Voyager - information?

We are going on our first cruise next year on the Voyager and I wanted to find out a little about it. Some questions I have are...

What are the pool hours like? I keep seeing different threads about the dining. Some people say it is good and others say it isn't. Should I be worried? Can you give me any ideas for fun activities? What are the shows like? Everyone talks about how small the rooms are. How small are we talking? What are the movies like in the theatre (does anyone even do that)? I am going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. I am sure there are pick pockets, any tips on keeping this from happening? Any other tips would be much appreciated.

I know this is a lot of questions and I am sorry. I have learned a lot from this site but I still have so many questions:confused: . I am sure they will keep coming. Thanks so much for all the information and your time and patience.

Tonya

I think the small cabins are on older ships. The OV on Voyager we had was 180 s.f., perfectly large enough and a HUGE window.

The shows were pretty good, cant remember them that well though?

The dining room is beautiful, it is 3 stories.

Dont forget to check out the cafe in the promenade, we didnt for 3 days and then were upset with ourselves, loved the hot pizza there, stuff there was better than elsewhere to me.

We took a Transatlantic/ Mediterranean cruise in April/May this year on the Voyager. It is the most beautiful ship we have been on so far. The Promenade deck is set up like a mall. You have shops, sidewalk bars and a cafe. It also has the deck that you can walk all the way around the ship. I prefer to walk on this deck instead of the jogging track. It is covered and really relaxing. This is also a great deck for sitting and reading.

My DH and I love to work out when we are on cruises. The Voyager has a terrific sports deck. It has ping pong tables, a basketball court/ volleyball court, a putt putt golf course, an inline skating area, and a rock climbing wall. And, of course, a gym and jogging track. It also has an ice rink that can be used during certain times.

The shows were all really good. My DH and I LOVED the ice skating shows. The performers were wonderful. We saw 2 ice shows while on the ship. We met two of the skaters while we were in Barcelona and told them how much we enjoyed the show. They were fabulous!!!

We also thought the food on the ship was very good.

You will have a wonderful time on this ship!!

browneyes7:) :rolleyes:

We loved the ice skating show. Now I remember why the shows were so forgetable. They were some of the same folks from my SOV cruise, they moved them en masse to the Voyager. One of the main singer dancers was from SOV and the show with the kinda colors and puppets and whips we had seen the exact whole show on SOV and the piano player, smith is his name is terriffic, but I saw him the year before on Rhapsoday. No new shows was a dissapointment.

We loved the ice skating show. Now I remember why the shows were so forgetable. They were some of the same folks from my SOV cruise, they moved them en masse to the Voyager. One of the main singer dancers was from SOV and the show with the kinda colors and puppets and whips we had seen the exact whole show on SOV and the piano player, smith is his name is terriffic, but I saw him the year before on Rhapsoday. No new shows was a dissapointment.

We've seen many of the same shows over and over, also. We just started cruising four years ago. (We have been on 24 cruises, now.) We were told on one of our cruises that they (this was Carnival) do the same show for a year because of the cost of costumes and production. :rolleyes:

I was surprised how many hats they make folks wear. The little black girl who was the one we saw as one of the two females singers on Voyager, was the singer on SOV, we did a B2B on. If we hadnt done the B2B, I wouldnt have known who she was, but she is the one who went from cabin to cabin passing out the coupon books, and then she was helping with the muster drill. I would have thought a featured singer didnt have to do so many other jobs, or maybe she was working for extra cash??

Reading your post made me sad for you !!! You have so many worries and are about to go on one of the most beautiful ships RCCL has, I think. The rooms are not small, depending on what room you have- We had a balcony on the voyager and there was plenty of room for the two of us. you won't be in there much anyway! The food was great- definitely splurge a night or two and try Chops (EXCELLENT) or Portofinos (DITTO)...The pools are open almost alllllllllll day until I noticed at dark sometimes they would drain one of them ...the spa is wonderful- the Windjammer was even nicer than some other ships and breakfast was GREAT there. Gosh,...what else...we always have fun at the adult show - can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but you'll see it in the compasses. Your stops are great and I have never had any problems with "pick pockets"...Grand Cayman is beautiful- and "upscale" . jamaica is beautiful and has some real areas of poverty that are quite sad, but you most likely won't see them unless you venture off on your own. We swam with dolphins and climbed the falls there and it was really fun and I felt completely safe. Cozumel is my favorite- we did the dolphin swim there once and it was even better than jamaica- although I would do either place. Rent a jeep in Cozumel and cruise the tiny island...there are some BEAUTIFUL beaches on teh back side that are "undeveloped"...breathtaking. Your ship is AWESOME- you will have an amazing trip!

I keep seeing different threads about the dining. Some people say it is good and others say it isn't. Should I be worried?

Worried about the food??? Ya gotta be kidding.

Calm down and relax... you will have a great time.

When you're in a foreign port, you just need to exercise the same awareness that you would in any place! You are no more likely to have a "pocket picked" there than you are on your street at home. Just be aware of your surroundings--sometimes, on vacation, people get stupid and operate in a fog!

As far as the cabins go--don't expect a hotel sized room--even on the larger ships. Unless you get a JS or above, the rooms are small, but well designed. Most hotel rooms are in the 500-600 sq. ft. range--cabins are about 1/2 that. But there's lots of storage space and cubbys, so unpacking is a breeze.

There is at least 1 pool open all the time--they do have to clean them, but something is available for your use 24/7!

You're going to have a great vacation! Stop worrying!

Gotta catch one error. Someone said there's a Chops on Voyager. Inaccurate. She does have a Portofinos, but not Chops. Other than that, she's a great ship. Took my first cruise from one of her aft-balconies and I'd love to be aboard again some day.

Soak it up and enjoy.

Thanks to all so much you have put my mind a little more at ease. I am so excited and looking forward to this cruise. I just wish it was sooner. My hubby and I are already talking about planning another one after this one.

Tonya

Thanks to all so much you have put my mind a little more at ease. I am so excited and looking forward to this cruise. I just wish it was sooner. My hubby and I are already talking about planning another one after this one.

Tonya

Come join our roll call.

Jill

Archived