I read a lot about Diamond Members What about the little Gold Members

Sorry to sound so stupid but,

This will be my second cruise on RCI Mariner and what they call a Gold Member low on the pole from all you Diamond & Diamond + members.

Are there any perks like lounge on board or a book with coupons for people that's not reached the higher level from a lot of cruises with RCI yet.

If so what type of coupons are in the book.

Thanks so much for you time and trouble

Marcy

I am a gold member also (but only for 1 more cruise... then I leave you behind and move to Platinum:p ;)) There is a gold book but I can't remember what the coupons are. You will also get some type of "welcome back" gift. Sorry, but no access to the concierge lounge. There is a complete list of gold benefits on the RCCL web site in the C&A section.

You will get a coupon book with some "savings"--Johnny Rockets, buy one, get one free drink, photos, spa, internet, etc... and some sort of gift in your cabin. Plus, the "Welcome Back" party, (on 7 night or longer cruises) where drinks are "gratis"! That's always nice!

Enjoy your 2nd cruise! You are totally hooked, aren't you?!

This will be my second cruise on RCI Mariner and what they call a Gold Member low on the pole from all you Diamond & Diamond + members.

Are there any perks like lounge on board or a book with coupons for people that's not reached the higher level from a lot of cruises with RCI yet.

Marcy

Marcy,

You get a coupon booklet, 5 minutes of free internet, a free meal at Johnny Rocket's, discount on wine, buy one get one free soda/water, discount on photo and some other discounts. As a Gold you also are invited to the welcome back party and get a gift, tote bag, baseball cap, etc.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you all so much!!!;)

Not bad at all for 2nd with RCI. I hope that the internet is not to slow and I can at least get my flight back home boarding pass printed.

Thanks and I've counting the days down.

Marcy

Marcy

Don't you feel bad! Everyone starts as a Gold member, but sometimes they forget...:) I was a gold member for 3 years, so I understand.;) You will be invited to a 'Welcome Back" party on 7+ day cruises, get a gift, and a coupon book. Enjoy!:D

Does anyone know what type of coupons are in the Kids C&A Coupon Booklet? Thanks!:D

We got them on the Serenade Alaska cruise last year, but to be honest, we used none of them. I know there was a JR coupon in there, but the Serenade does not have a JR. There were tatoo coupons, but they weren't into that, either.

Marcy

I wouldn't worry too much about those diamond and diamond plus folks.. It isn't very difficult to get to that status with the way that C & A is set up. You can get to diamond status in no time if you get the right rooms, even on short voyages. There are some platinum members who probably have more sea time than some diamond members.

Not bad at all for 2nd with RCI. I hope that the internet is not to slow and I can at least get my flight back home boarding pass printed.

[

Unfortunately, the internet is very slow and many times there is a line at the internet cafe. I'm assuming that we still have to take our C and A internet coupons to the purser's desk to credit our sea pass accounts.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise!!!

[

Unfortunately, the internet is very slow and many times there is a line at the internet cafe. I'm assuming that we still have to take our C and A internet coupons to the purser's desk to credit our sea pass accounts.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise!!!

Yes, you do, and they told me to wait 5-10 minutes before I logged on.

I hope that the internet is not to slow and I can at least get my flight back home boarding pass printed.

Thanks and I've counting the days down.

Marcy

Marcy, Unfortunately, the internet connection is very slow and as others noted you have to take the coupon to the desk to have it credited but I used my 5 minutes to check e-mail and my bank balance, so it can be done.:) I'm not sure about printing your boarding pass, I don't recall seeing printers in the internet cafe but they could be there or elsewhere. If someone knows where they are I would love to know, too!

I wouldn't worry too much about those diamond and diamond plus folks.. It isn't very difficult to get to that status with the way that C & A is set up. You can get to diamond status in no time if you get the right rooms, even on short voyages. There are some platinum members who probably have more sea time than some diamond members.

Absolutely true! You get 2 cruise credits when booking a junior suite or above or for a cruise 12-nights and longer. After my 11/30 cruise (my third on RCI) I'll be platinum--early boarding and better coupons, whoo hoo!

Gold members are only allowed on the ship in case the engines break. They can row.:p

LMAO, I've relied on having to row to keep those extra cruise pounds in check! Unfortunately it hasn't worked:confused: , I may have to resort to fewer cookies!

Marcy, Unfortunately, the internet connection is very slow and as others noted you have to take the coupon to the desk to have it credited but I used my 5 minutes to check e-mail and my bank balance, so it can be done.:) I'm not sure about printing your boarding pass, I don't recall seeing printers in the internet cafe but they could be there or elsewhere. If someone knows where they are I would love to know, too!

Yes, there is a printer in the Internet Café. It *may* take longer than five minutes to log on, connect, go to your airline's website, bring up your boarding pass, and hit print, but at least the first five minutes will be free! :)

I'm interested in this thread too as also a Gold member - great link to the coupon pictures by the way :D Are the coupons in your cabin on arrival or should they be sent with the travel docs?

I'm interested in this thread too as also a Gold member - great link to the coupon pictures by the way :D Are the coupons in your cabin on arrival or should they be sent with the travel docs?

They should be in your cabin when you arrive, but if the booklet isn't there, just ask your cabin steward.

:)

Marcy

There isn't much for Gold members but I remember back when we were gold members I asked a RCL employee what did the gold membership get us and she said "thanks for coming back with us". I said that's it? and she said basically yes.

So, for my first RCI cruise on 6/22/08 I'm no color (invisible perhaps)?? And I don't receive a boat, I just have to swim the entire cruise?????

Great, I can eat all the fish I want :)

Does anyone have unused coupons they'd like to donate to me?

seankaren@bellsouth.net

Karen in Kentucky

Hi Marcyjane! :)

Don't ever think you're "low on the pole". That darn pole is so slippery it took me a long time to get to diamond because I don't book suites.

Our married children & grandchildren are still gold, but they have experienced more time at sea than some diamonds have.

Enjoy your second cruise and please post a review when you get home! :)

I don't receive a boat, I just have to swim the entire cruise?????

Great, I can eat all the fish I want :)

LOL !!! That's FUNNY! :D

Does anyone have unused coupons they'd like to donate to me?

We usually leave ours in the long narrow side mirrors over the vanity/desk or under the rubber mat in the safe. I know that sometimes the stewards remove them, but it's worth a search to see if others have left theirs hidden in the cabin as well. :)

Marcy,

You get a coupon booklet, 5 minutes of free internet, a free meal at Johnny Rocket's, discount on wine, buy one get one free soda/water, discount on photo and some other discounts. As a Gold you also are invited to the welcome back party and get a gift, tote bag, baseball cap, etc.

Have a great cruise!

correction on that, you get 5 dollars of internet free, they charge 55 cents a minute. Believe thats about 9 minutes of use. Use the internet very early in the morning or late at night, internet is sooooo much faster!

Archived