Posting at 3 AM

snc421

Does this board do some kind of updating or maintenance at 3 AM? :confused:

Each of the last few nights as I have been working on my review, I have came into BIG frustrations as I am unable to post at times... usually between 2:45 and 4:00 AM. I cannot move around this site during this time. I move away from this site, like check my MySpace or email, and have no problem whatsoever, so I know it's not my connections or computer. But then I click to return to this site, and I cannot. :mad:

So I am sorry my review is taking a while; the bulk of my internet time is at this time! :(

While I cannot hide my frustration, and am obviously venting right now, I do understand this is probably the best time of the day to do the maintenance or whatever, as this is probably the least-visited times of the day. I am just curious.

Does this board do some kind of updating or maintenance at 3 AM? :confused:

Each of the last few nights as I have been working on my review, I have came into BIG frustrations as I am unable to post at times... usually between 2:45 and 4:00 AM. I cannot move around this site during this time. I move away from this site, like check my MySpace or email, and have no problem whatsoever, so I know it's not my connections or computer. But then I click to return to this site, and I cannot. :mad:

So I am sorry my review is taking a while; the bulk of my internet time is at this time! :(

While I cannot hide my frustration, and am obviously venting right now, I do understand this is probably the best time of the day to do the maintenance or whatever, as this is probably the least-visited times of the day. I am just curious.

I too, do most of my posting very early am! I also get frustrated by the slowness of moving around the board!! I ALSO check other sites, mail etc, and have no problem with them!! However I often find the board VERY slow!!! I, too, am JUST curious...I do wait on the boards to load whatever, b/c I am addicted to this site!!

PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM!!!:)

Yes you are correct. It starts around 3:00am CST. I run into the same problem all the time as I am a late nighter. It is a perfect time to do scheduled maintence but a bad time for us late nighters.

I usually hit a very slow time right around now till around 5:55 a.m. While I am not a late nighter, I am an early riser. I find I get "stuck" when posting between those times. I usually minimize the page, go check my other bookmarks, and hop back and forth till the page re-loads. I just don't want to double click the post, and get the "dreaded double/triple post!"

My CAT is an early riser, therefore I am. She meows until I get up.

Have you tried writing your review in your word processing program and then copy and paste into the review. I know how frustrating it is to take time making a post and them have it disappear.

.....Each of the last few nights as I have been working on my review, I have came into BIG frustrations as I am unable to post at times... usually between 2:45 and 4:00 AM.....

.....my advice would be to write the review up in Word or any other text editor, save it and cut and paste it into the forum text box.

Write once, cut and paste many times.

:D

.....my advice would be to write the review up in Word or any other text editor, save it and cut and paste it into the forum text box.

Thanks what I do.:D :cool:

HAHA! Im glad im not the only one. I work overnights, not a very busy job, i normally end up sitting on CC all night. I guess i have just learned to deal with it. Ive noticed its always right at 4am that i am unable to get into any threads, thats when i turn to the reviews section, that part works fine then. Normally within an hour or so everything is back up. Happy Cruising!

I too get up around 5:30 am during the week because I have to leave by 7 to go to work and I like to drink my coffee and check my email and boards. I have found major problems posting at that time. It's very, very slow and I've learned to "copy" before I hit submit reply because I've lost more than one post. But, they do have to do maintenance sometime and I'm sure the least members are on at 3 am so that's a good time to do it. Could you imagine if they decided to do it at 3 pm? It has to be sometime. A lot of websites post the times they are down so people dont' get frustrated or they completely take them offline for short periods so no one can even read them so you can't please everyone.

Yep, y'all are correct. That's the time frame that the servers are taken off line for maintenance. Not all of 'em, mind you, but taken down in stages. The fewer servers on line the more restrictive the access.

It's a necessary evil. We've seen the results of the databases getting out of hand and it's not pretty! Ten minutes to have a post show and then it might be posted three, four or five times!

It's something we have to endure to keep everything running...

That is good to know, but I'm not the brightest computer user. I don't know if I have any programs like that on my computer.

I should have rephrased my OP.... it's not just that I cannot post, I cannot even open the boards to post!!!!

Thanks Mach for confirming what I suspected. Like I said in my OP I do understand that it is a necessary evil. All for the good of our forum!

I'm glad I'm not the only one awake all night, and not the only one who noticed this!

Archived