Bringing Alcohol on Bard

I am taking a RC cruise for my honeymoon later this month and was wondering if anyone had brought their own alcohol on board, and if you had any problems doing so. We had planned o pack some in our luggage, but heard that this was no longer possible. Thanks for your help!

I am sure old Will liked to hoist a pint or two and I think even RCL would cut him a break. Not sure how you'd get him to pay for yours, though.

Kudos for posting one of the funniest posts I have seen in a long time.

To the OP, welcome to CruiseCritic! This topic has been discussed many times, and you may find it beneficial to do a 'Search' on this topic from the menu above.

RCL is very strict about the alcohol policy - don't even try it. I was just at Cruise 3Sixty in FLL and we were told by RCCL reps that all alcohol will be confiscated.

It isn't worth trying it and having it taken away - you'll simply waste your money.

Me too Meg. I was thinking that since this is our anniversary, I'll wrap a couple of bottles in a box and wrap it with wedding wrap and a bow. Then I'll add a card that says Happy Anniversary from Gramps and MeeMaw! Who would open a lovely gift? Good luck!

Thats a great idea! Will it be delivered to the room before the cruise or on the last night?

Wine ordered from RC's own website will be in your cabin when you board. If it is champagne, it should be on ice, with glasses. :)

I am sure old Will liked to hoist a pint or two and I think even RCL would cut him a break. Not sure how you'd get him to pay for yours, though.

I am really missing something, because I don't understand that one at all. It is totally over my head head. Can anyone elaborate slightly please? :)

I am really missing something, because I don't understand that one at all. It is totally over my head head. Can anyone elaborate slightly please? :)

Patti, look at the misspelling in the Title. :D

Or you could order some liquor from Wellwishers or Just Because of You. They will deliver the hard stuff to your stateroom at most ports. We have done it twice, and always have want we need in our room.

AN ODE TO THE BARD

To bring alcohol, or not to bring alcohol THAT is the question.

Whether t'is nobler to buy on board, to suffer

The price and add ons of outrageous gratuity

Or to take your own and break the rules of RCI

And by opposing them? To lie, to cheat.

To stash. And by to cheat we start

The heartaches and the thousand dollar loss

That RCI is heir to: Paid for consumption

Is devoutly to be wished. To pour, to drink.

To drink. Perchance get drunk. Ah there's the pub!

For in that drink of booze what dreams may come

When we have shuffled off this sobre mind.

encore.gif

RCL is very strict about the alcohol policy - don't even try it. I was just at Cruise 3Sixty in FLL and we were told by RCCL reps that all alcohol will be confiscated.

It isn't worth trying it and having it taken away - you'll simply waste your money.

Actually all confiscated alcohol in their original unopened bottles (not in water, mouthwash etc. bottles) are delivered to your cabin on the last full day of the cruise or cruises if BTB as would be any duty free alcohol bottles purchased onboard or in port so your money is not wasted but you can't drink it on board until that last day or you can enjoy it post cruise.

Or you could order some liquor from Wellwishers or Just Because of You. They will deliver the hard stuff to your stateroom at most ports. We have done it twice, and always have want we need in our room.

Does anyone know a company that delivers this type of gift at the Port of Baltimore?:cool:

AN ODE TO THE BARD

To bring alcohol, or not to bring alcohol THAT is the question.

Whether t'is nobler to buy on board, to suffer

The price and add ons of outrageous gratuity

Or to take your own and break the rules of RCI

And by opposing them? To lie, to cheat.

To stash. And by to cheat we start

The heartaches and the thousand dollar loss

That RCI is heir to: Paid for consumption

Is devoutly to be wished. To pour, to drink.

To drink. Perchance get drunk. Ah there's the pub!

For in that drink of booze what dreams may come

When we have shuffled off this sobre mind.

encore.gif

Estimable posting, wakelover.

Do ya think that ya have too much time on your hands????? ;) :rolleyes: :D

Just got off the splendour and was able to get liqour on with no problem at all i put 2 in checkec bag and one 1 carry on!!

on top of that when we went to cozumel i bought 3 bottles of tequila and they didnt even catch that!

Look put liquor in checked bags be nice as u walk thru scanner and away u go.

also dont buy anything to xpense just in case

Actually all confiscated alcohol in their original unopened bottles (not in water, mouthwash etc. bottles) are delivered to your cabin on the last full day of the cruise or cruises if BTB as would be any duty free alcohol bottles purchased onboard or in port so your money is not wasted but you can't drink it on board until that last day or you can enjoy it post cruise.

Does "last day" mean last full day? In other words, if you disembark at 7 am, do you get it then or the day before. If the latter, it might be nice to have one night of "free" drinks before you leave!

Also, do you have to unlock your luggage before you board? If not, how do they do a hand search, call you down to unlock it?

Does "last day" mean last full day? In other words, if you disembark at 7 am, do you get it then or the day before. If the latter, it might be nice to have one night of "free" drinks before you leave!

Also, do you have to unlock your luggage before you board? If not, how do they do a hand search, call you down to unlock it?

Yes, you get the alcohol back the day before you disembark. Your cabin steward will put it in your cabin usually when making it up in the AM. Also duty free store allow you to take your purchases that day and you are also allowed to bring on any shore purchased alcohol without cheaking it in. This is convenient when that day's port is a good duty free stop like St. Thomas as it was for our last cruise. Yes you get one evening of cheaper drinks by using your own low cost island bought booze.

I keep locks on my bag as I have heard and read about problems with theft from luggage on shore when being handled by the longshoremen. In twenty cruises I have never been called down to open my luggage. It makes it not as easy for them to cheak what exactly is in your bag if they see something suspicious and are more likely to let it go.

Archived