WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

would that be a move down the ladder for him :confused:

We were told that D Kafetzis was moving to Summit to spark a little humour into the demanding NY run to Bermuda…

SummitFeb26_01.jpg

Theo Zakkas will be moving to Century in about a month, Dimitrios to Summit.

CenturyF23_07.jpg

Captain George on Century is an extremely friendly captain seen around the ship talking to guests.

Dear posters,

Let me get one thing straight:

A move as a Captain to another vessel while holding the same position does not mean a " move down the ladder", even-though the ship might be smaller. This is different to Aviation where a move to a larger or more modern Airliner is considered an "upgrade "for a Captain.

Actually, the routes plied and ports visited constitute the biggest challenge for a Mariner, not the actual vessel he/she is commanding.

For example: the Infinity's Winter schedule is the most challenging in the fleet, and I have tremendous respect for the Navigational Officers onboard ( as I have for all Celebrity Officers ;) )

Obviously, being the " take-out Master" of a brand new vessel is an honour, but that has to do also with shipyard preperation work etc.

As the fleet is now stable, we will see some moves of Captains from time to time. Too often the same thing gets boring you know:D

In reality, Century, with her traditional prop and rudder configuration is a harder lady to handle in tight quarters than the S-class with their Pods.

Regards,

D.

Dear posters,

Let me get one thing straight:

A move as a Captain to another vessel while holding the same position does not mean a " move down the ladder", even-though the ship might be smaller. This is different to Aviation where a move to a larger or more modern Airliner is considered an "upgrade "for a Captain.

Actually, the routes plied and ports visited constitute the biggest challenge for a Mariner, not the actual vessel he/she is commanding.

For example: the Infinity's Winter schedule is the most challenging in the fleet, and I have tremendous respect for the Navigational Officers onboard ( as I have for all Celebrity Officers ;) )

Obviously, being the " take-out Master" of a brand new vessel is an honour, but that has to do also with shipyard preperation work etc.

As the fleet is now stable, we will see some moves of Captains from time to time. Too often the same thing gets boring you know:D

In reality, Century, with her traditional prop and rudder configuration is a harder lady to handle in tight quarters than the S-class with their Pods.

Regards,

D.

Well said! Thanks for your post.

Hi,

We are just off the Infinity and would like to send an email to Jenny Cerezo the Captain's Club Hostess.

Would any one have an email address for her? If so, could you please send it to my email address - hcain at att dot net

FYI, she told us on our cruise that she was retiring from Celebrity on February 15th and would be returning to Panama to start a business.

Thanks

Jenny was wonderful. Best hostess ever. Will miss her. Wish her well.

So...which ship will be home to Capt. Frantzis then ?

Infinity for N Frantzis

Silhouette for Captain Lekkas

Sorry unless someone who recently sailed posts it, I have no idea beyond what I posted on the chart.

ScreenShot2014-02-24at11446PM.png

Darren Tiller just arrived on Eclipse to take the Hotel Director position.

That is great, we met him on the Equinox & he told us he would be on the Eclipse just was not sure exact date. We look forward to seeing him.