Obstructured Deck 8 Cabins on Sovereign?

Deck 8 on the Sovereign has the life boats outside of the windows. You will be able to see out. If you call Royal Caribbean they will be able to tell you the percent of obstruction for that room, they may be able to locate a room that is between life boats that will have a great view.

Enjoy your cruise !

If it's only 30% or less obstructed, don't worry! You will be able to see all you will ever need to see! Is this a balcony cabin? If not, then the view out of the windowed cabins isn't that great anyway! The windows are basically for light--not view! If it is a balcony, then you won't have a problem at all, as you'll be able to position yourself around the obstruction!

Thanks for the link to the picture:) ... the deck plan just didn't show "how" obstructed the view is like some do.. I've had obstructed views before and they were fine... we are near 8506. DH just wanted a little daylight..

no, it's not a balcony:( .. we cruise cheap so we can cruise more often.. got my "break point" so to speak !

I appreciate the help!!!!

There are several cabins on deck 8 NOT obstructed at all...............they are in between lifeboats........

Cabins 8034-8036-8038

Cabins 8534-8536-8538

I THINK 8032 and 8532 too,but its been awhile since I've been on,I forget.............going next week though!!

There are several cabins on deck 8 NOT obstructed at all...............they are in between lifeboats........

Cabins 8034-8036-8038

Cabins 8534-8536-8538

I THINK 8032 and 8532 too,but its been awhile since I've been on,I forget.............going next week though!!

Thanks for that info! I had 8540 reserved for my April trip - just changed to 8536. Thanks!

We're in 8516 but I'm gonna keep it... it's more daylight than a view... thanks for posting the pics and the list of "not obstructed" cabins though.:) I've put it in my folder of other cruise info that I hope I remember to look thru next time we are going on a specific ship....

::wondering if RCI/Princess will ever move a really nice older ship like the Sovereign to Charleston year round::

Thanks for the photos Tom. That's what oceanviews look like on Sovereign & Monarch? I think we will stick with the JS on Monarch. It is small enough!:D

no, they are not all like that. Only deck 8. All other decks are un-onstructed ocean view cabins. Thats why deck 8 is cheaper that deck 2.

no, they are not all like that. Only deck 8. All other decks are un-onstructed ocean view cabins. Thats why deck 8 is cheaper that deck 2.

Used to be the cheapest..........not all the time anymore..........I was looking at the Feb 9th cruise and was gonna book the one on deck 8........it is the second most expensive category(OV) on that date....:mad:

Thanks for that info! I had 8540 reserved for my April trip - just changed to 8536. Thanks!

Glad I could help........

Archived