Promenade Room on RCCL-Good, Bad, Not Worth it?

MsDolly

In order to save a bit of money on by next back to back cruise I'm considering booking one leg in a Promenade cabin, I'm going to have to change rooms anyways and we've never had this category of room. I'm sure there are a few souls out there with an opinion to the pro or cons of such a cabin. I'd love to hear before I make this commitment!:confused: :rolleyes: :)

Thanks,

bel

If an inside cabin isn't for you, but you don't want to pay for a window or balony, then this is a good option! On most ships, the pr rooms are a bit smaller than the insides, but the window gives an illusion of more space. What are you booking for the other leg of the trip? I would book the best room on the last leg--no sense in "moving down"!

Last October we were on FReedom of the Seas and had bal. it was so nice but come to find out we did not used much as we spent alot of time at night on the deck upper and walked around. So this time we are going Mariner of the Seas next year in August Mexican Rivera. We thought lets try PR room. and it never huts to try it out. But it does save money but we also booked the middle of the ship so we can have some good view. 8th floor 8391. I hope this helps....:)

Thanks for the input, we will have a balcony cabin for our other leg, it would be nice to have them for both but this was a bit of a last minute decision and with the balcony room for both legs it would cut back on our fun money!

I didn't realize though that the Promenade rooms would be smaller then a regular inside room?

Bel

p.s. hi Cass hope all is well with you

The PR room is small. I certainly wouldn't put any more than 2 in a room. But they are in a class by themselves and no other cruise ship has these rooms. Why not try it for one leg. But I would suggest doing the PR first so you are not downgrading half-way through.

Thanks for the input, we will have a balcony cabin for our other leg, it would be nice to have them for both but this was a bit of a last minute decision and with the balcony room for both legs it would cut back on our fun money!

I didn't realize though that the Promenade rooms would be smaller then a regular inside room?

Bel

p.s. hi Cass hope all is well with you

MsDolly, the promanade rooms are smaller than a regular inside. I do know there are some balconies left that you should be able to get the same one for both legs of your trip. email me tloomis333 (at) aol (dot) com I have a couple questions for you.

YEs this is true the room is alittle smaller, but to us let try it out and see how we feel , so the next cruise will be around 2011 we know what to look for. I wish you good luck. The only think i can think of is if there is a twist in the arm or really goooood deal on balancy over pr or not much differences in prices, than go balac. :D It never hurt to beg or see what is the real deal out there on the cruise you are going on. Do it fast...

We want a PR cabin, but we are people watchers. We did a OV and the huge window was great, but next time we want to watch people, we tend to forget to look at the ocean and you get used to it always being the same.

The PR cabins have a nice window seat to sit and watch.

We just got off Navigator on a B2B2B after booking inside guarantees. Ended up with an inside for first leg, PR for second leg and OV for third leg.

The inside was on deck 6 ,6649. We have experienced insides on many occasions so nothing was new or a shock to us.

The PR was on deck 8, 8591. This in no way was smaller than the inside we had on 6 excepting in the drawer space provided. I loved the sofa and window seat combination which made having room service much easier as each person had their own seating area around the coffee table.The dresser top was longer and wider so had much more counter top space for the icebucket etc. but there were no drawers here just the one for the hairdryer. The 2 mirrored wall storage cupboards were narrower than usual because they were not angled. There were 2 shelves at the end of the dresser. The drawer space provided was small, 4 in the unit below the TV stand, but there were more shelves above the TV. The safe was in the wardrobe which was annoying as it was not face on and you had to slide the clothes along to get at it. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CURTAINS OPEN !!!. I knew that leaving the curtains open led to others from across the way being able to see into your own cabin. I briefly opened our curtains to look down onto the promenade and saw the lady in the cabin opposite to ours sitting on the back rest of the window seat in her BRA AND KNICKERS:eek: :eek: . Not a pretty sight !!

2782159880098474097S425x425Q85.jpg

2926800140098474097S425x425Q85.jpg

2054215800098474097S425x425Q85.jpg

The OV cabin ,2638 ,we had on the 3rd leg was actually the worst experience out of 20+ cruises for noise and we would never book ,by choice, an aft on 2 again. We had a forward OV on 2 for the transatlantic on Navigator and loved it but this one was so noisy. Our cabin wasn't all the way to the aft so god knows what those cabins sounded like.

Heartherb1953: so u would say pr is really not worth it or just lack of space? Just remeber we are going on Marnier of the Seas next year in August:rolleyes:

We got to experience the PR cabin at a very cheap price as we only paid for an inside guarantee. I personally wouldn't chose to pay the extra, unless you were only talking a few dollars difference, for the odd occasion we would use the sofa layout for room service.

With regards to drawer storage space I always take a couple of hanging shoe organisers. Not the ones that hang over a door but the ones that hang on the wardrobe rail and drop down to form cubby holes.I use them to store swimwear,underwear, bags, shoes etc.then use the drawers for shorts,sleepwear. They pack flat and don't take up any room in your suitcase.

Have fun on the Mariner which ever cabin you choose.

We booked yesterday to go back on Navigator for October and chose an inside:) .

The only time we heard any noise was on embarkation day when the sound must have been turned up to grab everyone's attention !!! It was when the port shopping guide person was telling the times of her talks from the bridge on the Promenade

One night DH went to bed early and I tried to stay awake for one of the parades but couldn't keep my eyes open. Went to bed and didn't hear a thing when it was on. We were on the 8th deck.

Heatherb1953: Thank you for posting your pictures and your experience w/ the PR cabin. We have PR 8611 booked for December, and you have me feeling much better about our choice. :)

Glad to be of help. Will always assist, where I can, with personal experience and not hearsay:)

Enjoy your cruise and happy sailing:)

Archived