New Solstice Picture – Looking good!

Xcruiser

It appears to me, after looking at the lifeboat mountings, that there will not be very good sea views from the outdoor promenade deck. I guess the days of the traditional promenades, with shuffle board and lots of lounge chairs are becoming a thing of the past. From what we have seen on past cruises, the loungers and the outdoor promenade are under-utilized spaces, anyway.

I guess that this new design allows more interior space.

Hypo

Now I don't know much about these things, so please forgive my ignorance. But do the life boats 'jut out' when the ship is afloat, like they are displayed in this photo or are they some how cranked back in so that they are more flush with the side of the ship? Kind of as it depicts in the various deck plans that available ?

Just wondering, since we are booked in a Sunrise deck cabin, i.e. 2 decks above the life boats, if we were to look down would we see the 'briny' or just the top of a life boat ?

Now I don't know much about these things, so please forgive my ignorance. But do the life boats 'jut out' when the ship is afloat, like they are displayed in this photo or are they some how cranked back in so that they are more flush with the side of the ship? Kind of as it depicts in the various deck plans that available ?

Just wondering, since we are booked in a Sunrise deck cabin, i.e. 2 decks above the life boats, if we were to look down would we see the 'briny' or just the top of a life boat ?

I would say the lifeboats are in their normal position. Note the aft three lifeboats pictured really don’t have any room to be moved closer to the ship.

It appears to me, after looking at the lifeboat mountings, that there will not be very good sea views from the outdoor promenade deck. I guess the days of the traditional promenades, with shuffle board and lots of lounge chairs are becoming a thing of the past. From what we have seen on past cruises, the loungers and the outdoor promenade are under-utilized spaces, anyway.

I guess that this new design allows more interior space.

Hypo

With the lifeboats not being "overhead" on the promenade deck, I think what the new design allows is an extra row of revenue generating balconies, not really more interior space. I will miss the long promenade with continuous view to the sea. But, I think you are probably right, they were not utilized as much as in the past (except on QM2).

Thank you for the great pic. We are first on a waitlist for a local group cruise on Soltice with air, cruise with balcony cabin, and transfers included. The cruise is Med. Sept. 2009. I know there is plenty of room on the ship, but this TA arranges fantastic trips and it is a great price.

I don't know how accurate it is but wikepedia states the hull will be dark blue and the x logo will not be on the funnel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity_Solstice

Don, I don’t think that information Wikipedia is correct. From the way they are painting Solstice in the shipyard I think it will look like the renderings on Celebrity’s website. Solstice will have a blue stripe that runs the length of the promenade (that is really not on the promenade deck but on the outer Entertainment deck:rolleyes: ) and covers the specialty restaurants aft.

I know it's been a couple of weeks since the preview in Miami and my memory probably isn't perfect on this but I'm 99% certain that they told us Solstice will not have a blue hull - that she will be all white. I'll see if anyone else who was there recalls this info as well.

Archived