key west pub crawl

ocut

We just wandered around ourselves for a bit- stopped in at a place called "Irish Kevin" and game over. We had such a blast we spent the next 3 1/2 hours there! We have never done that before but this place was a riot!:D

anyone done this one also? was thinking about doing it...looks like it could get a bit fun after the 2nd or so bar and everyone has a few in them

We did this last year when we went on the Majesty of the Seas. We had a good time, and visited Ricks, Kevin's Irish Pub, Lazy Gecko and Schooner's Wharf. It was nice because the places are where the local's visit, not just the tourists. And the fish and sharks outside of Schooners Wharf were amazing.

We had a good time, and visited Ricks, Kevin's Irish Pub, Lazy Gecko and Schooner's Wharf. It was nice because the places are where the local's visit, not just the tourists.

Uh, I wouldn't go that far. Locals do visit Schooner Wharf. But the other 3 you listed are Duval St tourist destinations. The majority of locals who do go to those places are military or the thug wannabes that go to Ricks at night.

Uh, I wouldn't go that far. Locals do visit Schooner Wharf. But the other 3 you listed are Duval St tourist destinations. The majority of locals who do go to those places are military or the thug wannabes that go to Ricks at night.

We were there during the day, as the tour was at 1:30 and the ship left at 5. What we saw at all of the pubs were locals, we know that part because we talked to the people that were there. We did not see any military or thugs. Our favorite stop was Kevins. Most of the other people from our ship, of course it was the only one in port that day, were over at Sloppy Joe's or filling the chairs at Hogs Breath, of and of course wasting away at Margaritaville.

I love Key West and we were actually talking to people from the area, thinking of actually moving down to the Keys, however we decided to stay up here in Ft. Lauderdale, easiest to get away in case the damn hurricanes decide to blow this way this year.

I really like going to Key West. I cannot imagine paying for a pub crawl though when the bars are so close together (Key West is not all that large!). I just go on my own pub crawl and have a great time. More money for drinks!

I agree this is a do it yourself thing. Take the money you would have spent on the tour and buy your own drinks. I like hitting The Bull - Have to see Yankee Jack while I'm in town and they have two for one margaritas. Stop in at Capt Tony's and look at all the stuff on the walls. Go into Ricks for some nice drinks. At least stop into the Hogs Breath to say you've been there and if your lucky the older guy who lays on his motorcycle with a parrot on his shoulder will be there. Stop into Sloppy Joe's because it is an institution and they have some good music. And lastly stop at Irish Kevins. They have the best music in the afternoons that I have found on Duvall street and it is always a party atmosphere. Then stagger back to the ship! Have fun!

Yes, We were handed a coupon for two for one Margarita's- so we took them up on it and went in. Not so great drinks but we thought we would wander up to check out the roof top patio bar- well the surprise was on us. My husband didn't know where to look first. It was an ALL male crowd. Shane wasn't too interested in staying. I thought it was a hoot to see him squirm!!!!:rolleyes:

I just can't get my head around paying somebody to walk me up and down Duval. Locals DON'T like Duval in general, including me. Not because of who's there but because you're treated like cattle, drink prices are high and it's crowded. Never mind the parking issue. You'll find us WAY off Duval!

I just can't get my head around paying somebody to walk me up and down Duval. Locals DON'T like Duval in general, including me. Not because of who's there but because you're treated like cattle, drink prices are high and it's crowded. Never mind the parking issue. You'll find us WAY off Duval!

Could not agree more. If someone tells you this is a "locals place" keep walking.

Mike:)

bhopal, sounds like we should have a beer out at Hogfish or someplace someday!

Sounds good to me. I've got a wedding (my daughter's) and a couple more things on my plate right now; but I won't forget it, just give me a little time.

Mike:)

If you've never done the pub crawl, your missing the point. It's not about drinking. It's about having fun. You get a very entertaining tour of the bar district of Key West and get some fun stories about the Island. I would reccommend this for anyone that is not interested in the high priced excursion and just wants to have fun, especially if this is your first visit to Key West.

Four couples from here in SA along with another two couples we met on prior cruises are going on the Conquest in Oct 2009 to Key West and we're looking at the Pub Crawl. You should join us since you have experience!!! :-)

Brian

NE San Antonio

Didnt know the conquest went to Key West. Not sure what season we will cruise next year yet. I will give it a look and would love to pub crawl with your bunch. Dont let them talk you out of it on these boards, its a blast.

We had a great time on the pub crawl last year. It wasn't about just my husband and I going from bar to bar to drink. We can do that any night in Orlando. We had so much fun because of the group we were with and the guide. He was wonderful and knew alot about the island so it was an island tour also. We got to know the others in our group very quickly and it was fun to run into them on the rest of the cruise. So if you are looking to just go drink by yourself then that is fine, if you are looking for a whole lot of fun with a fun group of people I would take the pub crawl. Cindy

• 1 month later...

Archived