Sept. 17 2006; 11 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

Figment72

YES ! ! ! We are closer to passing through immigration and entering the Wonderful World of Disney

About how many regulars are participating on this thread? And, have any of you travelled collectively before?:confused:

I will try to monitor the suggested hot spots/activities each suggests the next few days and summarize it for all in a Post. So, keep your thoughts and ideas coming.;) Things you have done in prior trips and what you are planning for this one.

Julie and Dick:cool:

IF YOU REALLY WANT A COUNTDOWN.....

HERE IS A LINK...........:cool:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=9&day=17&year=2006&hour=5pm&min=00&sec=00&p0=867

Julie and Dick

That is so cool! I still can't believe that it's almost here. I wish we would hear how it's going for the 10 Nighter's....haven't seen any "Live" trip reports from them. Maybe because the ship isn't selling the unlimited internet package for these two sailings. Which is going to make it more expensive to check on the kids at home.

There are 5 in my group that have traveled together quite a few times before, and there are several others on here that we've also cruised with before.

My group of 5 is taking DCL's tour of St John, then back to St Thomas and SHOP

St Lucia....private excursion to go whale and dolphin watching, then SHOP

Barbados......Tour the island by taxi/van and find a beach somewhere, then SHOP

Antigua.....taxi to Nelson's Dockyard, find a beach, then SHOP!

St Kitts....Taxi/van tour, maybe find a beach, and SHOP!

Do you see a pattern there?? LOL

Castaway Cay, we're doing the Seahorse Catamaran Snorkel (which I did in May, and LOVED....much better than I had thought it would be!) and then on to Cabana Massages.

We are a group of 6 traveling together. My sister and bil and my bil's cousin and his wife. We have all cruised before and have had great times. We will be meeting up in WDW on Friday evening.

Gee, MizDaisy I did noticed a theme in your excursion list - SHOPPING. Sounds good to me. We are looking into a Craft Expedition on Barbados. It is not a DCL excursion. Needless to say the guys aren't real interested so they may be on their own that day - Look out Barbados!!!

How many are dressing up for Pirate's Night? We weren't going to but then we were in Michigan last weekend (brrrrrrr) and my dh saw the costumes my sister and bil were getting. So now we are dressing up. Something else to try and pack.

Carol

In St Thomas we are doing the 5 Stars (Leyland). I think this is the most convient St Thomas Tour. You walk across the dock onto a boat they then transport you to the bay at St John's where you snorkel or take a kodiak beachside for some sunbathing. All other tours esp on other cruiselines require you to take a bus to the ferry and then another bust to the bay.

For the rest of the islands I just took stabs at what looked interesting on the tours that the cruiseline is offering, since I haven't been to these before.

MizDaisy- as one of your fellow 'moms only' cruisers- I have just one little favor to ask. Could we squeeze in just a little time to shop? I knew I could count on you!

And this is my first time to any of these islands and have been to Castaway Cay only once. And I can't wait!!

MizDaisy- as one of your fellow 'moms only' cruisers- I have just one little favor to ask. Could we squeeze in just a little time to shop? I knew I could count on you!

And this is my first time to any of these islands and have been to Castaway Cay only once. And I can't wait!!

ROFLOL Maybe just a little!

I am not sure how many times I have been to St Thomas since I have taken 18 or so cruises, but I would say in the high single digits or just over 10.

If they are not selling the unlimited internet, are they selling the buy X number of minutes packages either for their computer or wireless if you bring your own?

I am not sure how many times I have been to St Thomas since I have taken 18 or so cruises, but I would say in the high single digits or just over 10.

If they are not selling the unlimited internet, are they selling the buy X number of minutes packages either for their computer or wireless if you bring your own?

Yes, I'd heard they were still selling "X" number of minutes...for both WiFi and the Internet Cafe.

We have done the "Specialty" Restaurants on numerous occassions. Usually they are well worth the few dollars extra. Does this hold true with Disney also???:cool:

Palo is MORE than worth the extra money! The food is beyond excellent, and the service is outstanding. Brunch there is fabulous and dinner even better.

I don't know why they can't serve the quality of food (especially the steak!) in the main dining rooms that they serve in Palo. Volume, I guess.

But I wouldn't miss going to Palo at least once....and try to sneak in an extra night there, too.

I'm now starting to hit that "panic" stage. I'm almost completely packed, but it's all the last minute things. Making notes for everyone, doctor appointments (MRI on Thursday), grocery shopping for the husband and kids, making sure the laundry is all caught up....... And the biggest worry is the fact that I live on the "wrong" side of a major creek that has been flooding a LOT lately. It floods badly enough that we get stuck over here for a day or two.

I'm prepared to leave here early if I have to....but am panicking that I won't have everything done that I need to have done. I hate when I do this to myself!

I will be so glad to be in Florida on Saturday.

I know the feeling. I keep adding things to my pile. Then I take things off my pile- then I add more.

My 13 year old is home with a sore throat & fever today. I just ate several Airborns. It's like- "I love you- but stay away from me!."

Four more days at work. I work at a Private Country Club. Same town as MizDaisy. It's been raining a ton! Not too much business when it rains.Last rain- Saturday- 5 of our 6 golf courses closed for the day and 4 of those 6 closed for 2 days. It's been raining so much, the ground is saturated and everything in the way of the rain gets relocated. We so need the rain, but not this week!

Archived