*Report from the Voyage of the Spammed*

RevNeal

Does anyone have more to say than a faulty W.C. ?:(

I think plenty has been said on this thread other than toilet problems! The pax have been kind enough to spend their money keeping us abreast with what is going on. At least, that`s the way I look at it..............jean:cool:

so true So True for the loo.

Imagine the cost per bowl..? And HAL doesnt even have on screen checkout etc... yet...

Like the parachute in a jetliner would save lives but the airlines costs are less paying off the insurance premiums...

Does anyone write W.C. clog policies for ships?:eek: :cool:

It sounds as though someone should invent a garbage disposal system for toilets on cruise ships. Would this not reduce the downstream problems of whatever it is people decide to toss into the loo?

And I sure do hope this thread does not end on this note :)

Was that the Rev. Dr. Neal there in that picture? Yes over there..:cool:

While there might be a few tears that the Spam Dammers are back in San Diego I am sure there are some wonderful memories:) It also looks to be another beautiful day in SD.

1161023616909142.jpg

I went down to embarcadero this morning to see the Zaandam. Just as I arrived, the first announcement was being made to debark. Here are some photos I took. I took some pix of several pax on their balconies awaiting debarking process--anyone see any familiar faces??

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/555041871UXcRvq#commentForm

I'm singing in from home ... just got in a few minutes ago after a day of traveling. Yes ... I'm sad that the Voyage of the Spammed is over. But, wow, what a GREAT trip it was. And, most especially, how WONDERFUL it was to meet so many GREAT Cruise Critics!

I will have a lot of words and pictures to post ... but for now, I just wanted to say "hi." I've got 600 emails to process and I want to read the thread from the beginning to see if I missed anything. I know I've missed everything from the 18th, the last time I signed on.

I'll try to catch up.

Just got home. Sad to see it end but looking forward to the next!

Thanks to Greg for all his work in organizing and getting things done for the Voyage of the Spammed. A very good cruise became a great cruise because of the opportunity to visit with all the other CC'ers.

More later and perhaps other interesting pictures after a nights rest but I just had to post a picture of three of our Spamdam Stars! Can you idrentify them?

This seems so strange having many Spamdammers all reporting at once! Can this be another first?

First Cruise Critic/HAL group cruise to sail, largest-ever group in the Pinnacle---what will we come up with next!

LOL ... we came up with an Earthquake!!! :D

Reading this thread after the fact is a real hoot!

I went down to embarcadero this morning to see the Zaandam. Just as I arrived, the first announcement was being made to debark. Here are some photos I took. I took some pix of several pax on their balconies awaiting debarking process--anyone see any familiar faces??

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/555041871UXcRvq#commentForm

Interesting pics.......thanks!

Welcome home everyone !! I bet you are already planning your next cruise.:D

LOL .... you have NO idea.

:)

Think:

SOUTH AMERICA AND ANTARCTIC EXPERIENCE - RIO DE JANEIRO - VALPARAISO

Departing Sunday Jan 27, 2008

Sailing on the ms Rotterdam

:D

Welcome Back to the Continent

Everywhere a four letter word emerged while the SpamDammers were afloat...

which was/is ENVY

So glad everyone made it back and well. Did you leave the Dam ship in Dam Good Order?

All the best and again THANKS and Welcome HOME!:cool:

We arrived safely home early this evening but it still feels like a long, long time ago since getting up to go through Customs at 7:00 am. First of all, I must say to my fellow SpamDammers what a sincere pleasure it was to meet and get to know each one of you:) And to those of you who ended your day's late at night in the Crow's Nest, what fun it was to dance with you all! And to set the record straight Scott and I invented a new drink on earthquake day, "The After Shock Wang Wang" - I do believe we had 7 of them that day!! Oh my!! I expect to have my photo album prepared for my web site this week. We had a LOT of very good photographers in our group. I didn't post during the cruise so thoroughly enjoyed reading the entire thread from beginning to end. So many memories...but honestly, I'm dead tired and must get to bed. Looking forward to hearing from others as they too arrive home and get a chance to log back onto our favourite site!

CC'ers English Lady and RustaRoo made a fine Sonny and Cher. I do believe Richard is part canned ham.

Oh, Ruth, you saucy little grape (raisinette?) - I'm flat out gifted! and you know it:D

I have no inhibitions when it comes to working the stage (especially while being so well fortified by the complimentary rum punches provided backstage prior to our performances):p Hahaha

One question, why are you called the spamdammers?

Because the title of the CC Cruise was "The Voyage of the Spammed" so, we put together Spam and Dam and made them "Spamdammers"

Spam is a staple here. We eat it wil rice and nori or eggs. Even the McDonnalds here have spam, eggs, and rice breakfasts :)

I never could figure out the Hawaiian fascination with Spam... until I tasted Poi:eek:

Yes, we like SPAM. And it isn't cheap here. I saw it for mere cents in GA, but one can here will run you around $3. Isn't that weird?

I'm not a big fan of Poi. But I will say that a few Spamdammers like the Spam Musubi that I made.

I think plenty has been said on this thread other than toilet problems! The pax have been kind enough to spend their money keeping us abreast with what is going on.

Thanks, Jean. After all, anyone who wants to criticise the topics in a personal journal isn't compelled to read it. :rolleyes:

I arrived home safe and sound. The 1st load of laundry is in the dryer; second is in the washer. The only thing left to unpack is the jewelry, and there are still a few little things to put away.

There's no food in the house, so a trip to the grocery is due.

In other words---reality has bitten. Hard!

The last night of the cruise one of the CC'ers asked me how this cruise was in comparison to others. I don't have an answer. You see, this cruise was like no other I have ever taken. :) For the first time ever I boarded a ship "knowing" several other people. The experience of sharing a journey with others was unique---and marvelous!

I would not trade it for the world.

Archived