$50.00 per person shipboard credit

Orcrone

How about the caribbean for March 2005, would these promo's be for any of these??? My cruise price has gone down, alot, so I may not be eligible, but I am curious. My friends booked the Westerdam for March 20th yesterday with AAA, I want to be sure I tell them of this promotion if their cruise is eligible.

[quote name='Lois R']thanks for the wonderful thread...I should have peeked in here earlier!:) ...actually one of my cruisemates told us about it on my roll call...thanks Pete:D

well, I had emailed my TA....and just got a reply...she said it is 25.00 per person....and that is what I received:) :confused: . They are doing by person, rather than cabin? Anyway...at least I got something![/QUOTE]
Hi Lois,We booked direct with Holland and were told right off of the credit and it is 50 dollars PP,We are doing a B2B and are geting it for bothy sailings. TOM

Thank You for the info regarding the shipboard credit. It came in handy. I read about it today , called my TA and got it applied to my current booking. I then called my parents , they used the promo code for their booking they just made yesterday.
Nice to save a little.
I love these message boards!

Maureen..did you book a high category? I have gone over everything with my TA...and I trust her.....I am on a low category guarantee....25.00 was what I was told.....I don't even have a cabin yet.

I booked an "I" on the Maasdam (highest inside). However Marc originally booked a lower category "K"? and it was 50pp. My guess it could be the number of sailing days. Ours is 10. One way to double check is call HAL direct and ask them what it is for your sailing.

[quote name='iluvcruzin']I booked an "I" on the Maasdam (highest inside). However Marc originally booked a lower category "K"? and it was 50pp. My guess it could be the number of sailing days. Ours is 10. One way to double check is call HAL direct and ask them what it is for your sailing.[/QUOTE]Actually, before that it was an M category and I still got the shipboard credit. I then upgraded to a K and then an E outside cabin and it stayed at $50 pp.

Maybe I should go for an S and save more money. One just opened up yesterday.:D

Just received two $75 shipboard credits for August 30 sailing of ms Rotterdam from Piraeus (Athens) to Harwich (London).

Contacted TA CruiseQuick.com and was told 7032 Promo was good only for new bookings. Following the advise from this thread, I called HAL and received the credits with no problem.

Thanks again!

Rick

About a week ago, Cruisequick said it was not applicable to my booking, but since another CQ poster had luck, I called HAL, and they said it was applicable to my sailing but no way, new bookings only, and I have made final payment...boo-hoo! Since I booked this only a month ago, final payment was made a booking. I tried to talk her into it, telling her i knew others, who got it after final payment, but no go!!!!!!!!!! Oh well. I am still happy with my cruise rate, and I am happy for others who have gotten it.

Marie

HAL must be going nuts over this 7031 promotion! Thanks for the information. I called the cruise consultant at HAL who is handling my 11/26 on the Volendam. Sure enough, I got the $50.00pp credit just for asking. Thanks again. DFD1

Marie,

Try again!

My HAL agent had to check with a supervisor because there appeared to be conflicting items in the rules open to interpretation.

Use 1-877-932-4259 number and ask the agent to check with their supervisor.

Good Luck!
Rick

Rick - I did it(just for you ;)...still a NO GO. I even talked to a supervisor, and he said it was not applicable under the rate I got. That IS what CQ told me in the first place...that is NOT what the first customer rep said...!!
Honestly, I did get a great rate for Alaska, ESPECIALLY SOLO...so I am not surprised...but it was worth a try, as others have also gotten great rates, and got the credit....I am okay with it, just happy to cruise :). Thanks for your encouragement.

Marie

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! So glad I found this message board during research for my first cruise. Going on Maasdam C/NE 8/7, which I booked through an online vacation site a few months ago. Just called the TA, who called HAL, and instantly received $50 pp credit. [and, this is even sweeter b/c we had to change our airline tickets, and were stuck with a $50 pp fee--so now I don't feel like I've lost any $$].

[quote name='iluvcruzin']I booked an "I" on the Maasdam (highest inside). However Marc originally booked a lower category "K"? and it was 50pp. My guess it could be the number of sailing days. Ours is 10. One way to double check is call HAL direct and ask them what it is for your sailing.[/QUOTE]
[color=darkorchid]We booked "I" on Zuiderdam 7-night cruise (highest inside category) that was actually higher-priced than some outside categories when we booked. I was told that all inside cabins get $25 pp onboard credit.[/color]
[color=darkorchid][/color]
[color=darkorchid]Either way, I'm still tickled to get the onboard credit. Many, many thanks for the post!![/color]

I called my TA the day before our cruise and he called and got our 50.00 pp credit. It was on our sign and sail account as a credit! The TA didn't even know about it! Thank you Cruise Critic boards!

[quote name='CDRMark']E-mailed HAL, they said "Ask your T/A". e-mailed our Internet T/A...just got the reply giving us a $100pp credit.
You all are super.
Orcrone: thank you specifically. IOU a bottle of bubbly.
MarkB[/QUOTE]That's not necessary, but I appreciate the offer. I see you live local, in Norfolk. I live in the Great Bridge section of Chesapeake. I assume you're taking the Maasdam out of Norfolk. Which sailing are you on?

Orcrone: Of course its not "necessary". Still, would be happy to do so. We are in Norfolk, East Ocean View, and are on the 11/20 Maasdam sailing, our first cruise. I see you are on the Halloween cruise. Please keep it ship-shape for us.

E-mail me at taxcourse at aol dot com if you want to talk.
Thanks again so much.
MarkB

Archived