Live From The Emerald Med T/A 10/03 - 10/17

Woobstr112G

Boarded the Emerald yesterday after spending 2 days in Venice. Venice is a beautiful city, so much to see. Went on a night time gondola ride that was fantastic.

The Emerald is a beautiful ship. Very big and very clean. Spent several hours just walking around exploring. Today we set sail in about 30 minutes for a day at sea, tomorrow, before our next port stop. Will try and post reviews of my experiences as time permits. There is so much to do on this truely beautiful ship. If you are considering the Emerald, by all means, book it. The crew also, so far, seems very friendly and attentive. All in all it's shapping up to be a wonderful cruise.

Talk to you soon........

Bob

Bob, enjoy your cruise. We were on the Venice-Barcelona sailing Sept 6-21 and absolutely loved it. I don't know how you will find time to post when you are doing ports. We were so involved with the ports that we barely spent any time on ship and were exhausted at night because of all the tours we booked since we haven't been to that area before and really wanted to see it all. SO DIFFERENT from a Caribbean cruise when we can simply relax and perhaps snorkel a bit and stay up late at night. Loved the Emerald and cannot wait to be on her again. Enjoy!

Bob - Glad to see your thread as we'll be on this cruise next Oct. sailing the Ruby. We've been on the Emerald and loved the ship too. If you have time, I'd love to know where you stayed in Venice and what you did there - we'll be there 2 days as well. Also any wonderful excursions you're taking. Wishing you a great trip - we are really looking forward to this cruise.

Thanks Bob,I enjoy your reports very much since I did the same cruise years ago on the then new Grand Princess. We been to Venice a couple of times and loved it too, the departure by ship overlooking the town is breathtaking.

We will be on the Emerald for a b2b 20 day cruise in November,please take good care of her for us and enjoy every moment of your cruise,

looking foward to future reports,hope you find time to post since you will be very busy with port visits

Hi Bob and Holly

Glad to see you are having a great cruise. I am keeping my eyes on the princess website for you but still we have no shore excursions up yet. 93 days to go.. Maybe they are waiting for 90 days!!!!

Colleen

Hello Bob. Glad your cruise is off to an awesome start. :) So nice of you to post "live from" the Emerald reports. Will you be posting your cruise pictures? We are booked on the 12/20 Emerald holiday sailing out of Fort Lauderdale.

First off....Made a little mistake. We actually end on the 21st, not the 17th.

First day at sea. Dinner last night was very good. Late seating traditional. One thing though. If you don't know the layout of the ship, the Bottecheli (sp?) dining room is on deck six but you have to go up to deck 7 then back to deck 6.

Saw a comedian and a comedy jugler in the explorer's lounge after dinner. Both were great. Today is a leasurely day at sea with our 1st C/C meet/greet starting in about 5 minutes. Naples tomorrow. So far a great cruise.

Bob

Archived