New York For A First Timer...

josephml1

I second the recommendation about John's Pizza on 44th... good stuff! Convenient to the Broadway/Times Square.

http://www.johnspizzerianyc.com/

You can also find some reasonably priced restaurants near Times Square/Broadway shows on Restaurant Row:

http://www.restaurantrownyc.com/

http://darosina.com/

http://capri46.com/

Darosina and capri looks very good also...

This restaurants have a fix price lunch and dinner menu with salad, entree and desert for 18 lunch and 26 dinner.

It looks excelent Yummy;)

Thanks for the advice.

Okay I hope everyone is not all out of good advice because I need some. I would like to take a city tour using the hop on hop off buses after I get off the cruise but my problem is what do I with my luggage because I don't want to drag it with me

http://www.unionsquareinn.com/

Joseph, I can't believe I am still looking for hotels in Manhattan, even though you already have one in LIC. I passed this one last night. Looks really cute and the website looks like it's not too expensive. It's in a great neighborhood.

This hotel looks very good and is non expensive hotel in Manhattan.

I try to make a reservation there and have a return answer with no availability for my entire stay. :(

October is hard...

I think we are going to stick with the hotel in LIC, when we are closer to October I am going to check again maybe i find something better in Manhattan.

But I really appreciate the advice.:)

Okay I hope everyone is not all out of good advice because I need some. I would like to take a city tour using the hop on hop off buses after I get off the cruise but my problem is what do I with my luggage because I don't want to drag it with me

There really is no place to store your luggage that I am aware of if you aren't staying in a hotel. And you don't want to do that bus with your luggage - there isn't room for it and if you get off the bus to tour any of the areas, you have to lug it with you.

Maybe look at hiring a private car to give you a tour.

any cruise lines offers many NY tours after the cruise, and they take care of your luggage, some cruise tours also drop you in the airport.

Thanks for the thoughts. Joseph I thought they did as well but I didn't see anything offered on the NCL site but I will check again and maybe ask on the NCL board.

Teresa

You are right - I don't see anything offered by NCL either in New York City.

Thanks for the thoughts. Joseph I thought they did as well but I didn't see anything offered on the NCL site but I will check again and maybe ask on the NCL board.

Teresa

That is a :( i read something about princess or RCI NY tours after the cruise, but not totally sure.

Maybe the idea to hire a car will work for you and your luggage and in the end of the tour they will drop you in the airport.:)

We went on our cruise in March out of New York city and stayed 3 days before leaving at the Amsterdam Court just around the corner from Times Square. When we returned we were off the ship around 10am and our flight didn't leave until 11:20 pm so we arranged to drop off our luggage to the same hotel for the day (free) and we toured the city until 6pm, picked up our luggage and went to the airport. It was a great option:)

Did you call Greyline Tour Company?

I'm thinking that the downstairs of the buses stays empty and they may store the luggage for you there but you'd be out of luck if you want to hop off.

My suggestion would be to call the concierge desk at the Marriott Marquis and politely inquire as to if they would store your luggage for you for a fee for the day. Since they have over 1,000 hotel rooms I'm sure they have the room. Also, a big tip works wonders. Mention this.

BlueHerons thanks for the info. Someone else also mentioned the Waldorf to leave the luggage but do you know which is closer to the pier and is that an area where the tourist buses run? I would like to use the Hop on Hop off bus.

Thanks

Teresa

BlueHerons thanks for the info. Someone else also mentioned the Waldorf to leave the luggage but do you know which is closer to the pier and is that an area where the tourist buses run? I would like to use the Hop on Hop off bus.

Thanks

Teresa

The Waldorf Astoria would not be convenient as it is way over on Park Avenue. The Marriott Marquis is close to the pier and the boarding/starting spot for the tour buses.

All NYC hotels will hold luggage but some have lots more room than others to do this.

The Waldorf Astoria would not be convenient as it is way over on Park Avenue. The Marriott Marquis is close to the pier and the boarding/starting spot for the tour buses.

All NYC hotels will hold luggage but some have lots more room than others to do this.

That sounds like a good idea...they will keep your luggage secure.:)

I want to thank everyone for thier help:) Blueherons do you know what part of to the loop it would be at the Marriott Uptown or Downtown? I had wanted to do the downtown tour.

Thanks Teresa

All of the tours originate in Times Square which is where the Marriott Marquis is located. At most you'd have to walk four blocks for the bus.

This is why I recommended the MM.

Ck out the Clam Bar in Grand Central Station....whenever I go to NYC..I'm there for the bouillabaisse.:D

I think you are refering to this restaurant:

Grand Central Oyster Bar

http://www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp?areaid=0&restaurantid=3361&neighborhoodid=0&cuisineid=55

I love the Boullabaise.. i Think i will be there.

Thanks for the advice.:)

Hello everyone...

Where is a good place to do a good Picnic in Central Park with a good view, and maybe to buy around a good vine or canapes.

Can you drink wine in the park?

strawberry fields or the great lawn. Zabars on the west side or Dean and Deluca on the East side. any wine store. Its technically illeagl to drink alcohol in the park without a permit as its also illegal to drink beer on the street but these are rarely enforced in the park...unless you are rowdy or if its the puerto rican day parade or st pats day and you are under age.

The 67th street wine store is one of my favorites....try the $1100 bottle of port ;0)

strawberry fields or the great lawn. Zabars on the west side or Dean and Deluca on the East side. any wine store. Its technically illeagl to drink alcohol in the park without a permit as its also illegal to drink beer on the street but these are rarely enforced in the park...unless you are rowdy or if its the puerto rican day parade or st pats day and you are under age.

The 67th street wine store is one of my favorites....try the $1100 bottle of port ;0)

Well i dont usually drink beer, just a glass of a Pinot Noir maybe with Foie Gras...:D

But thanks for the advice about the 1100 bottle;) and the places for a picnic with a view.:)

actually I have a story about the $1100 bottle....its in a locked case. The following year for the same brand of port is about $100. So I asked the salesperson if there really was that much of a difference between the taste of the two and his answer was.....you really don't think my boss allowed me to taste the $1100 bottle do you?

We'll be in New York in 2 weeks. Although I have been following this thread, I have 2 questions;

1) The Raddisson on Lexiongton...can anybody give me any comments

2) What is the name of the place in Times Square that I can get discoutn show tickets