3 Night Suite worth the $$$

What is the price difference? Sometimes if you look at different sailings, the price of the same category stateroom can vary widely. I'd choose your best date, then look at alternate dates to see if the price varies. November and February should offer some bargains as the kids are all in school.

Suites are nice, even for 3 days.

Is it worth the money to get a suite on a 3 night cruise? Either for my bithay in Nov, or my dads in Feb. it's around $1338 for a JS.

Holy cow, that's one expensive JS !!!! :eek:

Oh wait -- do you mean for both of you? If so, that's a bit more reasonable, but still not a great price. We book JS for the majority of our cruises (larger suites if we're traveling with the kids or with guests), and as marci22 suggested, if you look at some different dates you can often find a significant price difference.

And yes, I do think that a JS would make a nice surprise. It's also a good way to climb the C&A ladder, assuming you're a member, since you'll get an extra credit for booking a suite. :)

Thank you both for your suggestions. The cruise I am taking my dad on is to boost us up from the Gold C&A catagory. He usually thinks an OV on a 3 day cruise is a waste of $ but he has spoiled me and my mom with balconies in the last couple cruises:rolleyes:

yes, its worth it- your dad will be really surprised- as suggested , look at more than one date to see if there is a price diff- that is how i picked our sov 3 night 4 night cruises for sept- luckily a great priced date was dh birthday - have a great cruise-

Having done one cruise in an inside cabin *SHUDDER* and having visited one standard outside cabin, my need for space, and to be able to smell fresh air on a regular basis, demands at least a Jr. Suite!

There is nothing better to me,

than the sound of the rushing sea.

My hair flows through salt brease,

relaxed, my soul is so pleased.

Feeling like a marriner of old,

as the isles pass by on seas cold.

My best mate at my side,

holding hands on this ride.

The rush of the sea,

brings love so naturally.

kisses of heaven and earth,

memories of express worth.

All to soon, it is done.

Time to return to civilization.

Yet the memories of the sea,

are the best ones for me.

The majority of folks here will undoubtedly say "go for it."

However, it sounds like you dad is frugal, in the best sense of the word.

If you get a JS, he will be thinking, "what a waste of money." he probably would never say anything, but I guarantee that will be his thought.

If you get a JS, he will be thinking, "what a waste of money." he probably would never say anything, but I guarantee that will be his thought.

Guarantee?? :confused: Wow, you sound pretty confident about that. Are you acquainted with the OP or his father? I'm not, I don't know either of them from Adam. The OP does state that dad thinks OV's are a waste of money, but also that he likes to "spoil" them with balconies . . . so I'm not sure we should be making assumptions as to what he will or will not be thinking.

Just my take. :)

Jr. Suites are ridiculously priced for the 3 days cruises. ( you all know the supply and demand theory) For our upcoming July Sovereign cruise, the JS is $799 PER PERSON ( for 3 days) and the OV’s are all under $389.

To be honest – the 3 days leaves little time in the room.

If you are speaking of the Sovereign, the SOV’s and OV’s are very small . If you will be 3 adults, even with the JS overprices – you might need the space.

M

Guarantee?? :confused: Wow' date=' you sound pretty confident about that. Are you acquainted with the OP or his father? I'm not, I don't know either of them from Adam. The OP does state that dad thinks OV's are a waste of money, but also that he likes to "spoil" them with balconies . . . so I'm not sure we should be making assumptions as to what he will or will not be thinking.[/font']

Just my take. :)

From someone who almost failed college French.........

Yeah, I GUARANTEE it.

Why? Because the OP's father sounds just like me. I might spend the extra to "spoil" my kids (if a good deal were available), BUT I would not spend it on myself, unless a GREAT deal were available.

In this case, there is no great deal.:)

I gotta agree unless it is a REALLY exceptional good deal no way would I book a JS for 3 nights. I'd rather book an OV and take 2 cruises instead of blowing it all on one 3 nighter.

If my son were to put me in a suite instead of an ocean view I would agree he should not have done it but would be very thankful. . Either way your Dad will have a great time. This is truly a nice problem to have!

That is a little under $150 pp/per night for lodging and meals. You would spend that much at a luxury beach resort I would imagine.

Okay I'm confused . . . what figures are you basing this on? By my calculations, $150 pp/per night would come to $900, and the OP says it would be $1338. :confused:

Since I won't sail in anything but a JS, it'd be worth it to me!!! I guess it's all dependant on your comfort levels!!!

Congratulations on your financial well-being and your willingness to share it with us:rolleyes: ...

Perhaps there are those who are either not able to afford it or unwilling to pay for it!

Okay I'm confused . . . what figures are you basing this on? By my calculations' date=' $150 pp/per night would come to $900, and the OP says it would be $1338. :confused:[/font']

I understood the OP that there would be 3 passengers.

$150 pp/$450 per night @ 3 nights=$1350. OP mentioned spoiling "me and my mom" so I assumed it would be OP, Mom & Dad.

Big splurge for the amount of time, but it was our anniversary, and the Sovereign (and her sisters) don't have balconies except in the JS, and we wanted a balcony.

We're doing a 4 day soon, and we have an OV. I'm sure it will be fine. Unless it is a really special occasion AND you can't schedule a longer cruise on one of the larger ships, the JS on the 3 day cruises are a LOT of money for what you get, IMO.

If it is just for 2 and you aren't splitting the cost, it is extravagant on a 3 night cruise. Daughter and I shared a JS on the Monarch our last cruise and it really spoils you--but as you said, Sovereign class ships don't have a balcony category--JS and up have balconies.

Ah-hah' date=' gotcha! That makes sense. I really didn't want to believe that my math was [b']that[/b] bad . . . :p

Your math was right on...perhaps my assumption of 3 is off. :eek:

Archived