Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

I just won Radisson Ambassador for $85 a night per room 2 nights and 4 rooms. For 12/14- 12/16/2012. Now want to try to get a resort type for our post cruise 12/23-12/26 any suggestions of where to start bidding wise. Everything seems to be so expensive right now.:eek:

Priceline (via Bidding Traveler)

Dec 15, 2012 for 1 Nite

Winning Bid of $75 + $5 Insurance + 16.03 Taxes and Fees = 96.03

Picked Zone 9, 3.5 Stars, Min $70 Max $90.

(First time using Priceline so I figured $5 for insurance was worth it)

Which hotel did you get?

Priceline

Jan 26-27, 2013

$106 plus $19.90= $125.90

Took several days trying to book our post cruise hotel.

Today,

First attempt: San Juan Zone 9, 4 * Minimum, $ 101 denied

Second attempt: Add Aguadilla Zone 1, $ 106 Your deal is in the bag!

:D

Which hotel did you get?

Thanks Argentinita,

Tried your same approach for Priceline and won La Concha for $105.00 plus taxes= $120.30 for Feb. 2 to Feb. 3. Ordinarily, I would have bid only for a resort but La Concha on Priceline is listed as a 4 star, not a resort. Strange too, because the full name on their website is La Concha, a Renaissance Resort. I am very happy with this win as some people have bid $150 and above for the "resort level" and have been denied on Priceline. La Concha gets great reviews. I have stayed at the Marriott Stellaris, Caribe Hilton and the Intercontinental so am looking forward to staying at the La Concha. Sally

Thanks Argentinita,

Tried your same approach for Priceline and won La Concha for $105.00 plus taxes= $120.30 for Feb. 2 to Feb. 3. Ordinarily, I would have bid only for a resort but La Concha on Priceline is listed as a 4 star, not a resort. Strange too, because the full name on their website is La Concha, a Renaissance Resort. I am very happy with this win as some people have bid $150 and above for the "resort level" and have been denied on Priceline. La Concha gets great reviews. I have stayed at the Marriott Stellaris, Caribe Hilton and the Intercontinental so am looking forward to staying at the La Concha. Sally

I too was surprised ! I saw that some received les star hotels for much more than that price!

I was looking for a good hotel on the beach and saw that all Resort and 4 * had access to the beach. So I put minimum 4 * on my bid.

Very happy, since I read good reports and saw beautiful photos!

The answer is in the titles:

IDrankWhat: Got the Radisson Ambassador

Me: La Concha Renaissance Resort

I'm more than happy ! :D

Sorry, I was using tapatalk and the title did not show up.:o

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Followed the exact same strategy as above and got la concha for our pre cruise on feb 1 for $106!!!! Plus tax only $130! It will be for my two sisters, me and my mother. I know priceline only guarentees 2 people occupancy so I called the hotel myseld and they gave us a:D:D room with two queen beds :). Thx so much for this great hread!

Priceline: La Concha

March 2-4, 2013

4*, San Juan/Zone 9

$105/night + taxes of $16.45/night x 2 nights = $242.90

Thanks to the tips in posts above, the cost of these 2 nights is less than half of our reservation at the Marriott. While we enjoy the Marriott and its location, we are excited to try something new!

Thanks so much everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

I too followed what others did: 4*, San Juan/Zone 9 and I also got La Concha!!!!

$105/night + taxes of $19.79 and got La Concha for our pre-cruise.

Total price for the hotel for for the night is $124.79. WOW

Thanks again :)

Just got it on first bid. I noticed that folks bidding in December were getting the bid for just under a $100.00. We were unable to get the Caribe for the last 2 yrs. We love this place. This will be a post cruise night. I tried weeks ago and went up to at least 125 and got nowhere. If you like the Caribe it seems that the hotel has opened it's doors for PriceLine. So go for it!

• 2 weeks later...

Used Priceline via betterbidding.com, began with 3.5* in zone 9 with bid of $97. Proceeded to add additional zones (with no hotels above 3*) with appx. $5 price increases each bid (last one went from $117 to $121) until win at $121 plus $21.14 taxes and fees for $142.40 total for 1 night pre-cruise on 3/29/2013.

Got the Caribe Hilton for 1/4/13 90.00 plus tax ect 105.25. Started at 85 for 4star and hit at 90 very happy.

I am SO jealous-been bidding for a week for dec 29th for anything from 3 star to resort areas 8 & 9 and also using that bidding site-what area did you use? I was bidding around 116 at the end-not sure if it's so close to new years? I also tried booking a few of the 4 star hotels direct and they are sold out-I want something soon so we have a decent place to stay!!

Any help/advice is appreciated!