New York For A First Timer...

josephml1

$150 a night is a low budget hotel in NY.

This is the closest to your price range I can suggest, the Cosmopolitan in Tibeca that might be better than a one star hotel:

http://www.cosmohotel.com/info/index.html

The problem is once you hit the weeknights, the prices skyrocket due to business travelers.

Have you considered maybe staying only two nights and spending more for a hotel? That might make your stay much more enjoyable.

To be totally honest with you i prefer to travel more in a modest way over than travel less in a luxury way.

Maybe in the near future i can afford more money in hotels, when i finish paying my med school credits.

I really appreciate all your help in this matter.

I will check the options lucky for us we have until Oct...

:) :) :) :)

Unfortunately I don't think $150 a night for Manhattan is doable. A few years ago yes but now the prices for hotels are out of control.

You ar so right, i alredy check many options in Manhatan and nothing... everything is so expensive.:confused:

To be totally honest with you i prefer to travel more in a modest way over than travel less in a luxury way.

Maybe in the near future i can afford more money in hotels, when i finish paying my med school credits.

I really appreciate all your help in this matter.

I will check the options lucky for us we have until Oct...

joseph, unfortunately you will not find a Manhattan hotel for $150 in October which is peak season and I highly suggest you book a backup now. Very likely the city will run close to 100% occupancy in October.

yeah...you all make sense. while vegas would be a getaway location...cities such as NY...would have more of the business people.

hasbrouck heights is a bit out there. you can commute...but a bit far off.

Joseph, you might want to go to this website and read information about the hotels you may be considering:

www.tripadvisor.com

Thanks, i also check the hotels on expedia and the reviews about the hotel, and then i make the reservation..

But for a big city like NY, the location is very important.

no, is my first time in NY...why?:)

I know the location well and personally I wouldn't stay there. Its at the corner of 1 & 9 and I495(the road leading to the lincoln tunnel). One of the most crowded traffic areas in the tri-state area. I hope you don't have asthma. I just wanted to see if you were talking from personal experience.

I have personally never used Priceline but why not try it? A lot of people on these boards seem to have used it with success. That might be your only way of staying in Manhattan for $150 a night. It seems to me that some of the hotels you are mentioning here are very far out of the city and not an easy commute in.

I know the location well and personally I wouldn't stay there. Its at the corner of 1 & 9 and I495(the road leading to the lincoln tunnel). One of the most crowded traffic areas in the tri-state area. I hope you don't have asthma. I just wanted to see if you were talking from personal experience.

No,i just check the location and lookinf for comments related, but i always can change the plans and find another hotel.

Thank your for your opinion, ¿any other option?:)

I have personally never used Priceline but why not try it? A lot of people on these boards seem to have used it with success. That might be your only way of staying in Manhattan for $150 a night. It seems to me that some of the hotels you are mentioning here are very far out of the city and not an easy commute in.

I will check that page maybe i will get lucky and find a good hotel, i am going to check it and come back here for your opinion.

Thanks.

Priceline bidding may be your best bet to find anything in NYC. The places you are looking at aren't outside of NY aren't in the most convenient or best spots to get in and out of to visit the City.

Read this to learn about bidding on Priceline:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=412923

What do you think about and hotel in this location:

East Rutherford, Nueva Jersey 07073 · Estados Unidos

Is good for public transportation subway or path or light rail?

What do you think about and hotel in this location:

East Rutherford, Nueva Jersey 07073 · Estados Unidos

Is good for public transportation subway or path or light rail?

This is where the Meadowlands and Giants Stadium are. Its a suburb, You need to take a bus from here as I don't think there is light rail or PATH.

This is where the Meadowlands and Giants Stadium are. Its a suburb, You need to take a bus from here as I don't think there is light rail or PATH.

Mmmmhh that is bad, i will keep looking and when i find an option i will posted here, for your opinion.

Thanks.

Mmmmhh that is bad, i will keep looking and when i find an option i will posted here, for your opinion.

Thanks.

ok...here is the skinny on my latest info. i called the La Quinta hotel for you. it's a modest place in clifton, nj.

La Quinta Inn & Suites

Clifton

265 Route 3 East

Clifton, NJ 07014

Phone: (973)778-6500

Fax: (973)778-8724

AAA N Diamond Rating

there is a bus stop in the back of the hotel...they have the schedule available at the front desk. http://www.njtransit.com (bus #192) trip time is approximately 30min to NY Port Authority (42nd St)

they also have a courtesy shuttle that can take you to the Delawanna Train station nearby (this is the station i use to go to work). however, they claim that pick up from the station is not possible (i would ask if you choose to stay there).

i agree with everyone that says NYC is the most convenient. but it's been made clear budget is a factor. i didn't bother to get a price...but i can tell you that you should be able to price this for under $150.

the bus isn't the most quickest way...but at least you have a bus right at your fingertips.

DETAILS:

About This Hotel Conveniently located within minutes of New York City, the La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton offers an appealing blend of quality, comfort, and convenience for business and vacation travelers alike. Whether driving or utilizing public transportation, enjoy plentiful attractions such as the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, the Empire State Building and much more. Attend a sporting event at the Meadowlands, Madison Square Gardens or Shea Stadium or explore Greenwich Village...the choices are all within easy reach. There are abundant eateries and plenty of shopping, whether nearby at the Clifton Commons Shopping Center or within minutes on world famous Park Avenue.

Wake up each morning to a delicious complimentary continental breakfast. We even have a game room with a jukebox, pool table, and air hockey. We feature over 7,000 square feet of available meeting-banquet space, available for social functions or corporate meetings. Please contact the hotel directly at 973-778-6500 to inquire.

All spacious rooms feature interior entrances and thoughtful amenities that include work desk areas, free high speed Internet service, free weekday New York Times, expanded premium cable TV, alarm clock, coffee maker, complimentary daily coffee, Microwaves/Refrigerators in some rooms, and much more! Suites are also available.

The courteous staff at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton provides a warm and inviting atmosphere and look forward to making your stay most enjoyable. Please click on "Check Rooms & Rates" to make your reservation online!

Hotel Features

Floors: 4

Rooms: 230

Suites: 7

Complimentary Continental Breakfast

Free USA Today

Free Parking

Meeting Facilities Available

Restaurant Onsite

Lounge/Bar Onsite

Indoor Swimming Pool

Spa

Fitness Center

Pets are welcome, however some restrictions may apply. Please contact the hotel directly for complete details.

Area Attractions & Landmarks

Meadowlands Expo Center , 6 mi.

Empire State Building, 11 mi.

Grand Central Station, 11 mi.

Intrepid Sea Air Space Museum, 11 mi.

Jacob Javits Convention Center, 11 mi.

Chrysler Building, 12 mi.

Ground Zero, 14 mi.

Central Park, 15 mi.

Ellis Island, 16 mi.

Bronx Zoo, 21 mi.

Nearby Restaurants

Red Robin , 0 mi.

Applebee's, .25 mi.

Chevy's Tex Mex, .25 mi.

Clifton Bagels, .25 mi.

Johnny Carinos Italian Grill, .5 mi.

IHOP, 2 mi.

Tick Tock Diner, 2 mi.

Pizzeria Uno Chicago Bar and Grille, 5 mi.

Guest Room Amenities

Free High-Speed Internet Access in all rooms

Dataport Phones

Premium Cable Channels

Coffee Maker

Hair Dryer

Iron with Ironing Board

Microwave in some rooms

Refrigerator in some rooms

Voicemail

Alarm Clock

Entertainment & Shopping

Clifton Commons Shopping Center, .2 mi.

Continental Airlines Arena, 5 mi.

Meadowlands Sports Complex, 5 mi.

Madison Square Garden, 11 mi.

Greenwich Village, 12 mi.

St. Patrick's Cathedral, 12 mi.

Theatre District, 12 mi.

Chinatown, 14 mi.

Apollo Theatre, 16 mi.

Shea Stadium, 21 mi.

Area Companies

ABB Lumus, 0 mi.

ITT, .5 mi.

Hoffman Laroche, 2 mi.

ADP, 3 mi.

Hartz Mountain, 6 mi.

New York Financial District, 14 mi.

Breakfast Items

Fruit

Pastries

Assorted Cereals

Coffee

Tea

Juice

Nearby Sports & Recreation

Golf

Health Club Privileges

Jogging Trail/Track

Accepted Payment Methods

American Express

Certificates/Awards

Coupons

Debit Cards

Discover Card

Mastercard

Travelers Checks

Visa

Vouchers

Joe, Zone's recommendation sounds good to me. The free breakfast is an added bonus. The Port Authority Bus Terminal is safe and easy to figure out. The BT is in the heart of Times Square, and from there you can walk, or catch a subway to any other place you want to go. Thirty minutes is a reasonable commute.

Did you chose a play yet? Go to Playbill.com Which do you prefer-- musicals, comedies, or serious drama?

Joe, Zone's recommendation sounds good to me. The free breakfast is an added bonus. The Port Authority Bus Terminal is safe and easy to figure out. The BT is in the heart of Times Square, and from there you can walk, or catch a subway to any other place you want to go. Thirty minutes is a reasonable commute.

Did you chose a play yet? Go to Playbill.com Which do you prefer-- musicals, comedies, or serious drama?

why thank ya Got2Cruise! just for the record...i totally support staying in NYC. but alas...you know the rest...