The Dream? Or the Nightmare? (or why I may give up cruising?)

SailorJack

Simply the funniest and most entertaining review I've ever read. You should be a sitcom writer. This is just hysterical and I applaud you!!!

...Cruise vacation. Has anyone besides me ever wished they get Chevy and Beverly back together for the Grizwalds' family reunion cruise? Clark would be a Grandpa by now.....

I registered here today. I have visited this board many, many times before and read many, many posts. I have to say to you Jack: THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER READ! Like many others have said, it was laugh out loud funny, and I could barely see for the tears.

If you're looking for a cruise, try the Spirit 5/31/08 cruise. I'll be there and would love to be in the company of you and Jill! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be easy to find; I'll just look for the biggest crowd of people!

Thanks Adele! I did a search for "SailorJack" and didn't see his responses.

Mary

The best way to find other posts by a poster:

Find just one of their posts (In Sailorjack's case, his starting post in this thread)

Click on his username above the post.

Click the link to Find All Posts by Sailorjack

Sailor Jack,

Fantastic funny review/post. I loved reading every word. I am so glad to my friend who sent me the link to this particular post. It is great to read something that brings a smile and chuckle and a tear from laughing to one's eyes and your post certainly did that for me.

I wonder how I would have managed with all those mishaps. I hope my humour would have survived. Though we did miss 3 ports when we sailed from Rio to Valpariso and one of those was the Falklands due to high winds. You may never have been able to tender anyhow.

Jennie

Thanks for your comments (and to everyone else, also). I was a Human Resources Officer for a large company here in Atlanta. When we were purchased by a competitor, I was able to take early retirement.

Now SailorJill and I are taking the time to do the things we could not do when I was on the Corporate Treadmill.

Thanks for the info on your current situation....You know a lot of people decide to write memoirs, I am sure if you could put something together like this review, it would be on the best seller list in no time....You already have a waiting audience right here for your next literary endeavor.

You described exactly how everything truly felt! We had a great time on this cruise despite all the mishaps! Our nightly entertainment was watching all the haters (or the revolution as the crew called them) argue amongst themselves. This was a great cruise and I never thought I would come to love Uruguay so much!!

SailorJack, may I hire you to come on cruises with me and ghost write my reviews? You've set the bar so high I'm not sure I could ever bear to write another, knowing there will never be another one, at least not one written by anyone else, which will ever be so appropriately GOOD!

Thank you!

About ten years ago, I recall seeing a photo of NCL Dream, [although at that time she may have been called 'Dreamward'], however she had a cargo container on her fore deck. Just one little problem, it was not hers, she had 'stolen' it, when she collided with a freighter while sailing round the British Isles!

Her bow was well crumpled, but I wonder, maybe she, or might it be 'He' enjoys that sort of thing? Just a thought.

john

Was sent here by a friend, and I am so glad I came. I laughed till I was weak. You have a terrific way with words.

This has to be the funniest and best attitudinal review I have ever seen. Thanks for writing it. Cruise and write more, please!?

Hi D and B!

Your review was an absolute kack! Reading it tonight brought back so many good memories....and it's only a few days ago that we disembarked the Dream (Nightmare)! I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to catch up with you both to say goodbye. I was going to write a review myself but there's nothing more that I could add, you have captured the entire Dream experience.

SailorJack...you rock!

I'll get your email from P and let's keep in touch.

Cheers, Jennifer

aka Ging466:D

We are booked for the Carnival Splendor Jan 31 to March 20th 2009( I think those are the dates ) and we will travel Fort Lauderdale down the coast of S america , around the horn and up the West coast of SA to California. I laughed so hard at your review it was awesome. I have printed it off for my DH to read

Thanks for taking the time. You should try to get this published.

The best way to find other posts by a poster:

Find just one of their posts (In Sailorjack's case, his starting post in this thread)

Click on his username above the post.

Click the link to Find All Posts by Sailorjack

I didn't know that. Thanks for that good bit of information.

Hi D and B!

Your review was an absolute kack! Reading it tonight brought back so many good memories....and it's only a few days ago that we disembarked the Dream (Nightmare)! I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to catch up with you both to say goodbye. I was going to write a review myself but there's nothing more that I could add, you have captured the entire Dream experience.

SailorJack...you rock!

I'll get your email from P and let's keep in touch.

Cheers, Jennifer

aka Ging466:D

Good to hear from you! It was so hectic those last hours that we missed our good-byes to several from the gang. I asked SailorJill if we had gotten your e-mail, but we didn't so I'll also try get it from P.

I urge you to go ahead and post your review - besides, you told me you were going to do it, so I have been watching for it. This was such a roller coaster boat ride that your take would be most interesting.

I think I wet myself. What fun I had reading your review. I now know that I must take this South American cruise. Thanks for taking the time to take us along with you on your adventure. Your post will go down in history as one of the most creative.

Thanks again

engineer

Sailorjack...please, please book the Carnival Splendor cruise in January 2009 from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco with all 187 of us so far....!!! it will be 49 days of delight if you are there to rehash each days activities for us.....and you will be able to see some of the sites you missed and others I am sure you would want to see....WOW what a review......thanks for making a cold morning here in the mountains enjoyable.....Carl

OMG!!

First, Im glad you and SailorJill are safe.

Now, What a great attuitude you have! What an adventure! What a sense of humor!

Thanks for a wonderful, insiteful, colorful and humorous review. I enjoyed it so much, I was laughing so hard I was crying.

Sounds like NCL handled things as best as could be expected, open Bar>>> Im all over it!>>> $361 OBC>>>not bad>>> 1/2 refund>>>ok>>>.

Sucks you missed ports, but Thank Goodness some one had that extra fuse with them!

LOL.:p

Happy Sailing!

Had a GREAT time reading your review!!! You not only know WHAT to write, but HOW to write it. You broke those beautiful words in the appropriate sections and PARAGRAPHS!!!! :D

Even with the long review, I had absolutely no trouble reading fluidly from sentence to sentence all packaged in bite sized paragraphs. I was having a love affair with your words. Shhhh...don't tell my DH... :o

Sorry to ramble. Sometimes a brilliant review gets lost in a 50 sentence paragraph. ;) Yours was PERFECT!