Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Isn't LGB, Long Beach area? Didn't you take a big chance on getting a 3 1/2 * in Long Beach? I know the Long Beach Airport is an option, as they don't have a 3 1/2* hotel. I am trying to figure out a bidding strategy for the CP stay in April. I too have been rejected as high as $95. I have a reservation that I can cancel, so I am willing to wait.

LGB (Long Beach Airport) is a separate area then Long Beach. Apparently Long Beach hotels will not be picked up if you bid on LGB. By changing the criteria from San Pedro only to San Pedro and LGB, you can submit another bid (for a slightly higher price) immediately. Since there are no 3 1/2* hotels in the LGB area, you are still limiting your bid to 3 1/2* hotels in San Pedro--Doubletree and Crowne Plaza.

Hyatt Long Beach - $70.00 Feb 13 (after trying endlessly for the CP or Doubletree in San Pedro)

Your right, you really couldn't wait much longer. Long Beach is a great pre-cruise town. Parker's Lighthouse restaurant was wonderful.

I too would take a chance on LB, but prefer to stay in a new CA location that isn't too far from the port. We have been to different parts of California, but I would like to have the opportunity to venture out towards LA more.

Crowne Plaza Lax 3.5* 4/29 - $50

Taxes and fees: $14.53

Total: $64.53

Bid on Priceline.

Wow that is a great price! I've been trying for the CP in San Pedro forever now and I'm up to $95 with no success. I'm scared to go much higher because I don't want to get the Doubletree. (The Crowne is always listed as slightly lower in price.) We need 4 rooms too. I think in the end we're going to have to book the non-refundable internet rate of $144. :(

Wow that is a great price! I've been trying for the CP in San Pedro forever now and I'm up to $95 with no success. I'm scared to go much higher because I don't want to get the Doubletree. (The Crowne is always listed as slightly lower in price.) We need 4 rooms too. I think in the end we're going to have to book the non-refundable internet rate of $144. :(

Is there anything listed on Hotwire in San Pedro on your dates?

The Crowne Plaza at Lax is not that great. On Trip Advisor there are several poor reviews over the last few months. It wouldn't be my first choice if I was paying regular rates. However, for a one night stay with an early morning flight it will be okay.

There is a report here of $97 for the CP. Even at $97 you will be saving off the posted rate of $144. Keep trying. Also the 3.5 star on Hotwire is usually the CP.

There is a report here of $97 for the CP. Even at $97 you will be saving off the posted rate of $144. Keep trying. Also the 3.5 star on Hotwire is usually the CP.

Just tried again for $97 and also include Long Beach Airport 3.5 stars because there are none. No go. I'll have to wait 24 hours and give it another shot.

I can't figure out the Hotwire one because it doesn't say San Pedro as the area and I'm afraid to get stuck somewhere else. How do you identify which one that you're talking about here.

Just tried again for $97 and also include Long Beach Airport 3.5 stars because there are none. No go. I'll have to wait 24 hours and give it another shot.

I can't figure out the Hotwire one because it doesn't say San Pedro as the area and I'm afraid to get stuck somewhere else. How do you identify which one that you're talking about here.

I'm a little confused about your comment. Do you mean that no hotels showed as available in San Pedro, via Hotwire? Or that you just don't know which hotel you are going to get when you see a price on Hotwire?

With Hotwire, you have to match the Amenities and guest satisfaction rating to the list of hotels that have previously listed with Hotwire. It is a royal PITA! :( Much like priceline, there are web sites that can help you with the identification in return for posting what you ended up with. I've only been using Hotwire as a point of reference - For a random March date I checked, it appears that CP is available through Hotwire for $89. I probably didn't randomly pick your date(s) though ;) If there is a # on Hotwire, I think I would just use that number as reference for making my bids on Priceline - at least until I bid to that number.

I'm a little confused about your comment. Do you mean that no hotels showed as available in San Pedro, via Hotwire? Or that you just don't know which hotel you are going to get when you see a price on Hotwire?

That's exactly right -- I put in San Pedro, CA and the closest I got was Long Beach. Nothing came up for San Pedro specifically. There was one for 3.5 stars in Long Beach but from the little pictures and the review rating, I highly doubt it was CP.

Would you mind going to hotwire and putting in the date of March 13 (one night) for San Pedro and see if you get anything different? If you do, then I know it's me being a dolt somehow and missing something and I'll try again. Thanks.

I found the same thing. It appears that Hotwire is not showing a San Pedro hotel. If they have one available they show it as San Pedro. I would not suggest trying Hotwire until it shows San Pedro. Looks like Priceline is listing the CP at $176. That is rather high and an indication of why you are not having sucess.

That's exactly right -- I put in San Pedro, CA and the closest I got was Long Beach. Nothing came up for San Pedro specifically. There was one for 3.5 stars in Long Beach but from the little pictures and the review rating, I highly doubt it was CP.

Would you mind going to hotwire and putting in the date of March 13 (one night) for San Pedro and see if you get anything different? If you do, then I know it's me being a dolt somehow and missing something and I'll try again. Thanks.

Well, you didn't miss much! The Long Beach hotel IS NOT San Pedro! When I search for San Pedro, I usually see Torrence, Long Beach, and Redondo Beach areas in the results. But, just below that is a link to 'see more areas'. When I click that I'll see San Pedro and others (LAX, OC, etc.) . However, for your date, I get San Pedro (0 hotels). I did a little experimenting and I didn't get anything for Friday OR Saturday only in San Pedro for the entire month of March. However, if you add more dates... I did check-in 3/11 and check-out 3/14... I got what appears to be the doubletree to come up for $69 per night.

3/13-3/14 Nothing

3/12-3/13 Nothing

3/11-3/12 $69 Dbltree?

3/11-3/13 $69 Dbltree?

3/11-3/14 $69 Dbltree?

Weird stuff for sure! But, nothing in San Pedro for only Saturday night :(

Basically I am getting the same results for April 9. Although I have used Hotwire previously. I am not secure that a San Pedro hotel either CP or Doubltree is available for our stays at this time. I am willing to wait and to keep bidding occasionally for Priceline win.

Can you please tell me how you bid this? Priceline Downtown 3 star??

Cheryl

I picked Downtown/Harbor Island area only. Started at $50 for 3 1/2 stars but it was rejected. Stayed with the same bid and area and added 3 star hotels and the bid was accepted.