Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Crowne Plaza, San Pedro, 3.5 *, $75/night, 12/30 and 12/31. (Priceline)

Actually, I didn't think I'd get anything this far out so I had just submitted this bid for kicks, knowing that this would be a great price not to have to mess with making the reservation later. Now I'm almost glad they jacked the price up on me over the initially advertised rate when I actually went to book the room on another website. Hate when they do that.

I just won the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro' date=' for Feb. 25, 2001, for $76.00+ taxes= $94.51, thru PL...I kinda wish I'd bid a little less, tho, just too see. Either way, I'm happy with the price and it's done![/quote']

I believe you mean 2011 or are you going "back in time":D

Hyatt at Olive 8

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $100.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $100.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $22.65 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $122.65 (USD)

Priceline

Edited by Suzanne123

I got the Radisson in Culver City, Ca. 3* for 7/17-7/19, Sat and Sun. First tried for $45, then $50, then they said we'd have a good chance if we bid $14 higher. I went $5 higher and won at $55. Yea!! Seems like an OK hotel. Nothing too fancy but it has a pool, hot tub and free wi-fi so we should be good.

Jay

I have been unable to get anything in San Pedro for July 10. Up to $95. I've included Long Beach Airport as well.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I won Priceline 2 days ago in Culver City after giving up on San Pedro. I bid up to $100 and was not accepted. I too was looking for a Sat night stay in a 3.5* hotel which is Crowne Plaza or Doubletree. The only thing I read was that you may have a better chance if you wait to within a month and if there's a lot of rooms available then prices may go down. Since we will be driving to Ca. we expanded the search and went closer to LA and got the 3* Radisson in Culver City for $55/night. It's about 20 miles from the Long Beach port.

Good luck!

Jay

I guess I'll keep trying. We will be dropping our rental car off at the Long Beach airport on Sunday morning, so we were looking for a hotel close to the port with free transportation.

$65 is great! The Mariner is the only ship leaving from San Pedro that day, so I'm surprised at the high price.

I just "won" the 4* WESTIN Seattle for $75.+ tax. PL was showing a "recent winning bid" of $95, so I knew I didn't have to spend more than that. I figured if they were offering it for $95, I should try for less: $80. At the last minute, I changed to $75 because the reservation was for 2 rooms / 4 nights and less than a month away (5/27 - 5/31). I went to the hotel's web site and did a room search for those days: minimum price $186+ tax.:D:D I also splurged on insurance for $5 per night, per room.

I'm staying at the Westin downtown Seattle in June. Room was purchased on Hotwire not Priceline. I chose Hotwire because we will be with 2 of our kids (4 people in total). Priceline doesn't guarantee a room for more than 2 occupants... we couldn't risk it. Plus going Hotwire, I know what amenities the hotel will have. A swimming pool is a must. I think we paid around $100/night. Still a good deal but not quite the price you got. Goes to show Priceline is still cheaper. If anyone is interested, here is another source for more Priceline winning bids.

I read the reviews on Tripadvisor.com about Westin (after I won it) and have to say it doesn't sound that great. Apparently the North tower is a lot better than the south tower, which is probably due for a make-over. I last visited this hotel in 97 but I didn't stay there. We met some friends for a martini in the lounge. For what it's worth, the martinis are great!

After trying and trying, just won Crowne Plaza San Pedro for July 10 for $95.

I'm happy with that price, since I've been trying up to $95 for the past several weeks.

Thanks for the update.:) Is the $95 including fees?

8/4-8/5 for 2 rooms $95 per night

I had previously bid up to 100 but kept getting rejected. Wanted to stay in the Pikes Market area. Waited a couple of weeks and tried again. Regular rate is $228. Now I just have to finish paying off the excursions and cruise and we are ready to go:rolleyes:

I Love Priceline!

Ever since I found this bidding info thread, I have checked it every few days. I am also new to priceline. I have read and followed advice given. I have reviewed the better bidding sites recommended. We have 117 days till our cruise out of Vancouver. I'm trying to be patient and wait till we get closer to our sail date to start bidding. Of course if I see someone got a winning bid for September and a good price, I will bid immediately. Once we get a winning bid, I will be happy to post here. I think this is a great site. It helped me to consider priceline or hotwire. I would love to save a $100 a night and use it for food or tours. On our travel next year I'm looking to book Montreal for 2 couples. I too would like to know if you have to do something special or just list 4 adults and the site will automatically give you two rooms.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Ever since I found this bidding info thread, I have checked it every few days. I am also new to priceline. I have read and followed advice given. I have reviewed the better bidding sites recommended. We have 117 days till our cruise out of Vancouver. I'm trying to be patient and wait till we get closer to our sail date to start bidding. Of course if I see someone got a winning bid for September and a good price, I will bid immediately. Once we get a winning bid, I will be happy to post here. I think this is a great site. It helped me to consider priceline or hotwire. I would love to save a $100 a night and use it for food or tours. On our travel next year I'm looking to book Montreal for 2 couples. I too would like to know if you have to do something special or just list 4 adults and the site will automatically give you two rooms.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Hi Mary,

Priceline's rules state that they will only guarantee a room for 2 adults. If you want to book for 4, you need to put that information into your bidding form -- requesting 2 rooms for however many nights. In many cities (especially large ones like New York), fire laws don't even allow for 4 guests in a room. If you show up with 4 people and have only booked one room, you may end up paying full rack rate for the second couple -- IF the hotel still has availability.

Keep reading here and on various bidding information sites (betterbidding, biddingfortravel etc.), and once you understand the priceline business model thoroughly, don't hesitate to start bidding now. It is not too early for September, as long as you realize that there is no refund possible for any reason, (excepting perhaps for floods, storms, etc. that - hopefully will NOT - take place in the area to which you are travelling. Although we have done some last minute (within a week or so) bidding, I have also gotten us some great properties 10 - 11 months before our trip, including Sydney, New York, San Francisco, Munich etc. etc. It's saved us a lot of $$$$. Once you've won your first hotel room via Priceline, you'll probably not want to book any other way.