Swimsuit for DDD bust????

Anyone know where I can find a swimsuit for a DDD bust? Normally I would wear a size 10-12 swimsuit, except for the bust, which makes it so depressing to shop for swim suits. Hopefully someone can help, my cruise leves in 2 weeks!

I wish I could as my daughter is also like you except a bit larger in the bust. The only thing that saves her is that she is so pale and burns so easily she doesn't really go anywhere where a swimsuit would be neeeded. Who would have thought that the little girl on the right in my avitar would have such a problem but then again that was 22 years ago.

Good luck, hopefully someone can help.

I am a DDD, also, and I LOVE the 1 piece faux wrap suits! The straps are about 1 inch (can't do those spaghetti straps!). Miraclesuits have enought support to the whole suit that it keeps everything in nicely!

• 1 year later...

I was at one time a 36H and swimsuits were almost impossible. I had the best luck with high necked mastectomy suits since they had more fabric up top to contain the inserts. I still usually ended up with cleavage in them. Any other cuts and I would have been arrested! :eek:

I had a reduction about 2 1/2 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. I cryed the day I bought my first normal, off-the-rack bathing suit.

Good luck to you finding that suit!

nordstroms sells all their two pieces as seperates, i wear a 32D (sometimes dd) and find that two pieces give great natural looking support without looking as matronly as a one piece with those horrid bra cups. Low rise bottoms with a little skirt are very flattering too. ( I think that Victoria's secret does the same thing and has some cute bottoms that have a little skirt. Good luck!

• 3 years later...

I have purchased swimsuits from Kohl's and Beall's. Both have separates

with all kinds of sizes.....larger on the top? I have both large top and

bottom:rolleyes:. They have good choices (in my opinion anyway;)).

WOW...I just realized this thread is 5 years old:eek:

Wonder if the OP found bathing suits...........:confused:

I have a similar problem, size 6 and generous D cup, so our proportions are similar.

I finally found the solution.

Profile by Gottex. THAT is hands down what you are looking for.

The tops and bottoms are sold separately. Bottoms come from bikini to more modest swim skirts. You can mix and match.

Now onto the important part. The top actually has a real, true, actual cup size underwire bra built in. Not just a shelf bra (us bigger chested gals know how useless those are) and not just a "S-M-L-XL type of bra. The bra actually hooks in the back, but that's covered by the swimsuit. Hard to describe, but once you see it you'll agree that it's absolutely ingenious. It's like wearing a real, true, proper fitting underwire bra under your swimsuit for great support.

The cups are lightly padded--just enough to prevent NP but not so much as to add any size.

They come up to Cup Size E. They aren't cheap, but I've never felt so comfortable and so confident in a bathing suit. I absolutely don't worry about "wardrobe malfunctions" even on the widest water slide.

I can't endorse these enough. I've worn all the others--Carol Wior for example--and I've never in my life found such a supportive and attractive suit like the Profile by Gottex line.

Boy - does this thread bring back bad memories of trying to find any clothes that fit my bust line.

Oh well, bilateral mastectomies and breast reconstruction where I was able to specific my size (nice B cup) has been a joy for clothes shopping. (Yes, the breast cancer part was the pits.)

Since I first posted on this thread several years ago, I've started doing a water aerobics class regularly. The Land's End suits are the best I've found that hold up to chlorine, sun, sunblock and abuse. They last ten times longer than any of the expensive brand name suits I've had - the department store ones, Speedo, Nike, Jantzen, Longitude - none of them have held up. You can also sometimes find them really cheap on their overstocks page online. the last few suits I've bought from Land's End I got for less than $20 each. :) I do find their suits run a bit big sometimes so if one doesn't fit, size down. You can also return them to Sears if they don't fit.

Archived