The Dream? Or the Nightmare? (or why I may give up cruising?)

SailorJack

YOU ARE WONDERFUL~!!!!! They say laughter is the best medicine....well honey I am taking this article to the nursing home tomorrow. Hopefully if they are having problems with their pacemakers, this will start them up or I can go on e-bay and buy one of those batteries.

You might also be sure you have a good supply of Depends on hand.:D I almost needed them myself.

Are you one of the striking network writers that went on a cruise and skipped the picket line. Thanks for the review.:)

If you aren't a network writer, how's about crossing the picket lines to become one??? (NOT trying to annoy any union members anywhere, just being funny!)

That was the funniest thing I have ever read.....can't wait to get home and read it to my mom.....

perhaps you should organize a CC group cruise......then when wacky things happen, we would at least have our own entertainment!

great job, thanks for sharing!:cool:

That review was the best thing I have read in a long time! I almost shorted out my computer when I read this line while taking a sip of my coffee:

( I have to admit, I was looking forward to the Falklands – having signed up for a glass bottom boat ride so I could see the Argentinean Navy.)

Ha ha ha ha ha :)

Eric

It was entertaining no doubt

but.. that's not a review.

That amounts to a very long comment

and in two months time will be lost in the annals of ordinary cruise critics comments, as will this.

I'm hoping he also took the time to write it where he should have,

over on the real reviews section at

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/index.cfm

where all reviews live on for eternity.

Too many people think they're writing reviews within these notes and comments

and they suffice for now,yes..

but only real reviews stand the test of time, lasting years and years

for the whole world to see.

Go over to

and read the many lasting reviews on the ship of your choice

some of them dating back years and years!

Have you written your (real) review) yet?

or was it just another one of these passing comments?

and in two months time will be lost in the annals of ordinary cruise critics comments, as will this.

Go over to

They may not get lost, but what value does a review have more than a few months old, when the ship is now sailing a different itinerary and has a different crew?

Go over to

There's always one in the crowd. :rolleyes:

They may not get lost, but what value does a review have more than a few months old, when the ship is now sailing a different itinerary and has a different crew?

I agree completely but I also wish more people would put their thread-reviews into the member review section. I am guilty of that as well as I have NEVER done it. But I am about to sail on a relatively un-reviewed ship and I wish I could access more info.

SailorJack...you are so good it is hard to believe you are not a professional writer....Can you tell us what kind of profession you are involved in back in Atlanta????

Thanks for your comments (and to everyone else, also). I was a Human Resources Officer for a large company here in Atlanta. When we were purchased by a competitor, I was able to take early retirement.

Now SailorJill and I are taking the time to do the things we could not do when I was on the Corporate Treadmill.

Sailor Jack! You must print out your review and put it away wherever you keep your valuables. Your kids and grandkids and great grandkids (and so on) will love to read about what a cool guy they have in the family tree. It's also so nice to go back and read about the good times.

DH and I always enjoy the crabby people and crazy situations we see on cruises. Gives us something to laugh at and something to do (serpentine patterns on the Lido deck to avoid people, for example).

Thanks again-

I raise my glass to you for making me smile and even laugh out loud a time or time while reading your review. This was a really fantastic review and funny although I'm sure at the time some of these events were not funny.

I also applaud YOU for keeping a cool and calm ahead about the entire cruise including being able to make fun about it and still agreeing the cruise wasn't a total loss. You read so many people that criticize absolutely EVERYTHING from the tiniest of details that at times I just want to tell people to get a grip....lol.

There are many that could learn so much from your take on life!

Thanks for making my day even better!

I was told of this review and had to read it........sailorjack, if you aren't a writer already. you have most certainly missed your true calling. I am glad that you had a good time even though so many things went wrong. I have never laughed so much reading a post. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! You brought a smile to my face today.

Thanks again,

alaswhales

I'm sure I'm going to be laughing at least the rest of the day. I, too, had hesitated to read this thread for fear it would be another rant. Thanks to Ute_Fan for clueing me in.

Jack, you're a scream! THANK YOU!

Why haven't you responded to the numerous questions/comments on your fantastic review??? :confused:
Mary, he did a couple of times (posts 98 and 139). You probably missed them from all the tears streaming down your face!

Thanks for your comments (and to everyone else, also). I was a Human Resources Officer for a large company here in Atlanta. When we were purchased by a competitor, I was able to take early retirement.

Now SailorJill and I are taking the time to do the things we could not do when I was on the Corporate Treadmill.

Having HR in my span of responsibilities in a previous position, I can say that a Human Resources executive that has a sense of humor, an awareness of relative significance and a clear understanding of the Serenity Prayer: Grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change the COURAGE to change the things I can; and the WISDOM to know the difference can make or break the success of any enterprise.

In your case, it made you, Jill's and those with whom you came in contact during your travels much richer for the experience.