What food do you MISS on a cruise?

cruisinbuddy

This is easy. VEGEMITE!

I was amazed when sailing on Rhapsody of the Sea and the weather very rough and feeling a little queasy I asked the purser if they had any vegemite?

Sure enough 10 minutes later he arrived with half a plate of vegemite!

I felt better within minutes. Vegemite on toast Yum!

Jancy

I only miss one thing--really good STRONG coffee for breakfast to wake me up!! All of the coffee I have had on three different cruise lines has been quite weak and insipid----but it is a minor complaint because I have always had a wonderful time just the same:D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have been on many cruises they all have plenty of food to choose from/

there is penty of variety

vegetarian

Kosher

sushi

deli

sandwiches

burgers dogs chicken

salad bars

if you think you are going to miss chips pretzels etc bring it along

i have seem pretzels nuts and chips on cruises

Soy milk! Some lines have it for coffee (at the coffee bar) but I never see it near cereal or anywhere else. :rolleyes:

I've heard some complaints over the years about where the cruise lines get their soymilk from. In my experience, European soy milk is different from American soymilk - it tastes different, it looks a little different and it seems less refined and processes (which I sort of like). Any experiences to offer from anyone else?

Having lived in south Louisiana all my life, I miss everything I usually eat. The shipboard food is ok but it doesnt come close to ordinary cajun food. The snapper on Carnival would be excellent if they used more seasonings but I do carry my own vial of Tony Cachieres seasoning. :)

Take the shrimp for example, Carnival (and I am sure others do to) uses Tiger shrimp. Tigers are freshwater shrimp raised on a farm. They originally come from China. Most pets stores sell them as pets are they are easy to raise.

Our cruises have been from either New Orleans or Galveston. The first thing we do on our return is to go find some fresh gulf shrimp, hand battered and fried at a local eatery. In New Orleans, we go to Crazy Lobster at the Riverwalk.

Sweet tea

Good brewed sweet tea. The tea on the ship tastes like powdered. I don't drink coffee or sodas and other than the beautiful DOD's, this is all I have. I ask the room service for 2 pots of hot tea. double the bags i put in them. Ask the cabin steward for ice and hit it with splenda. It will at least get me up in the morning. Not like the gorgeous sunrises don't. My dh wakes at 4 to 5am and hits the coffee and calzones and walks around the decks.:D

• 3 weeks later...

While I'm cruising I don't miss a thing, because I love to try new things, and on a ship everything is new. But I didn't realize how much I really do miss somethings until I get back to land, get a whiff of whatever, and realize I haven't had it for a while. My doc is so strict about what I can eat:(, that most things that I will miss I haven't been able to eat in years...like a big mac. arghhhhh!

• 2 months later...

Archived