Solstice Class brochures out

Commodore Suzy

I got a box of beautiful Solstice class brochures to my agency yesterday.

If you're interested in getting one, call Celebrity or your travel agent. They're worth looking at.

They list the late 08 Solstice Caribbean and 2009 Solstice and Equinox Europe sailings as well as giving lots of detail on the ship class.

Thanks for the tip, called Celebrity last night, first was told they did not have anyone brochures. I was persistent indicating I had just read that someone had received the brochure, finally they found the info and promised to send. We are booked on the Equinox in 2009, looking forward to see the brochure.

are they available in PDF form? I'd be happy to just download them.

I've never been on a Celebrity cruise before, but I've always like the look of the ships and the overall design and feel of the interiors based on the photos I have seen of them. The Solstice looks to continue this and take it to the next level.

Do you have full and complete deck plans for the Solstice?

The one I have has only the passenger decks.....Lido, Entertainment, etc. are blank with the notation "more to come."

Yes, full and complete deck plans are published. They are in the brochure and also on the website.

See here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000jZ0dTqpGl1OGPsb48Ywz-5u:12hdebdrn?shipCode=SL

Ernie

I clicked the link and got the deck plans for ALL of the decks. Quite intriguing - very different from most current layouts...should be fun getting lost while touring the ship. Look forward to detailed reports from inaugural cruisers!

Is it a small brochure, just about the Solstice, or a large magazine type?

It's a beautifully-done 42 page brochure, same size as brochures usually are. Just about Solstice-class. Talks all about the new features, the restaurants, etc. in detail, has itineraries, and then has deckplans at the back.

I agree with the save a tree thing, but ASK YOUR TRAVEL AGENT for one if you want to see it. Obviously, this was sent to all agents and you guys are not getting far trying to find the actual brochure online. They must have given TAs first look and then they'll have it for general distribution later or something.? Who knows?

If all you wanted was the deckplan, the the weblink is great! I didn't know it hasn't been on the site! I just presumed it was.

Suzy - Is there anything in the brochure about the Solstice Class ships having a Thalassotherapy Pool? There's nothing on the site or on deck plans about one, and the Solarium lists a 'lap pool'. But, someone said they were told by Celebrity on the phone that Solstice has a T-Pool. Thanks!

Unfortunately, there is no T Pool :( It's been replaced with a lap pool in the solarium. Sad change and a real loss to us. I'm guessing it may be a maintenance issue but who knows. Also, when we were on the Millennium, the T pool was underutilized (which we loved) and, therefore, the powers that be might have decided it wasn't a popular area.

Actually, I'm kinda PO'd. Sure, I booked the Solstice the first day it came on line, so does that mean that they have my business and have chosen NOT to send me one of these fancy brochures? Don't get me wrong, I love =X=, they are my favorite line. But maybe someone in their marketing department needs a little reminder to take care of bizness. Maybe they're spending too much $$ on all of the banner ads I see and not enough on the basics - sending loyal customers the neat stuff!

I am so stoked about the Solstice (obviously) that I think they should have sent me one. Boo hoo....

My guess is that brochures from all cruise lines go to the TAs first. Also notice that this ia a brochure for the Solstice CLASS, not ship! The web site for the CLASS has been available for a while at http://www.cruisecelebritysolstice.com/

My excitement for Solstice has been tempered slightly after finding out it won't have a T-pool.

countdown.pl?name=denb&date=4-13-2008&image=Beach-2&text=Birthday Cruise&ship=Celebrity Millennium

countdown.pl?name=denb&date=12-13-2008&image=Beach-10&text=Spa Suite!&ship=Carnival Splendor

countdown.pl?name=denb&date=3-29-2009&image=Beach-8&text=Birthday with a zero on the end!&ship=Celebrity Solstice

I am hoping part of this lap pool is for those of us who want to be in the adults only solarium & in a pool , but are not serious lap swimmers..serious lap swimmers guard their lap lanes & swim for long periods--I just like to float & bob & swim around... I stopped going to the open swim at our local Y because the lap swimmers were a majority & there was no place for the less serious swimmers like me... also hope the acoustics are softer than most large indoor pools--even on M class the solariuim gets loud when it is full! It looks like such a nice area on paper so hope it is also nice in person....not sure of its dimensions!

DH just called Capt Club-- said it was a bit complicated....Cap Club transferred him to a brochure dept & when they learned he was not a TA they transferred him elsewhere--but they did say they'd send out the brochure.. Extra points for DH & all his efforts!

DH just called Capt Club-- said it was a bit complicated....Cap Club transferred him to a brochure dept & when they learned he was not a TA they transferred him elsewhere--but they did say they'd send out the brochure.. Extra points for DH & all his efforts!

Great! I'm glad to hear that through some hard work an actual consumer could get their hands on one. They will probably have them for general distribution eventually, but just did the TAs first.

If others want to try hard, I just realized it might help (duh) to give you the code on the back. It's brochure #CE0020407. Of couse I don't know if those are number zero (I think) or letter O, but maybe someone else will figure it out from that.

Cheers!

My guess is that brochures from all cruise lines go to the TAs first. Also notice that this ia a brochure for the Solstice CLASS, not ship! The web site for the CLASS has been available for a while at http://www.cruisecelebritysolstice.com/

My excitement for Solstice has been tempered slightly after finding out it won't have a T-pool.

[/url]

Correct me if I am wrong as I am not looking at the brochure this moment, but I thought it said on the ship layout page, it is specifically for the Solstice.:confused:

Went to a TA on my lunch break. They didn't have it. Great. It's bad enough that I have to jones about getting on this beauty, being teased by all of the wonderful illustrations that are online, but now that there is a book available, and they didn't send me one? and I can't find one? Oh the pain...

My TA sent me one last week. it arrived friday. he told me he got them on Tuesday. So they are new...

also in fine print it says the ship leaves St M's at 6 pm on Cmas and the week i am on Jan 4th. \

I called Celebrity and the person I spoke to knew nothing. I am hoping the book is wrong..

Archived