How many days have you cruised with Celebrity/Azamara?

BrendaJ

How many days have you cruised with Celebrity/Azamara?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. How many days have you cruised with Celebrity/Azamara?

• 1-6
    • 7-10
    • 11-14
    • 15-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 71-80
    • 81-90
    • 91-100
    • >100

If there are any changes to the tiers in Captain's Club membership will they be based on cruise credits (as they are now) or number of days sailed? For me, the 91 nights I've sailed on Celebrity come out to 18 cruise credits amassed on 9 actual cruises.

I would be in favor of the change to counting days cruised instead of number of cruises. We always do long cruises, so we have 46 days on Celebrity but only 4 cruises. We live nowhere near Florida, or any port city, so we are restricted by the cost and time of flying to a port. Counting the number of cruises favors people who live in Florida, or other states with ports, and who frequently take those 3 and 4 day cruises. How fair is it that someone who takes 4 three day cruises gets 4 times the number of CC credits than when I take a 12 day cruise?

In conjunction with possible changes to the Captain's Club, on which level of status may be based on number of days sailed, how many days have you cruised with Celebrity/Azamara?

Where did you read about a potential change? We are for the change to days sailed because we do long cruises.

I don't care either way how they count cruise credits. To be honest with you, for profiteering purposes, I'm sure they'll do something that will make us careful what we wish for...

In any case, I've sailed 50 days. I have 29 more days planned by the end of 2009.

Where did you read about a potential change? We are for the change to days sailed because we do long cruises.

I just completed a Celebrity survey, and one of the things they asked about, as they revamp their Captain's Club, is whether points awarded should be based on number of days, or number of cruises. I voted for number of days, since we tend to go on longer cruises.

I hope if there are any changes there will grandfathering--we finally hit the top level & would not want to lose ground!

They have enough trouble calculating levels based on the per cruise theory..I always thought it should be on total dollars spent....including excursions through the cruiseline, jewelry purchases etc,,,

And as a practical matter, the perks can't compare to Royal carib--where we were made Diamond because we are Elite...

Wow, I didn't realize how many sailing days we had until I sat and counted:

7 Days on Mercury W Caribbean 1996 Family Thanksgiving.

11 Days on Summit S Caribbean 2002

7 Days on Millinium E Caribbean 2002 - Daugher's Wedding Cruise. She loved the family Thanksgiving cruise and wanted this on the ship!

14 Days on Constillation TransAtlantic 2005.

7 Days on Mercury W Coast 2006

10 Days on Mercury Wine W Coast 2007

For 56 days.

Add 14 Days on Infinity S American Jan 2009!

We love Celebrity. Been on Carnival, Royal Carribean, Cruise West and Princess. No cruise is bad, but Celebrity (For us) has the overall best aminities/crew mix.

Denny & Karen

Let's see -- 119 days, with 18 more coming up. I think they should give me a "soap on a rope" model of the Solstice.:rolleyes:

Do you think a "crack" habit would be cheaper? My other hobby is golf -- do you think I need therapy? :)

Enjoy!

Kel

We have 29 days cruises with 14 more nights on Solstice at Christmas and 14 more nights on Equinox in September 2009.

I have liked the fact that you get double credit on cruises for sailing in a CC stateroom and/or 14 night cruises. So for those that sail long cruises you already are getting extra credit for your longer cruises. If you sail in a CC stateroom for at least 14 nights you get credit for 3 cruises, under the current guidelines.

Hi Everyone !

To BrendaJ: That is an excellent question. I never gave it any thought until I saw your thread.

I have not done as great of a job at keeping track of my total days as most of you have. If I took a guess.... I believe I am somewhere around 350-400 days. It may be higher.

It will be interesting to see what changes (if any) Celebrity makes to Captains Club. At the very least, I hope they add some new perks, and at least 1 new level above Elite.

I hope if there are any changes there will grandfathering--we finally hit the top level & would not want to lose ground!

They have enough trouble calculating levels based on the per cruise theory..I always thought it should be on total dollars spent....including excursions through the cruiseline, jewelry purchases etc,,,

And as a practical matter, the perks can't compare to Royal carib--where we were made Diamond because we are Elite...

So have you thought about who gets screwed with your dollar idea? After 87 days between Celebrity and Azamara we have yet to be able to book an excursion. I use a wheelchair fulltime and the DH and I have to book private excursions. We do spend a lot on good wines, specialty restaurants and transfers. Buy the truly expensive jewelry onboard? Read your cruise docs. You need to insure jewelry through the ship at 5% of value. My stuff is on a rider to our homeowners but you can't add that at sea.

How about adding points for booking a year or more in advance? ;-)

I have liked the fact that you get double credit on cruises for sailing in a CC stateroom and/or 14 night cruises. So for those that sail long cruises you already are getting extra credit for your longer cruises. If you sail in a CC stateroom for at least 14 nights you get credit for 3 cruises, under the current guidelines.

Hi forensic. Actually, you get an extra credit for itineraries of 12 nights or more, not 14.

But let's make a comparison :

4 x 5 nights in CC or suite = 4 + 4 = 8 cruise credits on 20 nights.

2 x 10 nights in CC or suite = 2 + 2 = 4 cruise credits on 20 nights.

2 x 12 nights in CC or suite = 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 cruise credits on 24 nights.

The second gets only half of the credits of the first, although it's the same number of sailing days in the same category. Even the third gets less credits than the first, despite the fact that it has 4 sailing days more.

IMO, a status based on the number of sailing days and category would be the most fair solution.

Archived