How many plates of food do you eat a day?

wilson9112

How many plates of food do you eat a day?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. How many plates of food do you eat a day?

• 1 time a day
    • 2 times a day
    • 3 times a day
    • 4 times a day
    • 5 times a day
    • I dont know, Im a pig and cannot count???

Room service wakes me up in the morning with my bagels/ cream cheese and coffee.

Lunch is a grilled reuben.

Dinner is in the formal dining room (any kind of beef)...

that's it!!

I pretty much stick to my normal eating habits on a cruise. Breakfast is coffee or juice, bacon, and a croissant or cinnamon roll. Cruise ship eggs are less than appealing to me, and I usually eat grits every day(I'm a Memphis boy), but they just can't cook em right.

Then I am not hungry much until dinnertime, usually 8:00 seating. Then I eat everything on my plate!:p But, gosh, don't catch me near the pizzeria!:D

I pretty much stick to my normal eating habits on a cruise. Breakfast is coffee or juice, bacon, and a croissant or cinnamon roll. Cruise ship eggs are less than appealing to me, and I usually eat grits every day(I'm a Memphis boy), but they just can't cook em right.

Then I am not hungry much until dinnertime, usually 8:00 seating. Then I eat everything on my plate!:p But, gosh, don't catch me near the pizzeria!:D

what about lunch? You mean you have just a carb or some kind plus juice and coffee for breakfast and then don't eat again til dinner? Wow!!!

Nita

I try to watch what I eat. I love fresh fruit and try to eat a lot while on cruises. Although it's not that much of a splurge, but there's something keeps me from buying canteloupe and honeydew when they get above $3 at home. Same thing with smoked salmon. It's something I don't buy for myself very often but eat almost every day on a cruise.

On our last cruise, I pigged out. I expected that I'd be 10 pounds heavier when I got home, but to my surprise had only added 3 pounds (after losing about 5 before the cruise, so I still had a net loss!) I probably had about 4 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and an afternoon snack).

I'm really looking forward to eating on this cruise too, but will try not to get too crazy since I have a wedding in less than a year, and I didn't lose any pre-cruise weight this time. I'm also going to try to be more active this time (talking a long walk/jog on the ship every day or something).

On our first cruise to Alaska, we pigged out the first day. I felt so uncomfortable, I ate less the next day. I felt pretty good, but ate less the next day. I ended up losing 5 pounds that cruise. I have only gained on one cruise, in Feb to the Panama Canal, but I can't blame the cruise for the gain. I didn't eat that much, but the rest of the month I continued to gain. So I figure that something was wrong with me. Our last cruise in Aug., I actually lost 8 pounds.

I think the reason for losing weight is that we eat right. When I cook at home, I have been cooking for over 45 years, and I am tired of it. I can't think of things to fix, and to tell the truth, I am beginning to hate cooking. So when we go on a cruise, because someone else is cooking, I enjoy eating. I eat whatever I want, but taste everything I want too. The last cruise, the mashed potatoes tasted so good, that that was my main staple. I didn't really care too much for the rest of the food. However, the cookies were really good.

I voted 4 because i'm a bit of a piggy :p

I have breakfast, a small lunch, a pizza later in the afternoon and then dinner at the late sitting.

If it's a port day though I usually don't have the lunch, so I have the pizza as my lunch :) I'd rather stay on shore and enjoy it while i'm there, than go back on board for a meal:D

Hi,

I ate more on my cruise then I usually do at home. The food is handy there, smells and looks so good and I DO NOT have to MAKE IT. I ate in the dining rooms for breakfast, lunch and dinner, there was food there by the pool and of course I had to have a plate of french fries and a slice of pizza, when my dd went for ice cream, I usually got some fruit and salad. Then there is room service and since it only cost a tip my daughter of course brought a bunch of $1 for room service and we had cheese cake and dill pickles every night. She had so much fun with room service, and they got to know her, they knew what she was going to order. Then we had to try the midnight buffets. A person could eat themselves silly on a cruise and amazingly enough I didn't gain a pound. My friend went with me and gained 10 pounds and she was watching what she ate, She did not eat very much and was constantly going to dance and excerse class.

It was kind of funny she was being very heath consciense and excersising and I laid around and ate myself silly (so to speak) He,he,he.... I am maintained and she gained weight funny how that works.

cruisinggrammie's daughter

FINALLY - someone that is like me that doesn't like ice cream - love french fries though. When my fellow cruisers goes for the ice cream I usually head for the dessert table - apple pie, fresh fruit, or pastries.

If you have the French fries in a cone, does that not count as a plate? :D

I'm one of those who throw it away after a taste if I don't care for the taste of it. I would never continue eating something I didn't care for. Not on a ship with so many choices. If it is something new I am trying, I take a very small portion to sample. If I enjoy it, I can always go back for more.

Me too. I LOVE trying new foods and only take a little until I know I’ll like it.

Back to the original question:

breakfast: 1 for food, 1 for fruit

lunch: If I eat breakfast, I usually don’t eat lunch

dinner (early seating): As newmexicoNita said, there’s the bread plate, salad plate, appetizer, entree, maybe separate veggie or potato plate, plus dessert. So I use the bread plate, get either a salad or appetizer, only 1 entrée (no separate veggies), and of course dessert.

So 6 plates, maybe 7 if I get an in-between snack, i.e., chocolate extravaganza / midnight buffet.

BTW, when I went on my 10-day Panama Canal cruise I was concerned because this was my longest time on a cruise (with all that food!). But I only gained a half pound. Every other day we were at sea and I went to the gym. The port days did a lot of walking and even did a bike ride (shore excursion). I don’t recall gaining much if anything on my other cruises. But I was younger then. We’ll see on my upcoming cruises! ;)

Originally Posted by sail7seas viewpost.gif

I'm one of those who throw it away after a taste if I don't care for the taste of it. I would never continue eating something I didn't care for. Not on a ship with so many choices. If it is something new I am trying, I take a very small portion to sample. If I enjoy it, I can always go back for more.

Nothing wrong with taking a small sample of something and tossing it if you don't like it - my point is that I've seen people fill a plate with something and then toss it after a small taste. I'm in the food industry and this is a pet peeve of mine - along with folks who 'taste' along the way.

I'm always careful to eat exactly like do at home - breakfast is a bowl of cereal, fruit and a piece of toast, lunch is a bowl of soup and salad (sans dressing) and then I eat what I want at night (within reason). Not saying it works for everyone, but it does for me and I don't come back with unwanted pounds.

Charlie

Wilson, I like you and your questions! You are interested in the same things I am.

Food is my life. I love it, live it, read it and eat it. It doesn't matter where it's from or what it is, show it to me and I'm interested. Guess I should point out that I like the ethnic stuff as much as the all american stuff. Not big on fast food, except pizza. My most joyous moment was on the Carnival Ecstasy when I noticed the buffet was an all Indian "affair" prepared by the Indian crew, one day. I just had to try one of each... yes, all touching on one plate or 2 and ate most of it. Different perfumes, aromas, is the name of the game for me. I just lost 70 # on WW and have trouble handling the thought of not tasting all the goodies on the next cruise.

Wilson, I like you and your questions! You are interested in the same things I am.

Food is my life. I love it, live it, read it and eat it. It doesn't matter where it's from or what it is, show it to me and I'm interested. Guess I should point out that I like the ethnic stuff as much as the all american stuff. Not big on fast food, except pizza. My most joyous moment was on the Carnival Ecstasy when I noticed the buffet was an all Indian "affair" prepared by the Indian crew, one day. I just had to try one of each... yes, all touching on one plate or 2 and ate most of it. Different perfumes, aromas, is the name of the game for me. I just lost 70 # on WW and have trouble handling the thought of not tasting all the goodies on the next cruise.

:D Glad to see we have the same interests! Gotta luv the food questions lol:D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived