****Possible CC group “LIFERS” on Carnival Freedom -JULY 2010***

Pugs

Busy with kids, they started back to school.....

I am going to e-mail me and find out if he left blockbuster yet!

Thats funny...you should e-mail him to see if he left blockbuster...let him know that we are all concerned about him!! LOL!!!:D

Thanks for the welcome. I know this is a STUPID question, but what is a "Lifer"? Does it mean like a cruiser for life? If so, then include me. LOL

I'm pretty sure I'll remember all these folks for life ... even if I can't remember names and introduced myself to the same people over n over. :D

Shall we start a pool? How many times will BSQ move between now and July 2010. LMAO! :eek: (hint: ZERO!!)

Hi Lifers, ( I am thinking school, I almost typed hi-lighters):D

Add me to the list Pugs, I have to see the pricing and dates. The kids are saying send in the deposit now!! What have I done:eek: I now have 2 pre teen cruise junkies. If you want I can handle the pub/poker crawl again. I will not do a walking tour of San Juan as we don't dock there:rolleyes:

Please add me to the interested list. Will be myself and daughter who will be 16 :eek: at the time of this cruise.

We're on the list of those interested in the Dream, Summer 2010, but am thinking it's going to be pretty pricey. Plus maybe have done Eastern enough and should change things up.

What really caught my interest in this cruise is the picture of the lady holding cards and money! A favorite passtime! :D

Sharon

Please add me to the interested list. Will be myself and daughter who will be 16 :eek: at the time of this cruise.

We're on the list of those interested in the Dream, Summer 2010, but am thinking it's going to be pretty pricey. Plus maybe have done Eastern enough and should change things up.

What really caught my interest in this cruise is the picture of the lady holding cards and money! A favorite passtime! :D

Sharon

Welcomed Sharon.:D That lady holding cards and money is Sharon also. She had just won the pub crawl the Lifers had set up. :p The same person that organized that crawl has volunteered to do it for this trip also.

It'lll be as blast for sure. :D :D

Sharon

That lady is me! :D Hi Sharon -- I'm Sharon, too. My DH and I have said over and over that this was undoubtedly the best cruise we have ever been on. So much of it had to do with the Lifers that were with us! Such a great group of people!!!

Good Morning All!

Thanks for the welcome, Sharon and Rita/Ed! I thought you guys were playing poker on deck. Haven't done a pub crawl before.

I just e mailed this thread to a friend - another single Mom w/DD who we've cruised with and met up at WDW.

Now is this going to be an 8 night as far as you can tell? Would love to do a newer Carnival ship like the Freedom.

Will have to do some research on Colon. Anyone been there?

~Sharon

Sharon

Welcome to our group Sharon!!

You are in for a "real treat!" These people are the "BEST!";)

Kathy

Thanks Kathy and endobaby!

Ed/Rita (is this Ed or Rita), do you recall the price of the full Canal tour? Did you go all the way to the Pacific? I think that would be fantastic! My daughter would probably be bored stiff and mad that she couldn't sleep late but it's something she'd appreciate having done when she's older.

Any guesses on when pricing would come out?

Have never done a group cruise before. Are there ever price drops after the initial quote?

Ed/Rita (is this Ed or Rita), do you recall the price of the full Canal tour? Did you go all the way to the Pacific? I think that would be fantastic! My daughter would probably be bored stiff and mad that she couldn't sleep late but it's something she'd appreciate having done when she's older.

Any guesses on when pricing would come out?

Have never done a group cruise before. Are there ever price drops after the initial quote?

Welcome aboard Sharon and hold on tight because this is a very lively crew. I have not done the Canal tour, but from what I have read the ferry tour goes thru 2 of the locks and it is like a 6-8 hour tour. Supposed to be great.

As far as your daughter goes, there a plenty of kids her age that are part of the group, including my son who will be 17 for this cruise (he might actually talk before day 4, lol).

Got a story of what a wonderful parent I am. My daughter, almost 3, hurt her leg on Saturday. Being the good parent we are we took her to get it x-rays at the Hospital and they said it was sprained. She kept complaining of pain around her knee whenever she walked and limped all weekend. I kept telling her to walk and it would feel better. I took her to swimming lessons on Monday as well as school and she limped all day. I gave into my wife and we took her to an Orthopedic on Tuesday and he said she had a smiall fracture below her knee. Now she has a lovely pink cast from her theigh to her toes. I first was mad at the hospital for missing it on the x-ray, and I felt like you know what for making her walk all weekend. So I have been going thru parental anguish since yesterday am for putting her thru almost 3 day of unnecessary pain. Thank you for letting me vent.

Welcome Sharon! This is a great group of cruisers and you will have so much fun!

I have been to Colon. Let me first say that Costa Rica and Panama are my two favorite ports of those I've been to. But I won't lie - Colon itself is the not a nice town. Once you get outside the city Panama is wonderful. Welcoming, friendly, and the incredible Canal. But it is a destination where you need a tour planned. There is a small shopping center attached to the port and that is about it and you don't want to venture outside that without a tour. I am still ready to go back anytime - both Costa Rica and Panama have so much to offer once you get outside of the port cities.

We took the Two Oceans by Railroad tour in Panama. We decided to do that one instead of the ferry since the ferry is not air conditioned and can sometimes take up to 11 hours depending on canal traffic. We also wanted to do all three locks if we were going to do it - not just two. But I've heard great things about the tour.

The railroad was great - a one hour ride to the Pacific where we boarded a bus for a quick ride to the Miraflores locks. Got to see a ship go through the locks, then went to two other stops for pictures of the Pacific and the Bridge of the Americas before we took the train ride back. It turned out to be a great excursion.

I can't wait to get back and see more of Panama and of Costa Rica as well. I will need an extra suitcase for the coffee I will be bringing back from Costa Rica! It was the best I've ever had. :p :)

Got a story of what a wonderful parent I am. My daughter, almost 3, hurt her leg on Saturday. Being the good parent we are we took her to get it x-rays at the Hospital and they said it was sprained. She kept complaining of pain around her knee whenever she walked and limped all weekend. I kept telling her to walk and it would feel better. I took her to swimming lessons on Monday as well as school and she limped all day. I gave into my wife and we took her to an Orthopedic on Tuesday and he said she had a smiall fracture below her knee. Now she has a lovely pink cast from her theigh to her toes. I first was mad at the hospital for missing it on the x-ray, and I felt like you know what for making her walk all weekend. So I have been going thru parental anguish since yesterday am for putting her thru almost 3 day of unnecessary pain. Thank you for letting me vent.

Don't put yourself through that! :) Especially since she's only three - they don't get very specific about hurts at that age. You had no way of knowing.

My 5 year old nephew was over the other day and kept calling for me to "come here - I want to show you something" from the other room. I was cooking dinner and kept telling him I'd be in there in a few minutes to see. When I got there 5 or 10 minutes later - he was bleeding. It turned out to be just a badly scraped knee, but it looked very bad at first! I felt terrible. Here I was thinking he was just bugging me to show me a matchbox car or something and he was hurt! But he also never told me he was hurt or I would have come running! So don't feel bad - just be glad she is ok. :)

WOW David!!! POOR HAILEY!:eek: I am glad she will be okay. Its not your fault, you trusted the hospital and THEY missed it on an X-Ray. I would have been mad too! She must have been in a lot of pain. The same thing happen to us with Kaitlyn a few years back with a broken hand...she was complaining and I let it go for a few days thinking it would get better, but it got worse. I felt horrible when I took her to an Orthpedic and it was broken...poor kid. Anyway.....I am glad Hailey is okay. Talk to you soon.:D

I don't recall the price, I've slept since then.:rolleyes: I am Ed and an engineer so the ferry was worth every penny. Yes it was hot but you must understand where you are and the fact they built this with 100 year old technology. At the time how you got malaria was a mystery.

Welcome aboard Sharon and hold on tight because this is a very lively crew. I have not done the Canal tour, but from what I have read the ferry tour goes thru 2 of the locks and it is like a 6-8 hour tour. Supposed to be great.

It was great!:D

Pugs, you can count us in for 2 balconies and 1 inside cabin. Not sure how I'll place everyone yet and not sure if I have 7 or 9 people.

This will be a graduation cruise for Megan then. She was hoping for a Mediterranean Cruise but, have you seen the prices on those plus air? Yikes.

I sure enjoyed the little bit of time I got to spend with the group- I am looking forward to being able to participate more in 2010.

Pam

My we have been busy today.... I had to teach today.......Geeee I am retired , what are they doing to me!!!!!

Welcome hightownCO ( Sharon) glade to have you join the family!!!!

Jjay the job is yours......Poker/pub crawl has a taker!!!!!

Ed glad to see you chatting again, we miss you when you are away!!!!

Pamelazzz, I knew you would be here!!!! Glad to have you back!

BSQ, no more moves for a little while!!!!

1. Pugs ( Joe and Barbara)

2. Pugs 2 ( John and ?)

3. VaCruizer

4. BSQ and Bubba Q

5. Dafell

6. Dafell 2 ( Kids)

7. Endobaby ( Millie and guest)

8. Endobaby #2 (Guest and Guest)

9. Reammi 1

10. Reammi 2

11. Alcouple ( Ed and Rita)

12. Logie ( Lynn)