Samantha Harris's Ball Gown on Dancing with the Stars

I'm glad she's didn't get voted off. It takes a lot to put yourself out there at 62 years old. Then to crawl and vamp on the floor like that GOOD FOR YOU Pricilla! Not everyone has to be 25.:p

I'm glad she's didn't get voted off. It takes a lot to put yourself out there at 62 years old. Then to crawl and vamp on the floor like that GOOD FOR YOU Pricilla! Not everyone has to be 25.:p

I agree with you totally. I am 64 and I have to really admire her courage and her stamina. I'm not sure I could do it (but I would love to try.)

I happened to be watching SportsCenter this morning and they showed how Monica looked on the show. The SportsCenter guy said "Why does she look so different? If they hadn't told me it was Monica Seles, I never would have thought it was her. I thought she looked more like Celine Dionne. Did she have something done to her face? I don't remember her looking anything like this when she played tennis." So I'm not the only one who thought she looked different.

I thought Penn would be one of the early exits, but my pick for being thrown off was that Adam Corolla. I think he comes off as a pure and simple a$$. I don't care for his wise alec remarks. I know he's supposed to be a comedian, but he's just not funny. Even though she looks scary, I give Ms Presley a lot of credit. It's not easy to do all that dancing at 62, so she's got some guts. I also like the football player. He's just too cute.

I happened to be watching SportsCenter this morning and they showed how Monica looked on the show. The SportsCenter guy said "Why does she look so different? If they hadn't told me it was Monica Seles, I never would have thought it was her. I thought she looked more like Celine Dionne. Did she have something done to her face? I don't remember her looking anything like this when she played tennis." So I'm not the only one who thought she looked different.

I thought Penn would be one of the early exits, but my pick for being thrown off was that Adam Corolla. I think he comes off as a pure and simple a$$. I don't care for his wise alec remarks. I know he's supposed to be a comedian, but he's just not funny. Even though she looks scary, I give Ms Presley a lot of credit. It's not easy to do all that dancing at 62, so she's got some guts. I also like the football player. He's just too cute.

The football player is adorable;)

I told my husband I thought Monica looked like a "Poor Man's Celine Dionne":eek:

The football player is adorable;)

I told my husband I thought Monica looked like a "Poor Man's Celine Dionne":eek:

You are referring to the Miami Dolphins' super star Jason Taylor. Doesn't he look terrifc in his dancing outfits! Let me tell you, he took a LOT of heat from his fellow players for accepting this gig. It was so bad, he almost backed out. I'm so glad he didn't. He can show the world that one can be a big, strapping he-man and still dance.

Office Depot is giving $1000 to Taylor's children's charity for every week he stays on. If he should win, his charity will get an even bigger bonus from Office Depot, a very nice gesture.

You are referring to the Miami Dolphins' super star Jason Taylor. Doesn't he look terrifc in his dancing outfits! Let me tell you, he took a LOT of heat from his fellow players for accepting this gig. It was so bad, he almost backed out. I'm so glad he didn't. He can show the world that one can be a big, strapping he-man and still dance.

Office Depot is giving $1000 to Taylor's children's charity for every week he stays on. If he should win, his charity will get an even bigger bonus from Office Depot, a very nice gesture.

I think Jason Taylor is sooo gorgeous. I think Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice made it OK for football players to dance. I cheered for both of them just as I'll cheer for Jason. What a hunk. And some pretty good moves.

That is so wonderful of Office Depot. Very generous of them.

Wasn't Monica Seles the one who was stabbed in the back by that "Crazy" in Germany? What a horrible thing for a young girl to go through. I was kind of sad to see her go (though not unexpected) especially after she said she never experienced anything like that or had ever gotten in touch with her inner "Girly Side"....what a shame. I thought she did OK forsomeone over 6ft tall,your center of gravity is so much higher that it's harder to do those dances.

Yes, Monica is the one who got stabbed.

After reading these postings I am glad I am not the only one

who thought "boy does she look different":eek:

Hunk doesn't even begin to describe that Jason Taylor! What a smile and sense of humor about himself....A very attractive package if I must say. Lot's of men could take a lesson there,nothing is sexier than confidence;)

It will get boring though if Kristy Yamaguchi is perfect every week,she dances wonderful but I think I detected a little bit of false modesty there. I love the chubby girl,I saw her on broadway in "Hairspray" and she blew us away!....She was still in high school at the time. If she would just "Calm Down" a tad. I like the black guy who is the singer too, I can't remember his name but he dances pretty well.:D

Hunk doesn't even begin to describe that Jason Taylor! What a smile and sense of humor about himself....A very attractive package if I must say. Lot's of men could take a lesson there,nothing is sexier than confidence;)

It will get boring though if Kristy Yamaguchi is perfect every week,she dances wonderful but I think I detected a little bit of false modesty there. I love the chubby girl,I saw her on broadway in "Hairspray" and she blew us away!....She was still in high school at the time. If she would just "Calm Down" a tad. I like the black guy who is the singer too, I can't remember his name but he dances pretty well.:D

That sexy guy is Mario:D and I think he is hot;)

and yes Jason Taylor is sexy as well.

I also agree with you about the Broadway gal..can't remember

her name. She needs to take a DEEP BREATH......

I love the chubby girl,I saw her on broadway in "Hairspray" and she blew us away!....She was still in high school at the time. If she would just "Calm Down" a tad. I like the black guy who is the singer too, I can't remember his name but he dances pretty well.:D

Not meaning to burst anyone's bubble, but Marissa Jaret Winokur was born on Feb. 2, 1973. Hairspray transferred to Broadway on Aug. 15, 2002, making Ms. Winokur 29 when it opened. Extremely talented, yes. Played a high school girl, yes. But hopefully long out of high school. Happy Days are here again.

:D

Not meaning to burst anyone's bubble, but Marissa Jaret Winokur was born on Feb. 2, 1973. Hairspray transferred to Broadway on Aug. 15, 2002, making Ms. Winokur 29 when it opened. Extremely talented, yes. Played a high school girl, yes. But hopefully long out of high school. Happy Days are here again.

Gosh, I could have sworn I read an article about her in people mag at the time saying she was still in high school....I must be losing my mind. She still makes me a little crazy though,too frenetic,but likeable. She was FABULOUS though as was Harvey.:D

Jason is still hot though....about that, I am correct!

Kristi Y looks like she will be the one to beat! Does anyone else think her experience as a pro skater gives her an edge?

Yes, that's kind of what I meant by the false modesty...of "Oh I don't think I can do this,skating is so different". Training to music is training to music.:cool:

Yes, that's kind of what I meant by the false modesty...of "Oh I don't think I can do this,skating is so different". Training to music is training to music.:cool:

I will take the flip-side..just for arguments sake;)

She trained alone, never with a partner. Not saying she is

going to win or not....but as we all know, with

"REALITY TV" nothing is ever certain.

Look what happened last year with the Cheetah Girl....that is

why (in my little opinion) reality tv is staged..somehow, someway,

there is a method behind the madness.

The only TRUE reality tv is sports....when a game is played

you really do not know who is going to win.

Oops sorry to have gotten off topic...but I doubt Kristy is

going to win....then again I could be way wrong;)

You are right about that. It just doesn't seem like some of the contestants are real "amateurs" this season (well, most of them - i.e. Penn and Adam). Mario is as cute as can be, but he's a hip-hop star. Even though he says it's different from ballroom dancing, he still has dance experience.

Yamaguchi has some advantages and some disadavantages. The very real fact that she skated to music and had to have developed a keen sense of timing, plus balance, speed, grace, stamina and discipline to learn routines will be of great benefit to her.

On a less serious note, she is very well accustomed to wearing gorgeous outfits and makeup for her routines. In contrast, Monica Seles wore tennis outfits and tennis shoes with little extreme makeup. It must have been a bigger change for her to get in heels, even though hers were low and for her to wear competitive sport dancing attire.

The hard part for Yamaguchi as she has said is that she skated flat footed for the most part. Now she is in heels and having to do heel and toe configurations that are totally unfamiliar to her. Plus skates on ice gave her a momentum that now she must provide for herself with her own feet.

All that said, I'd give her high odds of winning, but in this show often it is the crowd pleaser with many previous fans who wins...such as Jason Taylor or Mario????

Heavysurf, I agree with you....she might have some advantages

but with this show that really doesn't matter. Voting, Producers,

whatever....is all involved.

And those of us who enjoy it will keep watching;)

hummm... Well lets see.

At first I was surprised that Monica did not take to ballroom. Balance and body coordination are so necessary and I thought she would have an edge. There is incredible body flight and a controlled power that is put out by each partner in ballroom, another reason I though she would be great. But in the end even though ballroom dance is quite technical it is above all else a performance and you have to sell that to the audience. The audience could give a hoot how hard a spin was.... You have to look graceful while you drive this power,(grunting under your breath, with a smile) make it fun and dreamy for the audience, draw them into you...she couldnt do it. I understand, for me it was much harder to master the artistic part and sell to the audience than learning the technique. You have to let go of your self conscience, just expose yourself and not all can do that. The gowns was just the tip of the iceberg for her.

Kristy has the edge right now. She has the advantage of knowing how to hear music and dance in time, years of ballet training and learning a chorographed routine, body conditioning and I am sure can pick up difficult technique easy. But in time others will also improve in technique and then she will no longer be the front runner, her edge gone... Have we not seen that in past seasons?

Ballroom is danced on a bend knee, with the stretch in your ankles through to the balls of your feet. We dance on a bent knee so we can drive the steps and get that flight down the floor, and develop into a slow stretch with continous movement. This is not true with figure skating, where they are on a flat foot and a straight leg..... The two "sports" in this respect are very very different and I buy her flat foot comments. Again as she progresses it could be hard for her to break this habit, while the others have no habits to break. She looks great now in comparrison to others, but my guess is that in time this will change.

I guess I have gone on long enough.... you should not of asked!

Archived