Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Yesterday I bid on a 3.5 star Long Beach hotel and won the Hyatt Long Beach for $60 on April 10 (Saturday night). This is approximatley a mile and a half from the Carnival cruise terminal. I was very excited as the rate through the hotel that night is $144. I thought I was starting too low and was shocked when I got it the first try.

gee if you find out the information for travel from SEA to hotel and hotel to Pier 66 I would appreciate knowing too.

Here is a better thread for that information. It is packed with ideas on how to get around and what to do in Seattle:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=720705&page=183

In a nutshell, there are many options available, so you have to decide what is best for your situation. We will be taking a town car from SEA to a downtown hotel and a cab to the pier.

Westin Long Beach May 1-2, 2010 $58

Bid 3* for $50, it was rejected.

We were impatient so upped the bid to $58 and it was accepted.

Rack rate is $189

Sorry, I made an error in this quoted post and missed seeing it within the time I could edit.

Our original bid was for $45 and it was rejected.

I'm thinking that we bid a little high but we are still very happy with our rooms for $58 and $50 :) We have always paid WAY more for pre/post cruise hotels (in Tampa and Ft Lauderdale).

Those of you doing Priceline and Hotwire for San Pedro... total up your costs of transfers airport to hotel, hotel to pier, pier back to airport, and cost of full breakfast on sailing day. When I did that I found it was better to book directly through CP with their Sail Package that includes all of that plus a manager's Happy Hour. For our dates it worked. It's worth crunching the numbers. I was surprised.

Post-cruise Hotel

Priceline

Westin Long Beach

Sunday, June 13, 2010 - Monday, June 14, 2010

3.5*

Winning bid: $50

Taxes and Fees: $14.61

Total after taxes and fees: $64.61

Still trying to get Pre-cruise hotel in San Pedro but no luck so far.

Edited by tntintexas

I'm suppose to get two $70 Hotel Bonus Cash from Priceline 3 weeks before my cruise date. I have a question on how these work?

If I want to bid $90 on a room would I put my bid in at $20 with the bonus cash? Or should I bid $90 and the $70 would be taken off?

Just bid on Priceline - got Silver Cloud Stadium for $95 for 28-30 May (memorial day w/end) - Tried to bid for 4* but got nothing up to 95, increased range to 3.5* and that how I ended up with silver cloud - not really what I wanted as not true downtown , although the hotel has some great reviews so I guess I'll live with it!

Precuise 4/3/10

Got it for $50.00. :)

This is what I am looking for. Did you put in 3* and downtown area. I am looking for 4/1 and have gone up to $48. Hopefully $50 is the magic number.

Oops sorry for the questions, didn't read below your post.

Edited by O2Bcrusin

I know priceline only lets you reserve for two people but if you have two beds can you add 2 more people?

Priceline only guarantees a room with the ability to sleep two people. You will not know if the room you have will have one king or two Queens unless you call the hotel and ask after you have made your nonrefundable payment. However, the hotel does not have to provide a room with two Queens or any other special arrangements. When I need two beds in a room I book through the traditional route instead of using Priceline. People have reported being able to get what they want, but I prefer not to gamble that much.

Priceline only guarantees a room with the ability to sleep two people. You will not know if the room you have will have one king or two Queens unless you call the hotel and ask after you have made your nonrefundable payment. However, the hotel does not have to provide a room with two Queens or any other special arrangements. When I need two beds in a room I book through the traditional route instead of using Priceline. People have reported being able to get what they want, but I prefer not to gamble that much.

Thanks I will give them a call.

Hi I'm reading your messages, and think you know alot about price line. I know nothing. when i went on priceline to look at San pedro for April 9th, I put 3.5 stars, but became afraid to go further with my credit card ect, as i was afraid to get another 3.5 star hotel further away. Is there any way to garantee which hotel you may get, as I'm really looking for the crown or the double tree like you. can you fill me in on how all this works once you give them your credit card. What do you start to bid at and how often. thanks

I have never used price-line before. I plan on bidding mid to end of April for Vancouver. Several responses recommeded downtown. Since we have never been to Vancouver before, most hotels should be fine. If anyone has successfully bidded for Vancouver recently, I would love to hear from you. We are crusing from home port end of March. We don't need a hotel for NJ. Want to wait till after we return from our March cruise to try first bid.

Just won The Westin Seatlle for May 22nd through the 25th. Bid on a four star hotel at $75 and received this hotel.

Least expensive room on the hotels web site is $194.65.

Very happy with the deal I received.

I have never used price-line before. I plan on bidding mid to end of April for Vancouver. Several responses recommeded downtown. Since we have never been to Vancouver before, most hotels should be fine. If anyone has successfully bidded for Vancouver recently, I would love to hear from you. We are crusing from home port end of March. We don't need a hotel for NJ. Want to wait till after we return from our March cruise to try first bid.

While you can always bid early most would experienced bidders would recommend you wait until much closer to your cruise to try to bid. You will usually have much better results that way. I am going to bid for a 4* in Seattle in July, but am going to wait until about a month before the cruise. I have a back up hotel reserved right now, the Comfort Suites in case I cannot get a 4* for a lower price as that will fit my needs nicely also. Since the CS is not a 4* I will not be taking a room out of the same pool I will be bidding for.

I recommend you go to this site to get more bidding advice and bidding results. As a first time bidder they will also help you with your bidding strategy:

http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/

Good luck!:D

I finally won the bid for my 2 nights stay on this 3 1/2* San Pedro hotel. I have been bidding for months, so had booked a cancellable back up. I originally started bidding at $65 going all the way up to $90 over time. Each time I was turned down, I added Long Beach airport and $5 to my bid for a 3 1/2* San Pedro property. Finally on March 3, I won the room at $95 per night plus $17.99 = $112.99 per night. At least I save from the direct rate of $145 per night.