Seating Arrangement Question

USNDiver

Sorry folks, I didn't intend to start a whole big thing about kids. Since I started this post I'll add my 2 cents about kids (and I'd be willing to bet I speak for many.) I would prefer to be around the well mannered and polite no matter their age.

Again, thanks for the info.

Dave

Dave, no need for you to apologize...you asked a legitimate

question....you are not the one who went way off topic out

to left field.

I believe the question was answered though and hope you

got the answer you were looking for...

Some great advice here that's for sure but..

I have it on good authority that Blazer Boy after several martini's sometime drools at meal time...

other than that I would join him at his table also. :D

I have it on good authority that Blazer Boy after several martini's sometime drools at meal time...

But, he shares his wines.....

:)

Susan

You seem to not like to share a table with children how about 3 - 90yr olds.

We had nothing is common plus they did not even drink wine. so we asked to move and explained nicely that we were to meet friends who were joining the cruise in LA. This was a 18 day cruise and we just could not handle being seated with very nice people who were even older than our grandparents. We had absolutely nothing in common.

If we take our grand kids on a cruise we ask for a table just for us - no one else has to share with us - The children are well behaved but why force them on any one else.

Francine

Bob, I NEVER drooled!:mad:

Slurred, maybe...;)

Andrew

If I remember correctly...we all took turns "slurring". And if you do drool, I'll get you a bib which reads, "Blazerboy". BTW, I spill...we're a messy bunch.

Karyn

When you book online, is there a way to indicate a preference for table size? I didn't see it, so we called Celebrity after booking and they made a note of it, but it doesn't seem to show up online anywhere.

I was also wondering about that since this is our first cruise. I was automatically put into a "small" table. Not sure what that means though. I kinda wanted a bigger one. Never was asked about it. I got the late seating I wanted though.

I was also wondering about that since this is our first cruise. I was automatically put into a "small" table. Not sure what that means though. I kinda wanted a bigger one. Never was asked about it. I got the late seating I wanted though.

Call your Travel Agent...or Celebrity (if you booked directly) and request a larger table. They'll accomodate you.

And if you can't get it accomplished beforehand, I can almost guarantee that the Maitre d would love to accommodate your request for a larger table once you are on board. There are usually plenty of people on the first day of a cruise trying to change tables, so try to take care of that as soon as you board and get your table assignment card in your stateroom.

Susan

.......and if we all have several...no one will know whos spittle it is...will they ?????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????

And if you can't get it accomplished beforehand, I can almost guarantee that the Maitre d would love to accommodate your request for a larger table once you are on board. There are usually plenty of people on the first day of a cruise trying to change tables, so try to take care of that as soon as you board and get your table assignment card in your stateroom.

Susan

Nu2sea,

thank you so much, we will try and call. But, so much going on this next month that I may have to pick that to put off until I board. I will check and see what I get when the docs come in. By the way, I understand e-docs is the way it goes these days. A bit dissappointing with no papers to actually hold!:eek: I am expecting my e-mail any day now!

I said I wasn't going to add anymore, but I just remembered something...

On a recent cruise we had a table just for our family, but a couple were nearby and we exchanged pleasantries with them most evenings. On the last night they came over to us and said "we left our children at home, but seeing you here together every evening has really made us miss them, so we're going home, booking another cruise and bringing them with us."

(On the other hand, sadly the kids do rather limit the chance of drooling over martinis!!)

Anyway, I'm now off to the "Family cruising" area to leave all you grown ups with your martinis and seating plans...enjoy those cruises......

Just a quick FYI ~ from the time we book our cruise, we have our travel agent indicate in our file that we would like a large table, late seating. We love meeting people, young and old. I'd say that 99.9% of the time, our table seating requests have been accommodated before boarding. The other .1 of the time, the Maitre 'D takes care of it when we board.

ENJOY

Maybe we have been lucky but we have never really had a disappointing table. We have been lucky enough to have gained some lifelong friends from cruising.

A possible solution to the age 'ol problem of fear of the unknown is to join a cruise critic roll call group. On my last cruise the group became very close and many met in advance and arranged seating togeather. Although most had never met face to face we felt like we knew each other before day one.

(On the other hand, sadly the kids do rather limit the chance of drooling over martinis!!)

Just wait until your kids get older....then you get to drink with them....now that is a whole new experience! One, my parents have come to love and enjoy!

Archived