The Dream? Or the Nightmare? (or why I may give up cruising?)

SailorJack

(My other postings have been on RCL, but I will not be able to share this adventure with them!)

Oh yes you can. A dose of reality, a dose of humor, good spirits and the fact that a cruise is what you make of it is needed on the RCI board.

If you don't do it I post a link....

:D

Thank-you so much for all your kind words. To say that I am somewhat overwhelmed by the response would be an understatement. I had never before sailed on NCL and I think this is only my second or third posting in this forum. The last was on behalf on SailorJill who wanted to know about hair dryers on the Dream. Not only did we get immediate replies, but Ute Fan even sent a picture of one! (My other postings have been on RCL, but I will not be able to share this adventure with them!)

Believe me, many of us from the RCCL board have been reading your fantastic review. Your good humor in the face of what many people let themselves turn into a nightmare is much appreciated.

:D I want to go with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, what a wonderful writer you are kind sir!:)

The link was posted over on the Celebrity board too.

I would absolutely love to meet you and Jill and

would probably be in line waiting to buy you both

a drink as well ~ a toast to your positive attitude

would be forthcoming:)

Thank you for sharing...Your way with the written

word is ...how can I put it? FANTASTIC:D

Not sure what's going on with the links to the sequence of photos. I had the same problem with "no se encuentra" this morning from that link I posted, but one of the other links (from the NCL board I think) worked the first time, then in turn that was noted by someone who was having the same problem.

Perhaps our multiple requests to the ".uy" domain are getting caught up in the graveyard of the Mar del Plata, in between the Grand Vitara and the Chinese toys.

Let's see what I can do.

Cabo

Try this one - it's a bit spotty at times (traffic?), but it does work....keep trying.

http://www.montevideo.com.uy/galerianot_54118_1.html

Just as Sailor Jack described it.

You can also Google your way to some other sites with close-up photos of the bow damage.

Cabo

I googled but couldn't find any recent pics. I only found this: http://gcaptain.com/maritime/blog/incident-photo-of-the-week-norwegian-dream/

which is an older incident which begs the question if the Dream is cursed.

:confused:

What a great sense of humour you have and how refreshing to see someone making the best of a bad situation - instead of moaning and groaning and looking to cause a scene

An absolutely brilliant trip report with some classic one liners in there.

Thanks for sharing with us

Tammy

I think we can all learn a good lesson from SailorJack. It's fun to read this, but if it actually happened to us, would we respond so beautifully? I guess we just need to hope for the best but prepare ourselves for the worst so if it comes, we will roll with the punches.

Happy sails, Sailors Jack and Jill. You will forever be quoted on CC, I predict.

I might be going out on a limb here, as I'm not a founding member...but....I think Jack and Jill should be inducted into the Sunshine Cruisers Hall of Fame..!!!!

Hi, not only the Sunshine Cruisers....but any cruisers:D

HALL OF FAME!

I would say the THE BEST OF THE BEST REVIEWS HALL OF FAME:)

Everybody..."Hip Hip Horray, Hip Hip Horray, Hip Hip Horray":D

Nice video, wrong ship identified on the video.

Let's make it perfectly clear, it was not the Gem that hit the barge.

Oh but think about all the panic you could cause with people that haven't read the best review out there.;)

YOU ARE WONDERFUL~!!!!! They say laughter is the best medicine....well honey I am taking this article to the nursing home tomorrow. Hopefully if they are having problems with their pacemakers, this will start them up or I can go on e-bay and buy one of those batteries.

here I've been complaining about missing St Thomas and Tropical storm Olga that "THE CAPTAIN NEVER TOLD US ABOUT" We couldn't figure out why no one was telling us anything. Just posting signs stating keep doors closed due to high winds. The TV had a run of writing across the top of the screen from the captains log 18ft waves and high winds. Duh Then the following morning feeling I was part of the new band the headbangers.... I not the captain but the Cruise Director saying that for our safty we would not be going to St Thomas but to Puerto Rico instead. hum...wonder where the captain was and why he wasn't telling us....go figure. Needless to say after so much talk we find out from our late night comedian that he took a plane from St Thomas where he was suppose to come aboard to San Juan. He didn't understand why we didn't dock there since it was pretty and sunny.... The rest of the cruise everyone was sining the song "Don't Rock the boat baby". And all of a sudden the rest of the cruise the captain came on every morning giving us all a Good Morning and a weather report of sunny skys. Oh I came back with Viral menegitis. But your article made me forget all the bad. My husband got Bell's Palsy and he couldn't stand laughing so hard when only one side of his face would move. What was worse it caused his eyes not to tear so when I was laughing at your article with tears rolling down my face he was with red-burning eyes for a visine commercial.

Thank you for bringing laughter into the hearts of many.

Lynda

Memphis TN

Sailor Jack and Sailor Jill

Thank you, thank you so much for your excellent review which was hilarious, well thought out and superbly written. As others have said, you would be such fun to cruise with.

Thanks to the person in the Costa forum who posted the link. We are taking our next Costa cruise in February and if/when things start to go wrong, I will keep your review in mind so that the whole experience can be fun and enjoyable.

Cheers from a cold North East Scotland.

Wow, I'm way behind on this one!! Actually, I thought I replied the very first day... but I can't seem to find my post, so it must have been my imagination.

Anyway... SailorJack, I have to express my gratitude as well! Thank you so much for the wonderful, entertaining, and positive review!! I absolutely agree with everyone who has commended you on your writing style and sense of humour!! As for the positive outlook, has anyone invited you to join the Sunshine Cruisers yet? You're a shoe in!! :)

I might be going out on a limb here, as I'm not a founding member...but....I think Jack and Jill should be inducted into the Sunshine Cruisers Hall of Fame..!!!!

Kathy - I was trying to think of some honor we could give SailorJack, and you hit it right on the head.

Are you listening, SailorJack? Please join us at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=676326 and also on Cathi's accompanying website. We love your attitude!