Working On Another Cc Group ( Lifers)

Pugs

Where do you want your next CC group cruise to be?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want your next CC group cruise to be?

• Pride out of Balitimore, Half moon, Grand Turk,Freeport
    • ?? of of Ft. Lauderdale , Costa Rica, Colon

Now Crook, you know we can't use that "W" word here:D

Ahhh but I do believe until we have another trip scheduled, it is permissable;) (plus I forgot) I sure hope the B'more itin wins - I priced that trip out and it would be 4k for the 4 of us without airfare etc today:eek: With the way airfare is going nuts lately, not sure if I could afford to fly to FLL again:( I'm going crazy watching airfare to Jamaica for our December trip. Right now it's going to be $900 r/t for the two of us....if it doesn't come down by end of September, I'm going to have to cancel the trip and miss a dear friends wedding @ Sandals Negril:mad:

I voted too. ... though since I've hardly been to any of the ports, just about anything works for me. GAH! is it acceptable to use the W word in that manner? I hope so. My brain is obviously still on vacation!! :D

1. Western CaribbeanFt Lauderdale, FL ; Fun Day At Sea ; Fun Day At Sea ; Colon, Panama ; Limon, Costa Rica ; Fun Day At Sea ; Belize ; Fun Day At Sea ; Ft Lauderdale, FL

2. Balitimore. Halfmoon , Grand Turk, Freeport

What kind of pricing and airlines fly to Baltimore for us wesy coasters? No thanks to Panama Canal, rough seas!!!

I vote Grand Turk if LA won't work.

I know everyone has not voted, what are you waiting for?;)

Ok OK i admit...i was lurking for a while....i am torn between the choices..as much as I want to cruise with you guys in 2010...Tracy and I were already looking into an Alaskan cruise for 2010 or doing a RCCL cruise......decisions decisions....however I still voted:D ...who can say no to a $25 deposit?

What kind of pricing and airlines fly to Baltimore for us wesy coasters?

BWI is very close to the Inner Harbor (less than 20 minutes) and every major airline flies in to BWI. Plenty of transportation options (i.e. cabs, buses and light rail) and a great variety of hotels in and near the inner harbor. I'm not sure which terminal Carnival will be using....Locust Point or Dundalk. I hope Locust Point, it's super easy to get to:D

Good Morning Lifers, can we still be called that?:confused:

My friend just returned from the Cost Rica one and she said seas were good..She did the zip line tour:eek: .

I have not voted , I will go where ever...

I am off to buy some food for my family and school shop. :eek: One for John two for me, what do you think about that

:cool:

I hope to get some pricing soon, will let you know as soon as I get it.

Vote, Vote, Vote!!!!!!!!

Ok OK i admit...i was lurking for a while....i am torn between the choices..as much as I want to cruise with you guys in 2010...Tracy and I were already looking into an Alaskan cruise for 2010 or doing a RCCL cruise......decisions decisions....however I still voted:D ...who can say no to a $25 deposit?

Hey you better go with us on Carnival;)

Well I am home, to find this on page three, no way , this will not do!!!!!!

I hope to have some pricing very soon, waiting for Laura to get it for me , and then we will be ready to roll!!!!!!

Must find us a new banner! After all I have a book of them:eek: ..

Start thinking of a name for us, something we can use on every cruise from here out...

I shopped till I dropped, you would think I am going back to school, no WAY!!!!!

Let me start a list.....

ANY. Just put me on the Ship

1 Barbara ( Pugs) 2 cabins

FT. Lauder. depart. Costa Rica, Panama.

Baltimore, HMC, Grand Turk

I know everyone has different experiences going to the same places but I just had to say that Belize was THE WORST PORT EVER. We had to take a tender that took around 20 minutes to get to the port ( their tender boats they supplied the ship with were horrible with sprays of water constantly in your face no matter where you sat) and we had 3 different groups of people taking different tours and they all came back including us disappointed with the ship tours. My daughter took a cave tour and another did tubing and we did a boat tour of a river that was horrible. The boat we were in was a little dingy type that held around 15 people and the engine conked out at least a dozen times. The water was stagnant with debris all through it. You absolutely HAVE to take a tour because there is nothing to see and walk around for. We swore we would never go to Belize again.

Lynn from my area (LAX, ONT, SNA) flights were ranging from a low of $250 to about $380 RT. I haven't seen the lower price for a while, that was before the airlines went all bonkers. :mad:

a friend of mine booked the reverse trip (BWI-LAX) for $320.

I know everyone has different experiences going to the same places but I just had to say that Belize was THE WORST PORT EVER. We had to take a tender that took around 20 minutes to get to the port ( their tender boats they supplied the ship with were horrible with sprays of water constantly in your face no matter where you sat) and we had 3 different groups of people taking different tours and they all came back including us disappointed with the ship tours. My daughter took a cave tour and another did tubing and we did a boat tour of a river that was horrible. The boat we were in was a little dingy type that held around 15 people and the engine conked out at least a dozen times. The water was stagnant with debris all through it. You absolutely HAVE to take a tour because there is nothing to see and walk around for. We swore we would never go to Belize again.

Too funny - Belize is in my top 3 ports so I would say just the opposite. :) But then again - I'm weird because everyone else seems to love Cozumel and it's not really somewhere I care if I ever go back to or not! :p

We have actually looked at spending a week in Belize we liked it so much - everyone was so nice, very welcoming, and once you get outside Belize City (which is known for being unsafe and rundown) the countryside is great. The reason for the long tender is to protect what is the second longest coral reef in the world (after the great barrier reef.) We did a private cave-tubing tour and seeing those caves are one of the things I'll never forget in my life. Next time I want to snorkel on the reef - that and have another Belikan beer - I've searched all over and you can't get it outside of Belize.

You are right, though - it's not the kind of place you can just walk around. The same goes for Colon, Panama & Limon, Costa Rica. They are very poor & rundown - you have to get outside the port area to really experience the culture and people. Colon is absolutely the worst slum I have ever seen - the only port I've ever felt I'd be scared in if I weren't on a bus. There are incredible things to experience in all three, but you really do need a tour planned to do it.

The Ft. Lauderdale is on the Freedom, it does not have a stop in Belize.

I didn't like Cozumel. You are correct VA, you would want to do tours with the Ft. Lauderdale departure, however the country side of the ports are said to be nice. Like I said before , if you go open minded and take in what you can, any cruise will be great.

A little about the two ships, Freedom is a new ship, said to be really nice. I have been reading a little about both ships. AAA gives Freedom a 4 star and the Pride a 3 star. The Pride is a tap bit older and smaller. Not that , that is bad. Some like small , some likes large, some likes tours and some don't.

Some likes a lot of sea days , ( Freedom) and some don't ( Pride). Some like me, just would love to be on a cruise with you great people!

Let me start a list.....

ANY. Just put me on the Ship

1 Barbara ( Pugs) 2 cabins

2 Karen (Crookedhalo) 2 cabins

FT. Lauder. depart. Costa Rica, Panama.

Baltimore, HMC, Grand Turk

Just put me on a ship heading somewhere. Though I am beginning to suspect that B'more is going to be way expensive. Just like with RCCL, CCL will have a 'captive' audience. If you want to sail out of B'more, you sail with them. Take it or leave it :( Like I said, I priced the 7/18 trip for four of us in an OV gty and it was going to be over 4k with tips etc. I'm thinking we can fly to FLL cheaper and hop on a ship;) Another thing with the B'more itin, the port times are very, very short in Grand Turk and Freeport:(

Just put me on a ship heading somewhere. Though I am beginning to suspect that B'more is going to be way expensive. Just like with RCCL, CCL will have a 'captive' audience. If you want to sail out of B'more, you sail with them. Take it or leave it :( Like I said, I priced the 7/18 trip for four of us in an OV gty and it was going to be over 4k with tips etc. I'm thinking we can fly to FLL cheaper and hop on a ship;) Another thing with the B'more itin, the port times are very, very short in Grand Turk and Freeport:(

I think you are correct Crook. Like any land bound , new open area, the cost is with it...They know you are in the area and can drive, so they get you with the fare! However as more goes in that way, the other ports will drop in price. Good-Bad!!!

Yeah, what we need are multiple lines in the port to offer competition:p I know it's much cheaper to book NY over B'more for basically that reason:mad: I'm going to do some poking around to get an apples to apples type price for the Freedom. I think airfare will come down in the next year to a reasonable fare and hopefully the cruise market will soften a bit and really give a us a great deal :D

Archived