Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

princess has inside single occupancy at a great rate in august. i just booked a 14 day for less than $100. a day, all inclusive !!

Congratulations:) I had no idea Princess includes everything.

Your liquor, tips and everything is included in the price?:confused:

princess has inside single occupancy at a great rate in august. i just booked a 14 day for less than $100. a day, all inclusive !!

I think she means port charges and taxes. If more than that, hurray! Lets hear it.

Anyway, what is the date and the route. I am really thinking of trying to do something before the end of October.

Let me know.

Marianne

My cruise next year is, to me at least, excellent value for a solo cruiser.

Costa Allegra, 40 nights including 1 night B&B pre cruise in 5 star hotel in Singapore and flights for £3116/$5153/€3681 and that works out at £78/$128/€92 per day.

:)

Wow, I would love to do that someday (40 nights). Don't know about being gone that long, especially if the seas got rough as well as being away from home. For me at least, the times I have been on a ship in bad weather, were the times if there was a way to get off, I would have done it. lol They canceled the shows, because the rolling was so bad, and some of the staff, and entertainers were sea sick, as were most of the passengers. Barff bags all over the ship, hallways, every table, really every surface where they could put one. Everyone tried to sit in the middle of the ship, including me. Like falling off a horse, I got right back on. We must adapt.............

Maybe, someday. So far 16 nights and my next one with hotel in NOLA will be 20 nights.

Keep the posts coming! All info welcome.

Have a great week-end.

Marianne

Wow, I would love to do that someday (40 nights). Don't know about being gone that long, especially if the seas got rough as well as being away from home. For me at least, the times I have been on a ship in bad weather, were the times if there was a way to get off, I would have done it. lol They canceled the shows, because the rolling was so bad, and some of the staff, and entertainers were sea sick, as were most of the passengers. Barff bags all over the ship, hallways, every table, really every surface where they could put one. Everyone tried to sit in the middle of the ship, including me. Like falling off a horse, I got right back on. We must adapt.............

Maybe, someday. So far 16 nights and my next one with hotel in NOLA will be 20 nights.

Keep the posts coming! All info welcome.

Have a great week-end.

Marianne

So far I have done 15-21 day cruises with a couple of 3 day pre-maiden's thrown in. The 40 nighter is a repositioning b2b2b from Singapore to Italy via Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, India, Oman, Aden, Jordan, Suez, Egypt, Spain & Corsica :)

It's one of those 'itineraries unlikely to be repeated' type of cruise with overnight stays along the route, such as 3 days in Mumbai, 2 days in Phuket...and at the price with flights & hotel included, I wasn't about to let it slip by :o

Hey Everyone,

Those of us who have been around for this thread for some time know the rules about mentioning specific agencies. For those who are unfamiliar, check out post #321. Keeping this thread alive and active with solo deals saves us all LOTS of money !! :)

Thanks for listening.

Please remember the following information in my previous post:

Please remember the title of this thread' date=' "CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here". The topic is bargains offered by the CRUISE LINES... not travel agents/agencies or group cruises. Posts have been removed since they violated the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic membership.

Per the Guidelines:

... This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information...

And also:

... Basically, the names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the removed posts...

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
typo

Just to clarify, my price info was gotten from the Princess web site. Is that information allowed? At least I thought it was.

The email info was to find out about making my first solo cruise. Didn't mean to step out of line. First time is always scary.

Hope this helps.

I just booked a five nights balcony for $733, solo with a senior special.

It is on the Radiance of the Seas round trip from San Diego, Sept 25, 09.

The balconies were actually less than interiors for senior specials!:)

Come join me!

How do you find out if a cruise is offering a lower single supplement? Is it just trial and error or are they advertised?

Cherrin

Costa have ships that have single cabins, so those ships the supplement is around the 30% mark. Other ships in their fleet where you have a twin cabin to yourself, the supplement seems to depend on the ship's size/age/facilities on board/itinerary.

Allegra next year worked out at 30% supplement for me next year for a single cabin, not a twin for single use.

Fred Olsen also have single cabins, they too have much lower supplements that reflect that, generally around the 45-55%, P&O also dod a variety of supplements on their twin cabins...again alot does depend on the itinerary - ie repo cruises are alot cheaper than loop cruises.

Over and above that, you can always negotiate...I do and my TA does on my behalf too and as they say, every little helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Royal Caribbean website is offering a California Residency rate on the September 13, 2009, sailing of the Mariner of the Seas, from Los Angeles to the Mexican Riviera. Many categories are on sale, but, the specific price of an E2 Balcony Cabin is as follows:

Price Breakdown Guest 1

Cruise Fare - $789.00 USD

Taxes/Fees - $56.53 USD

Package Total - $845.53USD

In addition Crown and Anchor Society Platinum members receive a $100 per cabin discount and Diamond/Diamond Plus members recieve a $200 per cabin discount on balcony category cabins.

This is one of the best deals on balcony cabins I've seen lately.

Also, seems it would be worth checking Residency Rates for other cruises.

Happy Sailing. :)

My cruise next year is, to me at least, excellent value for a solo cruiser.

Costa Allegra, 40 nights including 1 night B&B pre cruise in 5 star hotel in Singapore and flights for £3116/$5153/€3681 and that works out at £78/$128/€92 per day.

:)

Could you please advise how many passengers on Costa Allegra and dates for this repositioning cruise?

Could you please advise how many passengers on Costa Allegra and dates for this repositioning cruise?

Allegra's maximum is 900 passengers and her repositioning is in 2 sectors..

Singapore to Mumbai, 15 nights -03 April, 2010

Mumbai to Civitavecchia, 18 nights -18 April, 2010

I have added an extra cruise onto the end from Savona on May 6 thru 10 back to Civitavecchia.

The two main sectors are showing as sold out, however, there might be a small number of cabins available on waitlist incase of cancellation by anyone.

Allegra's maximum is 900 passengers and her repositioning is in 2 sectors..

Singapore to Mumbai, 15 nights -03 April, 2010

Mumbai to Civitavecchia, 18 nights -18 April, 2010

I have added an extra cruise onto the end from Savona on May 6 thru 10 back to Civitavecchia.

The two main sectors are showing as sold out, however, there might be a small number of cabins available on waitlist incase of cancellation by anyone.

Thank you for your response, which is much appreciated.

I will research Allegra further.

I don't know why, but, until recently, I thought Costa ships were all big ships.

Just noticed, if your birthday falls during a January cruise, Corinthian II is offering $500 reduction, plus no single supplement. This is in addition to a price reduction of $1250 on January cruises.

Ah, I just looked that up. That is a really good deal! I would be all over it, if it weren't for that fact that even with all the savings, it is still well outside my price range :p

I just booked a five nights balcony for $733, solo with a senior special.

It is on the Radiance of the Seas round trip from San Diego, Sept 25, 09.

The balconies were actually less than interiors for senior specials!:)

Come join me!

I'm on this same sailing, too. $644, solo NM residence rate, for D1 balcony on the hump! I got that price reduction a couple weeks ago, it's about $50 higher now.

And yeah, some of the balconies are cheaper than some of the interior / oceanviews!

Nancy

Thank you for your response, which is much appreciated.

I will research Allegra further.

I don't know why, but, until recently, I thought Costa ships were all big ships.

The older ships are all smaller...from Victoria down to Marina (the baby of the fleet).

Allegra & Marina are unique due to being morphed from containerships in the late '80's/early '90's. They have been sisters from 'birth' so to speak, Allegra is marguinally longer after a stretch, but both were containerships in their previous lives and both have a real charm about them. Next up on the size list are sisters Classica & Romantica, then you have the soon to be leaving Europa and then Victoria...before you get to the Farcas Fantasies of the post CCL ships. Micky Arison appears to be trying to rid Costa of it's heritage of small ships so if you want to try one, best get the skates on....and they were Costa's before CCL, so you will find a more Italian atmosphere aboard too.

NCL has inside for 369 and balconies for 599 for a 7 day cruise to Mexican Riviera. That balcony price is for the BA mid-ship. The guarantees are cheaper by about 50 bucks.

Happy cruising. :)

No questions please as I don't check in often....just go to NCL web site if you are interested. :)

NCL has inside for 369 and balconies for 599 for a 7 day cruise to Mexican Riviera. That balcony price is for the BA mid-ship. The guarantees are cheaper by about 50 bucks.

Happy cruising. :)

No questions please as I don't check in often....just go to NCL web site if you are interested. :)

Although I appreciate your effort, dates, name of ship, & departure city would be helpful. Such limited information is really of little use. Anybody with more details??

Everything that I've checked on the the NCL site is double for single occupancy. :-(

Edited by jjb415

Although I appreciate your effort, dates, name of ship, & departure city would be helpful. Such limited information is really of little use. Anybody with more details??

Everything that I've checked on the the NCL site is double for single occupancy. :-(

All NCL cruises are double. No getting around that. The particular one I was writing about is October out of LAX 7 day on the Star.

I really appreciate your telling me that I neglected to write the particulars. :) I'll try to do better in the future.:)