What food do you MISS on a cruise?

cruisinbuddy

they have their version of a chocolate lava cake. Helps ease the burden...

Got home Sunday from the Valor... had to dig out my Carnival cookbook from years ago to make up a batch of CD... Had been so fixated on enjoying the CD on this cruise... had to make some right away upon return.

Can you post the recipe?

How about some kangaroo stew? Also I will miss my daily vegemite and cheese sanga.

I went to Australia some years ago, my aussie mom's father daily breakfast was a toast with a huge amount of vegemite, some sliced garlic and horseradish :eek:. I brought back to México the smallest vegemite and after 10 years is still with me :D

I miss authentic ethnic foods (anything from Cambodian to Polish), and more than anything -good micro brews. I also like spicier food. It gets old jazzing things up with tabasco. One thing I like about holland America (or at least the last time i was sailed) is they have sambal and/or Sriracha hot sauce. Must be the Indonesian influence.

as far as the ice tea dilemma, I use tea bags to brew some strong tea, and then ice it down.

• 4 weeks later...

I miss iced tea, but I want Turkey Hill Regular or Diet Green Tea Mango . Hard to find outside PA, so i don't expect the ship to have it. Before all the Homeland Security business, i used to travel with two gallons in my carry on as a gift for whomever I was visiting. When you leave central PA you never lose your love for Turkey Hill tea and shoe fly pies. So now I just drink an extra large tea on the way to the airport and know that the tea will be waiting when i get home.

• 2 weeks later...
Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi for me. I'm trying to wean myself from it before the trip!!

I also miss my Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi when cruising. If they don't have my Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi when I go out for dinner, I settle for regular Pepsi. When cruising, the cruise ships all seem to have Coke products. I like the idea of picking some up while in port. I have found Pringles on a cruise ship in one of the shops where they sell incidentals like toothpaste, etc.

Iced tea is available 24/7 on Carnival.

I don't care for their ice tea either. I pack a box of Lipton Cold Brew...it's not as good as hot brewed but its better than the machine tea, no detergent taste!

I miss snacky foods...I make a big batch of tobasco chex mix for the trip and store it in gallon size plastic zipper bags. That's kind of my cruise ritual too, I like it for the flights and airport layovers. I also miss "real hot cocoa" that is made with milk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived