Problem with Celebrity Connections!

Xcruiser

Well I called Captains Club/Celebrity to ask about this problem but the person I spoke to had no idea what Cruise Critic was or even what I was talking about plus he even asked someone else and still no luck. That scares me since this is all on their own website. I to have emailed my concerns so will see what comes of that.

The only time I actually call and no one knows what I am talking about :(

This has been true whever we have called X for anything--only one phone rep in the last 6 months knew her stauff and was polite, cheerful and helpful.

Often they didn't know--

or wouldn't bother to help me find the answer I was looking for (such as whats in the TEEN TOWER) or (When are the formal nights on the holiday Ult carribean 11 nt cruise..):eek:

If the Connections parties are on their website--they should know their site and their product...

Just my 3 cents (adjusted for inflation)

Laura, thanks for following up. We look forward to hearing more and hope X will be responding to you soon.

After reading this thread, I checked on our October 22, 2008 sailing on the Mercury to Hawaii. It too has been lost.:eek: We received a confirmation some time ago regarding our registration and others on the roll call also have received confirmations.

The following was the message when I checked for the party (red was the color of the font on the website):

"As of December 07, 2007, no guest has signed up for your Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections part on Mercury departing October 22, 2008."

Thanks to all posters for bringing this to our attention. We hope those sailing soon will still have their "Connection" party. It really is a nice event.

Early this morning the connections party for the Millennium Easter cruise had also gone from 26 to 0! This is kept track of on the Celebrity web site, not on Cruise Critic. One would think that Celebrity can (and certainly SHOULD) restore the data without everyone having to re-register. Laura, hopefully you can get more accurate and helpful response from Celebrity.

David

Does everyone think this is a "computer error" rather than a way of telling us that the program is ending?:eek:

Captain's Club reunion cruises have already ceased.

I would think (hope) that if the program were ending, that at the very least Laura would have been aware of it! On the other hand, when it comes to Celebrity & customer "service"..................

Yep ours which I think was well over 50 was at 2 when I reregistered just now--put a note on our Roll Call--sure hope we get it back up--but at the same time I wonder if perhaps who ever is in charge on each ship might already have some of the info? Sure hope those on it recheck back & sign up again...I would think as each one is getting closer that others WOULD check in to see what is being said etc...lets hope it gets fixed & isn't going the way that someone mentioned about not having them...if that were the case I would think the link to register would no longer be on CC.

It's not shutting down. This has happened before and has taken a while to fix. Both Celebrity Connections and RCI M&Ms went back to zero.

The last time they supposedly asked filks not to reregister. This time there has been no acknowledgement of the problem.

Those close should probably reregister.

JMHO

I called the Captains Club to see if I could get some information on the Cruise Critic Celebrity Connections issue. The person I spoke with had not heard of any problems and said it was normal until 25 people had registered, then I would be notified by email - not surprising! :( I repeated that going from 23 to 0 registered overnight was not normal and it was being report by many on the CC =X= and RCCL boards. She than offered to check with someone and after being on hold for 5 minutes came back with:

“They are aware of the problem and are looking in to it, no further official information is available at this time.”

This is not a good sign and being 48 hours after the first reports of the issue doesn’t give me much hope it will be any resolved anytime soon. If a simple restore of the data would resolve this problem it would have done so by this point.

I would suggest that all post on their respective roll call boards to have everyone re-register to make sure the current data is updated. If the data already reflects that your booking number is registered it will so inform you. Also anyone that received a confirmation email of your Connections M&M I would suggest printing it and take it with you when you board in case if the problem is not resolved first.

This has been true whever we have called X for anything--only one phone rep in the last 6 months knew her stauff and was polite, cheerful and helpful.

Often they didn't know--

or wouldn't bother to help me find the answer I was looking for (such as whats in the TEEN TOWER) or (When are the formal nights on the holiday Ult carribean 11 nt cruise..):eek:

If the Connections parties are on their website--they should know their site and their product...

Just my 3 cents (adjusted for inflation)

Like u I called and the fellow had no idea what I was talking about and even checked with someone else and they 2 didn't know anything. How crazy is that when its their own website. So sent an email .... who wants to bet if I hear back from them ??? :( Who trains these people????

:) :) Our party on the 01/13/08 Millennium was also wiped out, we originally had 30 signed up. I reregistered myself and DH, guess that's what everybody will have to do, sorry to hear that nobody on the phone at Celebrity knew about the parties!

Barbara and Orlando

We had 70 people registered. So far we've been able to get 39 people to re-register and we are sailing in just over 8 days. I sure hope people check the roll call or this forum. As has been discussed on this forum before even if people bring the e-mail not everyone realizes how early in the day or cruise Celebrity usually holds the connections party so many will tend to miss it if they don't know to check it out on embarkation day.

Like u I called and the fellow had no idea what I was talking about and even checked with someone else and they 2 didn't know anything. How crazy is that when its their own website. So sent an email .... who wants to bet if I hear back from them ??? :( Who trains these people????

I sent an email via their website asking about it too--through the email/contact links..specifyng onboard activites..

no word yet...

C2C--I had the same thought--another small perk gone!

Our Jan trip on Royal Carib is now up to 6 or 8 & we were struggling just to reach 25! Hope they don't lose confirmed & paid for reservations this easily!

:) :) Our party on the 01/13/08 Millennium was also wiped out, we originally had 30 signed up. I reregistered myself and DH, guess that's what everybody will have to do, sorry to hear that nobody on the phone at Celebrity knew about the parties!

Barbara and Orlando

We are following you on Millie 01/20/08 and we are back to 17 of the 23 we had and were trying to reach 25, it's going to be harder now. I posted on our roll call to have all re-register so I guess we will just see if all do.

It's about 60 hours since the inital reports of the problem and still no "Offical Word" from X or RCCL - not looking good:(

I just tried to check the number registered for our connections and when I go to the page where you register or check I get the following error message "Error 500: ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/content/cruisecritic/cruisecritic_connections.jsp': null" so maybe this means they are working on the problem. Or at least I hope so. Fingers crossed.

I just tried to check the number registered for our connections and when I go to the page where you register or check I get the following error message "Error 500: ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/content/cruisecritic/cruisecritic_connections.jsp': null" so maybe this means they are working on the problem. Or at least I hope so. Fingers crossed.

Use the link below to check on the X site:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do

I just checked and for our cruise and nothing has changed so far:(

If you think you have read this post once before your not seeing double - sorry wasn't me the boards are acting up again.

Hi, it must be every sailing. I am going on Galaxy in March and though

we still were no where close to 25:eek: :confused: we had 8 or 9 folks who

had registered.

When I checked (after reading this thread) last night it said

0 people had signed up.

I have now re-registered and it shows 1 person:rolleyes:

If you think you have read this post once before your not seeing double - sorry wasn't me the boards are acting up again.

Now that is interesting I still got the error message so I decided to try it in IE since I use Firefox and it worked. It could be that they are working on something and in so doing whatever makes it worked in other browsers besides the standard stopped working because it was working in Firefox last night. Would be nice. At least I now know we are up to 41 from our 70 at 7 days plus hours from our cruise.

It also could be a problem with Vista and Firefox and whatever they may be trying to repair. I may go back in with my other computer out of curiosity. I've had problems with sites and Firefox and I've had problems with sites and Vista before. Either way they did something between last night and this morning.

On the Roll Call board for the Millennium Jan. 20th 2008 sailing it was noticed that the Celebrity Connections Site went from showing 23 registered to showing 0 yesterday.:eek: All have to re-register for connections on this cruise as it’s now counting back up from 0.

If you are on this sailing and have not done so please re-register for the Connections M&M on the Celebrity Site. If you are registered on another Celebrity sailing go to the connections site and verify it’s showing the correct registered total for your sailing.

Joel

Same problem with Connetions for Summit 12/21 to Hawaii--Please re-register as we went from 85 registered to 0 and we are now back to 30 something.

Now that is interesting I still got the error message so I decided to try it in IE since I use Firefox and it worked. It could be that they are working on something and in so doing whatever makes it worked in other browsers besides the standard stopped working because it was working in Firefox last night. Would be nice. At least I now know we are up to 41 from our 70 at 7 days plus hours from our cruise.

It also could be a problem with Vista and Firefox and whatever they may be trying to repair. I may go back in with my other computer out of curiosity. I've had problems with sites and Firefox and I've had problems with sites and Vista before. Either way they did something between last night and this morning.

I use Vista & no problems getting in today--we are SLOWLY getting our totals up--all the way to 16 today--now I think we had like 57

I was thinking about one posters experience with a X agent who said this was "normal":mad:

uh, NOT "normal" at all...

If I bring a copy of the earlier email saying the

Congratulations, the connections party is a "go"...

will that suffice--??:confused:

Who and where would you even provide this to prove to the X office that we had all registered...

My wonder is does this mean with 2008 the Connections is GONE???:eek:

Archived