New York For A First Timer...

josephml1

Theatermania is good too, I have used them. The best is the TKTS booth, especially the one by the seaport because you can get the tickets (at least for matinees) the day before the show.

The TKTS booth is best for shows that have been out for awhile because there is a good chance tickets will be available there. You need to have a few shows in mind as not all shows are available each day. Theatermania, BroadwayBox, and Playbill are great if you want to see a new show or if you really know what you want to see and won't be happy unless you see that particular show.

One more thing, TKTS is cash only.

Babysis, you might want to go to Puglia Restaurant.

http://menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp?areaid=0&restaurantid=2181&neighborhoodid=0&cuisineid=35

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7113507/new_york_ny/restaurant_puglia.html

It's down by Little Italy. Great place. That's also where the feast is held. Above are two different websites with reviews of the restaurant.

NameGame, thanks so much.... we'll check this one out! Just 2 short months!

I am 3 months away, i cant wait...:D

So Joseph, have you made a decision on your hotel yet? The prices are only going to go up during the month of Oct. I have the same problem when I visit my dd in Boston during parents weekend for her college. With taxes in Boston, I am paying around $300 to stay in the city. I could stay in the suburbs, but I only have one day to spend with my dd, so I don't want to waste lots of time commuting. And, my anniversary is in October too. I once considered a fancy hotel in Manhattan, and they wanted $600 :eek: per night. . .never mind.

So Joseph, have you made a decision on your hotel yet? The prices are only going to go up during the month of Oct. I have the same problem when I visit my dd in Boston during parents weekend for her college. With taxes in Boston, I am paying around $300 to stay in the city. I could stay in the suburbs, but I only have one day to spend with my dd, so I don't want to waste lots of time commuting. And, my anniversary is in October too. I once considered a fancy hotel in Manhattan, and they wanted $600 :eek: per night. . .never mind.

Well I have one night at the sheraton times square i get it with priceline,

also have a backup plan with the Comfort suites in Jersey city and i am cheking this hotel: Courtyard by Marriott Meadowlands Lyndhurst in 1 polito av, ANY COMMENTS???

But i will keep with priceline maybe i get something better in Manhatan.

Is so hard to find a decent hotel with decent prices.:(

http://www.hotel17ny.com/

I just read about this hotel in the recent issue of New York Magazine as one of the best New York hotels for under whatever amount of money (under $100 a night, but of course more in October). It's not the nicest, I would definitely choose a room with a private bath, but it is charming. It's not in the middle of Times Square, but I live only five blocks away from this hotel and I can tell you that it is very easy to get anywhere from this location.

Hi Joseph, sorry couldn't write yesterday, crazy here with that explosion midtown. To answer your question about the Quality Inn, in one word, NO. Really not a good part of Brooklyn.

Yes, i heard something about the explotion in the news, how was it?

And about the hotel in brooklyn, please tell me more, is an unsecure area? or is an ugly area? or.....

Thanks.

It's not a terribly safe area. It's right by some VERY unsafe neighborhoods. The L train often breaks down and undergoes construction often on weekends. If that is your only transportation choice into Manhattan, you could be stuck. I would not recommend walking around the hotel area, especially after dark.

It's not a terribly safe area. It's right by some VERY unsafe neighborhoods. The L train often breaks down and undergoes construction often on weekends. If that is your only transportation choice into Manhattan, you could be stuck. I would not recommend walking around the hotel area, especially after dark.

I never think that is going to be so hard to find a good hotel with decent price...:(

I never think that is going to be so hard to find a good hotel with decent price...:(

Staying outside NYC is not a great idea - many of the areas you are looking at are just not in good neighborhoods. In NYC, you get what you pay for.

Did you look at the Pod Hotel in Manhattan?

http://www.thepodhotelny.com

Hi Joe, I saw your post on the other thread. I do not live in Brooklyn anymore (unfortunately:( ). I seems the other people are giving good advice, though. Brooklyn (or at least a good part of it) is being revitalized. Check out tripadvisor for hotel choices as well.

Enjoy NY!!!!!!!! I love it.

Hi Joe, I saw your post on the other thread. I do not live in Brooklyn anymore (unfortunately:( ). I seems the other people are giving good advice, though. Brooklyn (or at least a good part of it) is being revitalized. Check out tripadvisor for hotel choices as well.

Enjoy NY!!!!!!!! I love it.

I agree with Moondawgie, but it doesn't hurt to ask here. If you are not from the area, you really don't know what areas are safe. Who knew Park Slope would turn into one of the hottest neighborhoods?

http://www.hotel17ny.com/

Joseph, did you check out this hotel for your dates?

I made a backup reservation there for 3 nights... to be totally honest with you it came out of my budget the hotel is 230 dlls per night taxes included.

So i get it as a backup and i will continue looking maybe in the suburbs brooklyn or queens or flushing a hotel near the subway station a little less expensive....

I have to said thank you very much for all the help in this hotel quest...:)

I just returned from 3 nights at the Holiday Inn Express, Union & 4th Ave in Brooklyn. Near to Park Slope and in the midst of a resurgence. Close to the R line and lots of cute, restaurants that won't break the bank.

I just returned from 3 nights at the Holiday Inn Express, Union & 4th Ave in Brooklyn. Near to Park Slope and in the midst of a resurgence. Close to the R line and lots of cute, restaurants that won't break the bank.

What price per night do you get? and where?