Which X Ship Has the Best Food and does..

rogerdm

:) Oh that food topic...LOVE IT! I have only been on 2 ships...Century and Mercury...the food on both was wonderful!

Hmmmm.......anything special?......ALL OF IT:D ....oh wait...they have an awesome French Potatoe Pie...its layered with Cheese and wonderful flakey crust....its on the lunch menu in the dining room...YUMMY!

And....ALL those chilled fruit soups.....love them, love them, love them:D

I'm with you, Lois. That French potato pie was marvelous - read about it here and made a special effort to try it. We also loved the honey pear soup, it was so tasty. Can't wait for our next cruise in May to enjoy these treats again.

Any idea what that is called? I'm making an effort on this cruise to try things I haven't tried before. I've heard about this and I don't want to miss it.

The Rack of Lamb is very good on all the X ships I've been on!

hi Gail:) ...not sure if it has a "special name" or not....but you will see it on the menu.....

Oh that honey-pear soup was my favorite too:D ..tasted like someone had just pureed a fresh pear!!!

I've only sailed on Century but the things that stand out in my mind are the chilled soups - all wonderful, creme brulee, Celebrity salad dressing on salads and their cocktail sauce is very, very good. I love shrimp cocktail and theirs is the best. Heavy on the horseradish which is just how I love cocktail sauce. I almost forgot, one more thing are the freshly made waffles for breakfast. I'm making myself hungry here!

Terri

:) Oh that food topic...LOVE IT! I have only been on 2 ships...Century and Mercury...the food on both was wonderful!

Hmmmm.......anything special?......ALL OF IT:D ....oh wait...they have an awesome French Potatoe Pie...its layered with Cheese and wonderful flakey crust....its on the lunch menu in the dining room...YUMMY!

And....ALL those chilled fruit soups.....love them, love them, love them:D

I am sooo happy to hear that Mercury's food is great.

After two cruises away from X I will finally be able to say "I told you so!" to my DH. :)

I only sailed Century. I don't really remember enries (except lobster and lamb) because I usually was sooo full after great appetizers,salads and soups

I couldn't think about main entry.

Chilled soups were terrific (I've never tried them befire), escargots, frog legs, yumm!!!

I am not sure but I think I heard X class has better food than M class. Is it true?

Tatka...you mean the "C" Class?.....I haven't sailed on any of the M Class so cannot give an educated answer. But I do know the M Class have the Specialty Restaurants.....and the food in there is supposed to FANTASTIC:) ....from everything I have read....better than the regular dining rooms.

:p :p We have sailed on most of the Celebrity ships and found that the food was very good on all of them (the only problem was on the Century Trans Atlantic cruise November 1999, someone gave the chef a new salt shaker and he thought he had to use it all up in every dish) since then we never had the same problem. Have sailed with Celebrity 8 times in the past and never went home hungry.

P.S. Going on the Summit again in December for the 4th time, I guess I like the food and service.:D :D :D

any particular ship have special items that stand out above the others? I know that the menus are probably the same, but the chef's are not.

Hi RogerDM !

Yes, you are right about the menus being "pretty much the same" on all the Celebrity Ships. I have been on several 7 & 10 night Caribbean sailings, and the menus have been virtually identical, from ship to ship.

The bottom line is, the food is wonderful on the entire fleet ! You do not have to worry about how it is on any one particular Celebrity ship.

Regards,

Andy

Tatka...you mean the "C" Class?.....I haven't sailed on any of the M Class so cannot give an educated answer. But I do know the M Class have the Specialty Restaurants.....and the food in there is supposed to FANTASTIC:) ....from everything I have read....better than the regular dining rooms.

Lois we sailed on the Millennium 14 day Panama Canal we Ate in the Olympic

The food was to die for. It was well worth the money.The service was the best I have ever had. Al.D

Not only are the menus the same on every ship but on Mondays it's Monday's menu. On Tuesday it's Tuesday menu etc. It doesn't matter which Celebrity ship I've been on.

Don't get me wrong. The food is delicious. But it would be nice not to be able to predict what's on the menu (especially on 14 day cruises).

I've been on the Summit, Millenium, Galaxy, and Zenith. The food has always been consistant. The lamb chops/rack of lamb is wonderful. Don't get the lamb steak, it was tough and flavorless on all four ships. The desserts can't be topped. The food in the cafe is usually not as good as the resturants but still flavorfull. The food at the grills in the back of the cafes is always good. They make it fresh right in front of you.

Overall Celebrity has great food.

So good to see you on the boards! Yea, the rack of lamb is good, isn't it? Just screams for a good glass of red wine! I always eat it twice on a 10 to 14 night cruise.

I don't think this was in place when we last emailed - Earl and I got a 'quickie' Galaxy 10 night 9/17 out of Baltimore. Really looking forward to it!

Hope things are better and we see more of you around here! My love to you and to Art!

Gail

roger, it will be interesting to see which you think is best, M or C. I had read here on the boards that the restaurant staff don't like the kitchen set up on the M class as much. Not so accessible for the main dining room. Most seem to rave about the Speciality Restaurant on the M class that the C class of course doesn't have.

Like Lois, I have yet to try the M class, but the food on Mercury for me was better than Galaxy, but it was still very enjoyable on both. I loved the steaks.Tasty.gif And the desserts!

Phil

Archived