Anyone else on Celebrity's GTS Cancellation?

C 2 C

Before anyone thinks I've misspelled the name of a Celebrity ship... this is a name suggested by a friend when I told him about my 2010 Millennium B2B2B cruises which were cancelled.

We have been faithful Celebrity cruisers for quite a while now but cancelled voyages, perks and credits are really starting to tick me off.

Booking cruises while on board used to be a rewarding experience until it got "improved" into the "Passages" with negligible rewards. Now the double credit is about to be cancelled for stock holders.

The worst practice is the deep discounting for anyone who does not book early but takes advantage of better prices for better cabins by waiting until after the final payment date. We are about to cancel 10 future bookings because of the deep discounts offered for late bookings.

The early bird might get the worm, but as they say, "the second mouse gets the cheese!"

Is there anyone else REALLY getting ticked off by cancelled bookings, non inaugural, pre-inaugural sailings, switched dates, loss of OBCs and pricing policies.

Celebrity has wonderful people working on board their ships, but Celebrity, realize this very basic economic law:

For everyone of your actions, there are thousands of reactions, including the law of unintended consequences.

Hi C2C,

Nice to see you back on the boards, hope you had a great trip. I believe you were on the Constellation? Sorry to hear about all the cancellations. I know this question is off this threads topic but just wondering if you have any Constellation updates. Will be on the Oct. 17th sailing, I would like to know who the captain is and any others. Really missed your informative postings. Thank you in advance.

Yes, I'm upset. We couldn't wait until we could book the Solstice maiden voyage. Then I see a travel agency offering 2 night pre-cruises. I called Celebrity. They said they use that for training. So to me, I'm not really on the maiden voyage !! I thought that's what I was doing on the maiden voyage, helping them train.

Also upset about Shareholder policy. I book on board to get the obc & then give it to my TA. Guess there's no incentive to do that anymore if I don't get the shareholder benefit.:mad:

I must say I was disappointed to see the cancellation of our Sydney to Hawaii cruise in 2010, although, judging by the prices for this year's offerings to the South Pacific, I can only gather they aren't selling well due to air prices and surcharges.

There are really very few options in the South Pacific - what I really want is a cruise that visits multiple ports in French Polynesia and this was Celebrity's closest option. Although we've hesitated to book Princess because we really enjoy Celebrity with their great service, rare announcements and set dining times, I think we may have to try Princess or Regent to finally see Bora Bora etc.

Although I'm not a shareholder, I certainly feel for those who are losing that perk if they have another stateroom credit. With the as-yet unimproved Captain's Club, it really doesn't seem that Celebrity is making much effort to hang onto it's most loyal passengers; with the new class of ship, perhaps they're aiming at a different demographic.

We always book very early for best choice of cabin and to secure our air, but it is very disappointing to see prices drop after final payment is due. The next time we book a cruise where air isn't difficult or expensive to come by, we may just wait and see what crops up last minute, although I'd miss choosing particular favourite cabins on the Millie-class ships.

They say it's much easier to keep an existing customer than to attract a new one, so Celebrity may be making a mistake in not trying harder to please their currently loyal followers.

Brenda, we did French Polynesia on the Tahitian Princess about a year and a half ago and had a great time! The ship was lovely, very small (700 pax) and we met wonderful people. The only issue is that they have continued to keep Rarotonga as a port, and they miss it 50+% of the time because of heavy seas. If they changed that to a different, more reasonable port, I would go back ion a heartbeat. I really recommend it!

Cathy

I am REALLY TICKED because Celebrity today posted sale fares on my upcoming Galaxy on Nov. 24. I called to get my price adjustment but got the run around from three different agents. Turns out that these fares should have been listed under the "Special Deals" but were not so X would not honor them. They were also supposed to be held until tomorrow and been a Tuesday Happy Hour Special but were not. Bottom line..... they were for new bookings only but no where did it say that and they were up on the regular Celebrity web site. This was Celebrity's error and they should have honored the listed price.

I am REALLY TICKED because Celebrity today posted sale fares on my upcoming Galaxy on Nov. 24. I called to get my price adjustment but got the run around from three different agents. Turns out that these fares should have been listed under the "Special Deals" but were not so X would not honor them. They were also supposed to be held until tomorrow and been a Tuesday Happy Hour Special but were not. Bottom line..... they were for new bookings only but no where did it say that and they were up on the regular Celebrity web site. This was Celebrity's error and they should have honored the listed price.

Before anyone thinks I've misspelled the name of a Celebrity ship... this is a name suggested by a friend when I told him about my 2010 Millennium B2B2B cruises which were cancelled.

We have been faithful Celebrity cruisers for quite a while now but cancelled voyages, perks and credits are really starting to tick me off.

Booking cruises while on board used to be a rewarding experience until it got "improved" into the "Passages" with negligible rewards. Now the double credit is about to be cancelled for stock holders.

The worst practice is the deep discounting for anyone who does not book early but takes advantage of better prices for better cabins by waiting until after the final payment date. We are about to cancel 10 future bookings because of the deep discounts offered for late bookings.

The early bird might get the worm, but as they say, "the second mouse gets the cheese!"

Is there anyone else REALLY getting ticked off by cancelled bookings, non inaugural, pre-inaugural sailings, switched dates, loss of OBCs and pricing policies.

Celebrity has wonderful people working on board their ships, but Celebrity, realize this very basic economic law:

For everyone of your actions, there are thousands of reactions, including the law of unintended consequences.

Arno - I take it from your message that Celebrity is no longer adjusting rates after final payment then either.....

Arno - I take it from your message that Celebrity is no longer adjusting rates after final payment then either.....

I have never received a reduction after final payment date nor been able to move to better category when they become available at a lower price than my booked cabin within those last 70 days. I have been lucky to have been upgraded by staff on board several times however.

There is a real disconnect between people on board who actually deal with passengers and those on the phone who must follow the company line without ever having to deal face to face with their decisions.

I'm really annoyed with X's pricing policy, the last 3 cruises that I've booked in advance with Celebrity have later been offered at cheaper prices closer to departure date but only for new bookings. Celebrity's inventory management policy rewards last minute purchasers and discourages not only booking in advance but also brand loyalty. Never again will I book in advance with Celebrity.

So if the price of my cruise drops after final payment, I cannot adjust it??

That has been my experience but some others may have had a different experience.

Friends who are travelling in Nov & Dec are now paying more for lower categories than people who are booking now for higher categories at lower prices.

I think the world is changing, folks. I'm ticked about the changes in OBC for those of us who are shareholders. I wouldn't be so ticked if the stock was actually going up in value ...

It would seem to me that every business would be doing everything possible to retain their repeat customers. Three years ago you could pretty easily sell out a ship, fully book a hotel, have a hopping restaurant or bar - but it's different now. Any feelings of loyalty to X are dissipating. RCCI is easier to stick with because the loyalty program is so much better.

We'll still cruise X, but our choices will probably be made last minute on price and itinerary alone.

I'm very happy with Celebrity!!:D

But how would you feel if your February Solstice cruise was cancelled because a company chartered the entire cruise or the itinerary was altered or if, after final payment date, your cabin type was available for hundreds or even thousands of dollars less for new bookings only. I'm still happy with the Celebrity product but certain developments lately have really altered my approach to booking with Celebrity.

Unless this changed recently Celebrity does honor price drops even after final payment. We got a $620 price drop in March and many people in our roll call have received priced drops on my cruise in December.

I think if a sale is for new bookings only they will honor the lower price.

Should I be concerned when I see the most loyal customers feel mistreated?

Should I be concerned when the company seems to be projecting economic concerns when they try to reduce benefits to improve the bottom line?

Should I be concerned when I see the stock price at new lows?

Just might need a cruise. Think I shouldn't give them my money and just wait to see if the cruise is a go, or no go, or the final price has dropped as far as it will drop.

Perhaps I should change my screen name to: "last minute cruiser".

Lots of questions, few answers.

I have had price drops after final payment has been made

and Celebrity did adjust it.

But how would you feel if your February Solstice cruise was cancelled because a company chartered the entire cruise or the itinerary was altered or if, after final payment date, your cabin type was available for hundreds or even thousands of dollars less for new bookings only. I'm still happy with the Celebrity product but certain developments lately have really altered my approach to booking with Celebrity.

I would be very upset if my cruise was cancelled just because they can make more money having the whole cruise chartered. Did they not give you any credit at all for that???

We too have also had our price altered after the final payment has been paid, did you book this yourself online or through a TA?

Shirley

I had a Regent cruise cancelled after and we had a deposit on it for a long time. However, after the initial disappointment we just re-booked two cruises for the price of one.

My point is that cruises get cancelled on all lines; flights get cancelled; hurricanes hit land based resorts and they have to close.......

Do we boycott those companies every time one of these things affects us? I don't.:rolleyes:

As for stock perks...I think it is the wrong reason to own stock....but that is just me.

I think Celebrity is a good product and I will sail with them.

I had several conversations recently with Celebrity. As always, I booked my upcoming Panama cruise last Fall and they have had my $900. deposit the whole year. Several weeks ago I saw on their Tuesday Happy Hour Specials my sailing - and the CC category was over $1,000. cheaper than I had paid! Celebrity refused to match the price because it is a Tuesday Special for new bookings only - they did not bend - and I spoke to several Celebrity people and management. Since then the price has dropped $200. and they gave me those discounts, but it certainly doesn't make up the Tuesday Special price. I will never again book on board - I will follow the Tuesday specials and book then - I certainly learned my lesson the hard way.

The one thing that gets me..They

aren't consistent.

You'll see someone gets a discount

after final payment has been paid and

other persons can't. Why can't we ALL have

the discount.. just because we booked early

they say NO! Do we all have to wait till the

last minute?

Or there will be a regular discount before payment

they might give you part of it and others all of it.

I read these problems all the time.

They need to be consistent..same for everyone!

The one thing that gets me..They

aren't consistent.

You'll see someone gets a discount

after final payment has been paid and

other persons can't. Why can't we ALL have

the discount.. just because we booked early

they say NO! Do we all have to wait till the

last minute?

Or there will be a regular discount before payment

they might give you part of it and others all of it.

I read these problems all the time.

They need to be consistent..same for everyone!

Problem is, it's not just the cruise line. There are often lower prices that become available, but travel agents won't let you reduce due to a couple reasons. Either they don't want to lose commission or they have booked you in with a group for added amenties or price breaks and can't let you out.

We have had a number of price breaks on our upcoming cruise and a few of us have been able to bump up to better cabins or realize a little savings.

As you are unhappy about the way this is, just be glad they don't opperate like the airlines, once you buy you are locked in.

Problem is, it's not just the cruise line. There are often lower prices that become available, but travel agents won't let you reduce due to a couple reasons. Either they don't want to lose commission or they have booked you in with a group for added amenties or price breaks and can't let you out.

We have had a number of price breaks on our upcoming cruise and a few of us have been able to bump up to better cabins or realize a little savings.

As you are unhappy about the way this is, just be glad they don't opperate like the airlines, once you buy you are locked in.

Rick,

This isn't quite right, United Airlines allows you to refare if a lower fare becomes available.

Why doesn't Celebrity use the airlines inventory model which rewards people who book in advance with lower fares?

Mark

Archived