Horizon Ct and Cafe Caribe

sparky3229

What is served at the Cafe? I understand the Horizon is the buffet...but what is the Cafe? I will be on the CB (not sure if they are called these names on all the ships). Also, is there sushi, and where?

What is served at the Cafe? I understand the Horizon is the buffet...but what is the Cafe? I will be on the CB (not sure if they are called these names on all the ships). Also, is there sushi, and where?

Cafe Caribe is also a buffet and it is at the rear of the Horizon Court. They have themed food throughout the week IE Barvarian night etc.

They do have sushi a couple of days during the week of the cruise in the buffet area as well. Just watch for it. Lunch/dinner. :)

Its sorta like two restaurants side by side that serve ALMOST the same foods. Both buffet style. Entering from the middle of the ship, you will come upon the Horizon Court buffet first then you walk a little way and are in the Caribe Cafe (aft area). The main difference I found is that the Horizon court offered Omelets in the morning, had ice cream at 3:30pm every afternoon (in the closed down section - have to search for it), and offered the daily specials that are advertized in the Patters (sushi/thai/etc...). The Caribe Cafe is open late at night with sandwich/salad/dessert/snacks. The Horizon Court seemed to be a little busier all the time and thus more confusing with people darting in and out. We enjoyed both buffets very much and if you love fruit...that is the place to be!

Even though the Cafe Caribe is a buffet, during the evening meal the tables are set with table cloths, silverware and glassware much like a dinning room. They often serve some of the same foods that are available in the dinning room that evening. At least this is how it was on the Caribbean Princess.

It seems people have said that the Horizon Court is fairly crowded and unorganized in how they have people file through. Do some people not really see the Caribe Cafe begind? Is that a more managable place for a buffet line? My other cruises it seemed I really didnt eat a lunch...I certainly checked out the food at lunch time and sorta "grazed". I usually will get a sandwich. Are there fresh made sandwiches to order anywhwere? Is the fresh fruit I hear about in the Horizon AND the Caribe? I will be on the Caribbean Princess.

The buffet on Princess ships is not always the Horizon Court. You have the Lido, the Panorama buffet, etc. on some ships instead of Horizon Court.

On the CB, the Cafe Caribe is like an extension of the Horizon Court but on the other side of the elevators, towards the rear of the ship. For breakfast, it's a great place to find a table because most people don't think to go there. For lunch, I've seen sushi several times.

Cafe Caribe is more like a regular, straight buffet line with 2 entrances. We enjoyed it quite a bit on the Crown --- we never tried dinner but the themed lunches seemed to us a cut above the regular Horizon Court, especially the Mexican lunch. It's also a little quieter near the Caribe, and easier to get a table. Between selections at the Horizon Court, Cafe Caribe, the pizzeria and grill, there was never a problem finding something for each of us.

Sushi was served in the Caribe Cafe on my cruise last week, but I dont remember if it was lunch or a dinner choice.

On the CB there was sushi at lunch ; I don't now if that was the case everyday as I did not eat there everyday. :)

From the Caribe Cafe you can also go outside and sit at barstools overlooking the aft pool.

I think the Caribe Cafe served more continental style breakfast with pastries, yoghurt, fruit and cereals.

Even though the Cafe Caribe is a buffet, during the evening meal the tables are set with table cloths, silverware and glassware much like a dinning room. They often serve some of the same foods that are available in the dinning room that evening. At least this is how it was on the Caribbean Princess.

We ate dinner at the Cafe almost every night on the CB. The only difference between here and the dining room- is we got our own food and didnt have the waiters running around between us.

The tableclothes, silverware was very nice. At night time--depending onthe theme there was strolling musicians. Bavarian niught had thos accordian players.- mexican night those people play marachis.. (very nice. relaxing.

The Horizon court had more choices for breakfast then the cafe had

So much so that we are now booked on the Crown for Feb 2009

Horizon Court has island-style service rather than traditional wait-on-line buffet service... you can simply go to the island that has the food you are interested in, rather than waiting on a long line and passing by several dishes you don't want.

Some people seem confused by island-style service, and act as if people are "cutting in line" -- they're not, they're on a DIFFERENT line! I enjoy island-style buffets, they are quick and easy to navigate.

The Cafe Caribe is a more traditional style walk-through buffet (although you walk around a curve) -- but since it is so far aft, it is rarely as crowded as HC, and it is easy to get through quickly.

I was astonished at the quality of food in both venues on the CB; really remarkably better than the similar-named buffet on the Sun Princess 3 months earlier. I could ALWAYS find something delicious to eat at Horizon Court, and Cafe Caribe really had gourmet offerings, quite remarkable for a restaurant that has to serve so many hundreds of people every day.

I hope I have time on my upcoming Crown Cruise to take the galley tour -- it must be amazing!

Emerald Princess Caribe Cafe breakfast buffet line in the pictures in the middle of this page. Click each picture to make it bigger.

http://www.princessshutter.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=24&page=13

On the CB last May the Cafe Caribe was not open for breakfast. I was thinking to my self that it would be a great place to set up an "express" breakfast line with continental breakfast items. Nice to see they do use it on some ships.

It seems people have said that the Horizon Court is fairly crowded and unorganized in how they have people file through. Do some people not really see the Caribe Cafe begind? Is that a more managable place for a buffet line?

Sparky, I'm convinced that some people aren't aware that Cafe Caribe is back there. It's much less crowded and is usually themed for lunch, e.g., Mexican, Chinese, sushi.

Keep in mind that free ice cream is served in the Horizon every afternoon on the CB --- something like 2:00 - 4:00.

Archived