Does RCCL allow you to bring bicycles on board?

They may have bikes on board you can borrow. I know I've seen them on Deck 1 on some ships. I guess it would really depend on the ports of call you'd be visiting; I know I would not want to be biking around some places - actually most places - in the Caribbean. I guess you could call RCI, but I'm not sure you'd get a consistent or accurate answer.

On the roll call for our Navigator cruise in February someone said they're bringing their MOTORcycles. I find that hard to believe, but who knows:rolleyes:

RCI offers a few charter cruises for Harley devotees. They actually bring their motorcycles on board.

I read a tip in Budget Traveler Magazine suggesting that you bring bikes on a cruise, and since we live locally, it would be practical for us. Do they allow it? Where could we store them? Thanks!

I can't see any reason why you would not be allowed to bring them - just like people bring strollers, wheelchairs, etc. You would store them in your cabin, of course.

The follwoing is from the RCCL web site:

Disruptive Equipment

No boom boxes, roller blades, roller skates, skateboards, scooters, surfboards, bicycles or other means of personal transportation can be utilized unless it is in an appropriately designated area or for medical reasons. If this equipment is brought onboard it will be stored and returned to the guest on the day of departure.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Guest_Vacation_Policy.pdf

Hope this helps the OP with the question.

The follwoing is from the RCCL web site:

Disruptive Equipment

No boom boxes, roller blades, roller skates, skateboards, scooters, surfboards, bicycles or other means of personal transportation can be utilized unless it is in an appropriately designated area or for medical reasons. If this equipment is brought onboard it will be stored and returned to the guest on the day of departure.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Guest_Vacation_Policy.pdf

Hope this helps the OP with the question.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

You can rent bikes in most places--why would anyone want to do this???? That's almost as bad as bringing cases and cases of water onboard!

Why pay like $2.00 plus the 15% gratuity for a bottle of water on board when you can bring on a case of bottles that cost you maybe $5?

the bikes you'd see on Deck 1 would be the crew welfare bikes . . . for the crew only. . . . even so, those aren't allowed off in many ports (tenders and Jamiaca)

RCI offers a few charter cruises for Harley devotees. They actually bring their motorcycles on board.

I saw one of these cruises! We were docked next to an RCL ship in St. Thomas and woke up to the roar of Harley's revving their engines and tearing up the countryside....wow, the locals and tourists out for some relaxing caribbean atmosphere must just love that.

Personally, I found it incredibly obnoxious, ugly tourism at its worse!

I think it would be GREAT to have a cycling cruise, let people store their bicycles in the same hold they stored the Harley's, then get off for a quiet, non-intrusive, healthy, beautiful bike ride around the islands. What a perfect way to soak up the scenery without all the pollution and noise.

Archived