of flavors that dance on the palate. Inspired by timeless luxury, the Lady Marmalade cocktail blends the rich notes of citrus marmalade with the smoothness of premium liquors, creating a drink that's as refined as it is delightful. Whether enjoyed in the company of friends or as a personal indulgence, this cocktail promises a taste of opulence and charm.
Ingredients:
1 oz. cointreau liqueur
1 oz. orange juice
1 dash angostura bitters
1 tsp. orange marmalade
2 oz. bourbon whiskey
Directions:
In a shaker, combine the bourbon whiskey, orange liqueur, fresh orange juice, orange marmalade, and a dash of Angostura bitters.
Fill the shaker with ice cubes and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds to thoroughly mix and chill the ingredients.
Strain the mixture into a chilled cocktail glass. Express the oils from an orange twist over the drink by gently twisting it over the cocktail, then drop the twist into the glass(optional).

Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 6.26.03 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 16

6 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@DWAliaschief, Sue, best wishes to you for your knee replacement surgery. I hope all goes well. 

Terry, thank you for the reminder of Sue's CC name.  I couldn't come up with it so early in the morning!  lol  I hope you and Tana had a quiet, restful night.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care List:

StLouisCruisers with a health issue, scan today

6th memory of Pauline’s (Paw13) mam Ruth’s passing

Haljo1935’s knee surgery for torn meniscus today

DWAliaschief’s left knee replacement today

Vict0riann’s cousin’s DIL Kailey in ICU with Covid pneumonia

Rafinmd working on getting stronger

Ottahand7’s DB Nick in rehab, upcoming parathyroid scan

Heat, Fires, Storms. Those affected by Helene and Milton!

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Kazu with vision problems and foot pain

0106’s DH post spine surgery, now recovering

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday Seasick Sailor (Joy)!

Happy Birthday SusieKIslandGirl (Susie)!

Wdw1972 leaving for Food & Wube trip to Disney

Seasick Sailor’s DSis Bonnie cancer free & 80% recovered, golfing!

Marshhawk on vacation

Rafinmd discharged home from rehab

StLouisCruisers posting the Daily in Rich’s absence

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Lady Hudson (Liberty of the Seas Oct 19 to Oct 25) 6d Bermuda Cruise with DH

1 day for Sailingdutchy (N. Statendam Oct 19 to Nov 16) 28d Greek Isles & Adriatic Dream + (N. Statendam Nov 16 to Nov 30) 14d Passage to America

2 days for Live4cruises (Oosterdam Oct 20 to Nov 14) 25d Med Romance & Spanish Farewell, celebrating 25th wedding anniversary

2 days for P&PNH (Oosterdam Oct 20 to Nov 14) 25d Med Romance & Spanish Farewell

Denise T (NCL Sky to Oct 19) 10d Canada & NE: Bar Harbor, Halifax, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27), NextOne (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 15d Atlantic Sojourn TA and Heartgrove (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 15d Atlantic Sojourn TA + (Celebrity Beyond Oct 27 to Nov 2) 6d PC W. Caribbean & Perfect Day

• Like 16
  • Thanks 22

Good morning and Thank you for the Reports!!!

I had no plans for my dinner, tonight...  Now, I can't decide on meatloaf or Chicken and White bean soup???

Anything with Marmalade is ALWAYS good!!!

@Haljo1935  So sorry your day started with some frustration...  I pray for your successful surgery!!  Sounds like you had an alternative plan this morning and it's back on track!!!

@grapau27  Hugs to you and Pauline!!  I pray you fill your day with sweet memories on this anniversary of Pauline's Mum's passing.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Weather report today is 37F but will be a nice 68F and sunny today.  What a streak of beautiful days!

Thank you Rich @richwmn for compiling the Fleet Report and Daily info for us to enjoy.  I’m happy to post it for you. I like leggings, neckties (since I don't have to wear one), and meatloaf so great days to recognize.  There's another list of days below for you to peruse.  The quote is "interesting".  I would love to have some chicken and white bean soup.  I'm unsure about today's cocktail but would love some Muriwai Sauvignon Blanc.  I'm so happy about the Alaska Purchase in 1867, and pleased the BBC was founded on this date.  Not a good day for Al Capone, the gangster but he probably deserved it.  Thanks to our friends Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for doing such a great job on food and beverage reports.

More days of recognition for Oct. 18 are National Chocolate Cupcake Day, National No Beard Day, Health Care Aide Day, National Prayer Day, Ride to Work Day, National Mashed Potato Day, Global Champagne Day, National Mammography Day, and National Speak Up For Victims of Sexual Abuse Day.  Wow, that’s a lot!

Prayers for our surgical patients of the day, Bruce's @aliaschief's DW Sue and Elizabeth @Haljo1935 and to Jacqui @kazu who is having the eye measurements done in anticipation of cataract surgery very soon. 🙏 Also for the remainder of the Care list group Tana and Terry (plus the family), Annie and Chuck, Vanessa, Roy,  Nancy’s DB Nick, Melisa and DH, Carol and Sam, Terri and Jim, Dixie, Jane’s DS, and Debbie. 🙏 I’ll also add myself and my DB, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages held still, and the brave men and women in uniform in the region.  I’m sure there are many in the paths of Helene and Milton still in need of assistance and that will be going on for some time.  I wish you all the best as you pick up the pieces and try to set your lives back on track. 🙏 Meanwhile some of you will be celebrating special events, cruising and preparing to cruise, so my congratulations to you all.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists again today.  I hope this will be a good day for you. 

Sending thoughts and prayers to Pauline @Paw13 and Graham @grapau27 on this special day of memory of her dear Dad.

The port of the day is Holyhead, Wales, UK.  This is another brand new port for us.  I’ve only been in a few spots in Wales and this doesn’t seem to be one of them.  So no links and no photos for me to post.  Hopefully someone here will have some great photos of a lovely place we call Wales.

Hope you all have a great Friday.  Stay safe and keep well!

29 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

StLouisCruisers with a health issue, scan today

6th memory of Pauline’s (Paw13) mam Ruth’s passing

Haljo1935’s knee surgery for torn meniscus today

DWAliaschief’s left knee replacement today

Vict0riann’s cousin’s DIL Kailey in ICU with Covid pneumonia

Rafinmd working on getting stronger

Ottahand7’s DB Nick in rehab, upcoming parathyroid scan

Heat, Fires, Storms. Those affected by Helene and Milton!

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Kazu with vision problems and foot pain

0106’s DH post spine surgery, now recovering

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday Seasick Sailor (Joy)!

Happy Birthday SusieKIslandGirl (Susie)!

Wdw1972 leaving for Food & Wube trip to Disney

Seasick Sailor’s DSis Bonnie cancer free & 80% recovered, golfing!

Marshhawk on vacation

Rafinmd discharged home from rehab

StLouisCruisers posting the Daily in Rich’s absence

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Lady Hudson (Liberty of the Seas Oct 19 to Oct 25) 6d Bermuda Cruise with DH

1 day for Sailingdutchy (N. Statendam Oct 19 to Nov 16) 28d Greek Isles & Adriatic Dream + (N. Statendam Nov 16 to Nov 30) 14d Passage to America

2 days for Live4cruises (Oosterdam Oct 20 to Nov 14) 25d Med Romance & Spanish Farewell, celebrating 25th wedding anniversary

2 days for P&PNH (Oosterdam Oct 20 to Nov 14) 25d Med Romance & Spanish Farewell

Denise T (NCL Sky to Oct 19) 10d Canada & NE: Bar Harbor, Halifax, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27), NextOne (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 15d Atlantic Sojourn TA and Heartgrove (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 15d Atlantic Sojourn TA + (Celebrity Beyond Oct 27 to Nov 2) 6d PC W. Caribbean & Perfect Day

25 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Graham @grapau27 and Pauline @Paw13, my apologies!  It's too late to edit but I mistakenly said dear Dad instead of dear Mam this morning.  I'm just not thinking straight right now.  Please forgive me.

4 minutes ago, LambKnuckles said:

Good morning and Thank you for the Reports!!!

I had no plans for my dinner, tonight...  Now, I can't decide on meatloaf or Chicken and White bean soup???

Anything with Marmalade is ALWAYS good!!!

@Haljo1935  So sorry your day started with some frustration...  I pray for your successful surgery!!  Sounds like you had an alternative plan this morning and it's back on track!!!

@grapau27  Hugs to you and Pauline!!  I pray you fill your day with sweet memories on this anniversary of Pauline's Mum's passing.

1 minute ago, Haljo1935 said:

Prayers @Paw13 @grapau27 as you remember Pauline's father today.

Thank you friends.

Pauline's late mam was a wonderful mother in law.

We went to the remembrance hall this morning at the crematorium to read her name in one of the remembrance books and we also left personal messages in a book left by the crematorium staff.

IMG_20241018_112442.jpg

IMG_20241018_112554.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6