*Report from the Voyage of the Spammed*

RevNeal

My older granddaughter is very much like me. For example, this past Summer I heard her tell other passengers that she's fine with public humiliation.

Like I said---just like me.

Yesterday Once again I donned purple costume to become a dried grape from the left coast. Somehow or other longtimecruiser and the2ofus managed to get rooked into it also. What a blast!

I expect O'briendan to post pictures and Revneal to have a video soon. These days "public humiliation" can be world-wide in a flash.

CC'ers English Lady and RustaRoo made a fine Sonny vand Cher. I do believe Richard is part canned ham. All in all your fellow CC'ers are quite a group! :D

The toilet problem returned with a vengence! Last night I fell into bed about 2:00 AM. At 5:30 I stumbled to the bathroom to find it full of foul-smelling, backed-up raw sewage. Holy crap! :eek: I called for a plumber RIGHT NOW!!!!! Don't care that I'm in my pretty red nightgown. Don't care that I don't look fetching. I care only that basic necessities are available and that I can get more than 3 1/2 hours sleep.

Today it seems to be fixed.

Did I mention the packing has started? :(

Well, here it is, our last day onboard the Zaandam and I find I've got some minutes to use, before the computers shut down. What fun it has been to meet and be with all the Spammers. I had high hopes of a perfect cruise, but of course "Mother Nature" interferred! We did have a great day and tour in Hilo, but our very best port day was spent with our wonderful guide, Mary. What a delight is was to spend the day with you and show us some wonderful sites on your island of Oahu. Many thanks, Mary. Please keep in touch on the boards as we'll be looking forward to your reports of your Noordam cruise. Our sea days have been fun with plenty of activities, and the food and service have been tops. We collected enough Dam Dollars to "buy" Bob a sweatshirt! We certainly had a LOT of sea days! To those of you taking this cruise, I hope you will have bluer skies and calm seas throughout the whole 15 days. Aloha!:)

Well, here it is, our last day onboard the Zaandam and I find I've got some minutes to use, before the computers shut down. What fun it has been to meet and be with all the Spammers. I had high hopes of a perfect cruise, but of course "Mother Nature" interferred! We did have a great day and tour in Hilo, but our very best port day was spent with our wonderful guide, Mary. What a delight is was to spend the day with you and show us some wonderful sites on your island of Oahu. Many thanks, Mary. Please keep in touch on the boards as we'll be looking forward to your reports of your Noordam cruise. Our sea days have been fun with plenty of activities, and the food and service have been tops. We collected enough Dam Dollars to "buy" Bob a sweatshirt! We certainly had a LOT of sea days! To those of you taking this cruise, I hope you will have bluer skies and calm seas throughout the whole 15 days. Aloha!:)

The W.C. is the Water Closet which is a marine term started for bathroom/restroom/toilet...etc...:o
Ahhhhh ok thanks :)

The system on the ships are very touchy, in that people think they can flush anything down them, even though they wouldnt do that with their own. Years ago on our first cruise, we had pluggage, the people next to us flushed banana peels, orange peels and other fruit bowl stuff instead of using the trash and possibly making their cabin smell!

Yes and thats why the NIMH Nickel Hydride Batteries vs the NICAD Nickel Cadmium.. Cadmium being very toxic ..people throw it away in the normal refuse and do not dispose of things properly.

As people in the waste removal systems .. toilet bowls... people think thya are able to dump anything in a small receptical hole.. the square peg in the round hole...

More education aboard should be done so the people know that too.

:D

Just think with orange peels they can make a type of po peri.. sorry my spelling is attocious.. LOL..

Imagine once people find that compost adds so much to great soil compostion....

:eek:

The system on the ships are very touchy, in that people think they can flush anything down them, even though they wouldnt do that with their own. Years ago on our first cruise, we had pluggage, the people next to us flushed banana peels, orange peels and other fruit bowl stuff instead of using the trash and possibly making their cabin smell!

Let me get this right - throw orange peal down the toliet, even though it says only bodily fluids with their provided TP because the orange peal will make it smell better? Ohhh and then complain that toliet is stopped up? Can I get a free cruise for that inconvience?

Have to say, loved reading the posts for my "ex-birthday cruise to the Islands"

Good to hear it was a success in many ways. I'm hoping for a repeat in 2008.

Adele: thanks for keeping in touch, glad you and Ruth enjoyed yourselves.

Scott: hope you had a good time ... there are more to look forward to.

And to everyone else ... thanks for thinking of me.

It sounds as though someone should invent a garbage disposal system for toilets on cruise ships. Would this not reduce the downstream problems of whatever it is people decide to toss into the loo?

And I sure do hope this thread does not end on this note :)

Archived