Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

We have 2415 coming up in less than 2 weeks. We will be able to tell how far UP the hallway this goes.....

you should be fine. If you look at the deck plans the aft cabins sit over a white area. Sometimes these cabins will get motion and other times they wont.

You are close enough to the aft elevators.

you should be fine. If you look at the deck plans the aft cabins sit over a white area. Sometimes these cabins will get motion and other times they wont.

You are close enough to the aft elevators.

I think this is a problem with Triumph in particular, Iv been aft before. I never had shaking like this before. Nothing even close. 45 minutes straight about 1 am the first night was the worst. Iv been near the aft twice on Conquest which did not have this bad vibration. It really felt like the ship was going to shake apart, it was that bad, cant describe how bad the shaking was, but it was a lot of shaking. Traveler353 had the aft for the cruise after the one I had the aft on, and he said it was still uncomfortable.

Also, when I noted the cabin was smaller, I have pictures. The desk does not extend along the side nearly as far. the other OVs had a corner built in place with a tv above, in the corner by the window. Our TV was half way along the cabin, next to the desk, just the two cabins in the middle of the aft. I could barely get by the bed it was so close to the wall, the cabin was more narrow than the cabin next door which was a regular sized OV. I had 4 storage doors. One was the safe and hanging below it. the cabinet next to it was fake, the door didnt open. The one next to it, had one shelf. Im used to Conquest with several shelves to put shorts and clothes and bathroom stuff on. The bottom had stuff stored in it so you couldnt use the bottom either. So, we basically only had one full length closet in our OV which we paid a 6D price for.

The window is inset about 2 feet. You cant stand at the window and look out at the wake like I expected. The window points downward.

Here, this picture shows some of the issues, see the regular OVs have the tv down in the corner ... this one does not and is narrower ... look at the window ... its more like a port hole window, see how far out its inset. Not to mention the lack of clothes closets and shelves. Look in the corner, see the part that is inset ... thats where everyone else had a tv and stand area. I wouldnt say dont book this cabin without good reasons.

2462 Triumph ... middle aft facing the wake

761213047_Picture017.jpg.4af4208adb5159467388b2539fabfb4b.jpg

Here is a closer up picture of the window. Carnival has now downgraded these cabins back to a 6B. On this ship I wouldnt pay even a 6B price again for this particular cabin.

See how the window is much more like a port hole window, than a regular OV window?

The second one you can see where our tv was and how narrow the cabin was compared to a regular OV.

1580626687_Picture018.jpg.f7c1c736f63122dcafa7649965891251.jpg

106226047_Picture037.jpg.335ffa1a6cc3e00dc7f37c086c786c45.jpg

I think this is a problem with Triumph in particular, Iv been aft before.

were you this low on the other ships? I know our first cruise was on the Sensation and we had vibrations.

Remember those 1A's that are now 6Bs? people reported vibration/shuddering from those two cabins sometimes too.

It depended on the weather/ and how the seas were/ how fst the ship was going--- I woulda loved to try one but it was not worth taking the chance.

I would avoid this area on all ships

were you this low on the other ships? I know our first cruise was on the Sensation and we had vibrations.

Remember those 1A's that are now 6Bs? people reported vibration/shuddering from those two cabins sometimes too.

It depended on the weather/ and how the seas were/ how fst the ship was going--- I woulda loved to try one but it was not worth taking the chance.

I would avoid this area on all ships

Yes, I was on Main deck on the Conquest twice in those 1As. This time I paid for a 6D. ... and got a less than 220 s.f. cabin, with substandard storage.

I was right around the corner on Conquest and the vibrations were nothing like the shaking that went on that felt like the ship was going to come apart on the Triumph. Someone next door to me also was surprised how bad it was and how long it went on. The Triumph is going out of the mouth of the Mississippi between Midnight and 1 am and hits big time currents so they revved up those stablizers to full speed. It was also stormy when we hit the mouth of the Mississippi.

This problem is much worse on the Triumph. Iv been only a couple of doors down from where Traveler353 stayed on the cruise after I was back there twice on conquest ... I do have a basis for comparison.

I know on our 2nd trip on the Liberty we had the 1A booked but after reading too many reviews about the vibration I booked the L shape cabin.

(I think I am done experimenting now--lol and will stick with the tried and true)

I experimented on purpose, so I wasnt upset. I like to have first hand knowledge of different types of layouts, so I can speak from experience. If I had just stuck my head into the cabin, I might have missed things you find out from actually trying to hang up your clothes and live in the cabin for a cruise.

I just wouldnt pick it again on Triumph in particular.

We were in room 6411 on Carnival Liberty a few years ago and found it to be a ok room. Across the hall was constant going in and out of cabin stewards in and out with everything under the sun. It was ok if we were out on the balcony. But it was even hard to get in and out of the room with stuff always in the hall. Did have a great cruise though.:D Just wouldn't book across or next to cabin stewards cleaning room.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

This cabin is directly below some weight machines in the gym. From 6:00 a.m. till 10:10 p.m., there is a constant banging of weight equipment coming from the gym. Two thirds of every day, we heard and felt the gym equipment being used above our heads. Don't make my mistake. Stay away from V-5 on the Fantasy.

Room 3002 on the Jewel of the Seas. We were given this room as an upgrade and we immediately asked for our old room back! Terrible noises from the waves! So bad that my husband (who happens to be almost completely deaf) could hear the noises and commented that he would never be able to sleep that night. It sounded as though bombs were hitting against the side of the ship. So much for an upgrade!!

can anyone tell me what room is like on the equinox and the size of the balcony. is it larger than the others on the side we are booked in this room for 15 days and hoping the balcony is better or is there a room with larger balconies that are not suites

Hello, this is our second time on the Mariner of the Seas, once in the Caribbean and now onto the Mexican Rivera. Last time we had our family of 4 in the Superior Ocean View on the 9th deck on the hump, it was awesome! This time I called to book something similar but larger, since the boys are getting bigger. We booked a JS (jr. suite) but again was looking near our old room, couldn't get the hump with js because of the sofa bed not there. Needless to say the agent at RC said that there was an aft JS on deck 10. Said that it was larger and most people want those aft cabins. I was nervous, but went ahead and booked the aft cabin it's 1694. Any info on either this cabin or being in the aft cabins in general? I know the Windjammer cafe is above us but again mornings and lunch might be noisy but...during the evening, should be pretty silent. Again...any input from you veteran sailors would be appreciated : - )

Any info on this category? It's inside but sq ft is listed as 191, compared to 147 sq ft in other insides. It would appear that this is a much larger room than the others, but is there any problem with these rooms on deck 9? Is it worth the extra cost?

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on Stateroom 1442 on the Carnival Dream. This oceanview stateroom, though large and equipped with 2 bathrooms, is located beside a crew deck operations area. Every time the ship arrives in port, you will surely be awakened by the crew's docking operations carried on this portion of the deck.

Hello, this is our second time on the Mariner of the Seas, once in the Caribbean and now onto the Mexican Rivera. Last time we had our family of 4 in the Superior Ocean View on the 9th deck on the hump, it was awesome! This time I called to book something similar but larger, since the boys are getting bigger. We booked a JS (jr. suite) but again was looking near our old room, couldn't get the hump with js because of the sofa bed not there. Needless to say the agent at RC said that there was an aft JS on deck 10. Said that it was larger and most people want those aft cabins. I was nervous, but went ahead and booked the aft cabin it's 1694. Any info on either this cabin or being in the aft cabins in general? I know the Windjammer cafe is above us but again mornings and lunch might be noisy but...during the evening, should be pretty silent. Again...any input from you veteran sailors would be appreciated : - )

1694 is one of the two most sought after cabins on this class of ship.

The cabin PLUS the balcony is awesome but beaware that there is a steel structure out there-- not really a problem- just be aware.

the balcony is huge and fits two loiunge chairs AND 2 regular chairs and a table. We hosted a party for at least 25 people on our aft balcony with lot of room still.

Serene56, Saw your web shots from prievious post of inside obstructed view cabin in front of ship. We are planning on booking Destiny on 3-31-11 and were thinking about booking either 7104,02,01 or 03. Those have a push together bed. Really like the solitude of room. What I was wondering is : Is there much noise from the Bridge above you? Also how much motion is it in front of the ship? Thanks for any info you can give us.

Serene56, Saw your web shots from prievious post of inside obstructed view cabin in front of ship. We are planning on booking Destiny on 3-31-11 and were thinking about booking either 7104,02,01 or 03. Those have a push together bed. Really like the solitude of room. What I was wondering is : Is there much noise from the Bridge above you? Also how much motion is it in front of the ship? Thanks for any info you can give us.

if you hit rough waters you will feel motion. You wont get noise from the bridge above. Avoid being under the spa/gym area. You could get dropped weights noise. The empress deck is the best choice.

For the money- take your chances- you can always head to a public deck if the waters get rough,

but this is a LONG walk to the food pools sometimes twice a day and by midweek that walk can seem longer

# 1002 panorama deck on the splendor..it is a spa cabin with and ocean view..my husband loves the spa and i needed a room for 4..it is foward and under part of gym but i was told it was very quiet..I really am not interested in booking a balcony cabin with children so i thought this would be nice..any info would be apprecaiated a bit nervous about location..thanks lisa

the gym opens early- and you MIGHT get the dropped wieghts noise.

some people hear it --others dont.

its a LONG walk to the food pools every day-- sometimes twice a day.

there is a public deck outside your window- will give the kids running room if needed.

thanks serene..I thought being on the same deck as the camp would be nice and a bit closer than than the riviera and main for an oceanview..i am doing the spa as a suprise for my husband he loves it otherwise i would have booked on a lower deck..aft...happy new years and thanks again...lisa

can anyone tell me what room is like on the equinox and the size of the balcony. is it larger than the others on the side we are booked in this room for 15 days and hoping the balcony is better or is there a room with larger balconies that are not suites

Open the pdf:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=21200990&postcount=486