*Report from the Voyage of the Spammed*

RevNeal

Yes, Ruth, reality does bite at the end of a cruise! But what great memories you will harbor for many years to come!

How marvelous it would have been to cruise with all of you. Perhaps the next best opportunity will be for the maiden voyage of the new Signaturedam in 2008.

Yes, Ruth, reality does bite at the end of a cruise! But what great memories you will harbor for many years to come!

How marvelous it would have been to cruise with all of you. Perhaps the next best opportunity will be for the maiden voyage of the new Signaturedam in 2008.

I will be there!!!!! If I can help it! I've already told DH about that one. :D

Arrived home at midnight Ohio time, but my internal clock was still on West Coast time so I stayed up to read this thread.

I have to echo RuthC, this was such a great cruise with many warm memories of great friendships and great moments. Have to do some serious budget analysis so I can be ready to book another cruise with this "lovely bunch of coconuts"!!

My cats have stuck closer than glue and watched VERY carefully while I unpacked and stowed the luggage before they relaxed. Piles of laundry to do, bills to pay, stuff to sort out and put away. Ugh!! Reality bites!!!! But at least I have a few pillow chocolates left to ease the transition.

Welcome home everybody. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of our cruise adventures.

Oh yes, thanks to all who provided Indonesian phrases and vocabulary. I enjoyed trying to speak the language and all Indonesian staff I tried with responded enthousiastically to my efforts.

Debbi and I just got home too...

We were scheduled to leave San Diego at 1:09pm. The flight first had toilet problems, then engine problems, then it got too late to make our connection in Washington (Dulles). The only two seats we could get was on the red-eye that left at 10:20pm. We just got home a couple of hours ago, Monday afternoon at about 1:30pm...

Even with all the unplanned events, this still was a great time. I made a lot of new friends that I know I will see again on another cruise. This was a winner!!!!!!

Paul and Debbi

ps. The first thing that I did when I got home was to look in my closet....there was my "official" Voyage of the Spammed Hawaiian shirt, still looking brand new... You see, I forgot to pack it!!! I really bought one. You can see it on me by looking at my avatar... Paul

We arrived home around 5 pm, THIS afternoon, after an unscheduled overnight in Dallas. Our flight from DFW to CLE was cancelled, yesterday, so we kept the first leg of our flights from SAN to DFW and were given vouchures for a night in a hotel near the Dallas airport, and for a meal. It was a beautiful warm morning, in San Diego, as we left the ship, but we came home to about an inch of wet SNOW!:eek:

Many thanks, again, to Greg and your wonderful organizing of our group cruise and all the other things you did for us. Thanks to to Jane for setting up our wonderful evening at Germaine's Luau, even if they spelled your name wrong. :o Congratulations on earning your 100 day award. It was so nice meeting all of you "Spamdammers," and we hope to see you on a future cruise.:)

So glad to read that eveyone is making it home safe & sound, if a wee bit delayed. The piles of laundry, the empty fridge, the ticked-off pets - all part & parcel of a great vacation. :)

Thanks, all of you Spamdammers, for sharing the voyage with those of us left behind. It's been a great trip.

Ruth - Bet you're happy to be home to a working loo. :D

Greg & RustaRoo - Looking forward to your photo albums in the next week or 2.

Thanks, Jean. After all, anyone who wants to criticise the topics in a personal journal isn't compelled to read it. :rolleyes:

Jean and Ruth C:

I think I was the one who started this. I was refering to my own remark about how two of our favorite posters both have had toilet problems and I hoped that this was not going to be how the threads ended. In other words, I hoped that the thread was not going to end with my own remark about the blasted toilets. I guess I was unclear and certainly had not intended for anyone to infer that I was not thrilled when people make the time and spend their own money to report from their cruise. I think you both know me better than this. No offence was intended and I hope none was taken. OK?

We just returned home last night. Wow! We had the best time! What a fun group to sail with.. The ship was beautiful, food great and good presentation. Service incredible. However, the Cruise critic group was the best. Boosted the joy exponentially. We created many beautiful and fun memories along with lifelong friendships. Our Renewal of Vows took place on the exact day of our 50th Anniversary, Oct. 20th, you have no choice, they pick. It is a lovely service and I do recommend it. In addition, it was the day of the Black and White Ball, the Dining room was all dressed up with balloons and ribbons and later we danced the night away in the Crow’s Nest. What a day to remember. One little minor thing to make mention so that future Renewal of Vows participants know. The day of embarkation we received the corsage and flower arrangement. The Renewal of Vows took place 13 days later; I did not wear the corsage.

Oh boy, have a lot of work to get done, :( then I will be ready to go again. :D

Image3.jpg

REVNEAL,

WHAT A GREAT PICTURE OF ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY FOR SHOUTING, I AM TRYING TO TALK OVER YOUR SHIRTS *LOL* :)

Just teaseing :) You all look terrific

Thanks to all of you Spamdammers for sharing your pics and stories while you were on your trip. It was a great time just reading and seeing them. I am sure the trip itself had to be 1000 times more wonderful.

Glad everyone had a great time and got home safe and sound.

Thanks again for taking us poor old landlubbers along, we enjoyed evry minute of it :)

Jean and Ruth C:

I think I was the one who started this.

No need to worry, hammybee. You didn't post anything to disturb.

Jean quoted a specific post that was quite out of line, and I appreciate her support.

Wow - what a fun looking group!

(wish I coulda been there...)

Scotty is home w/ a sinus-infection - doing laundry, going to the Dr, petting the dog and getting ready to fly to Florida later this week...

...and looking forward to the warm weather for more sun & fun (& Wang-Wangs)

***Looking to the other ocean for the next HAL CC Group cruise starting later this week!***

Welcome Home, Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I hated missing your homecoming after so enjoying this wonderful 2 week thread. I was in CT and returned home yesterday.

Greg, I absolutely love the picture on the stairs. Now THAT is a true keepsake. What a great way to remember a terrific cruise despite rain, earthquakes, and toilet problems!!!!:D

I hope the time didn't go as quickly for all of you as it did for me ... seems like you just boarded and here you are home.

Brian ... in many ways you WERE there. You were talked about, repeatedly, by Martha, Scotty, myself, and others who would like to meet you. :D There are several people who REALLY want to meet you. :D

Scotty is home w/ a sinus-infection - doing laundry, going to the Dr, petting the dog and getting ready to fly to Florida later this week...

...and looking forward to the warm weather for more sun & fun (& Wang-Wangs)

***Looking to the other ocean for the next HAL CC Group cruise starting later this week!***

Sounds like another Wang Wang fan!:rolleyes:

Welcome Home, Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I hated missing your homecoming after so enjoying this wonderful 2 week thread. I was in CT and returned home yesterday.

Greg, I absolutely love the picture on the stairs. Now THAT is a true keepsake. What a great way to remember a terrific cruise despite rain, earthquakes, and toilet problems!!!!:D

I hope the time didn't go as quickly for all of you as it did for me ... seems like you just boarded and here you are home.

Thanks, Heather. Yes ... it went quickly ... but not as quickly as the next CC cruise is going to go!!!! ;) I'm jealous of Scotty, who will be on it!

It was a GREAT 2 weeks, they went very fast, and when I went into the office yesterday the pile of mail and other items on my desk was amazing to behold. But, everything held together while I was gone. :) No deaths, no major hospitalizations ... no problems.

Just 74 days to go and I'll be boarding the Noordam!!! :)

Thank you all you spamdammers... what a wonderful thread!!!!! I couldn't wait each day to check in and read the new messages. Everyone's pictures so far have been fantastic. Can't wait to see more!!!!

Wouldn't it be great if someone did this on every cruise a cruise critic were on. I surely would never get bored reading the updates... eventhough, I might be turning a little "green with envy" as I read them.

Thanks all for bringing a big smile to my face each day!!!

and most importantly... WELCOME HOME!!!!

Welcome home everyone!

A sincere thank you to all for posting on this thread, it was like I was there! And in the distant future I will be...just booked for 4/08 Hawaii. Now I too have the long wait, is it too early to start a roll call???

So waiting for the total reviews from everyone. It looks like it was a wonderful cruise and can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stories.

Scotty - get well soon, like real soon! Those of us on the Hal-o-Ween Dam Cruise are expecting you to give us all the juicy details! Ziggy swears by NyQuil! What works best for you when it comes to sinus infections? There's enough of us to get you a good supply. Does a promise of a Wang Wang make you feel better?

Ruth - we rarely consume all of our pillow chocolates - please e-mail us your address that we can send our extras to.

Archived