WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Just wondering if anyone knows what happened to Maria and if she is still working for Celebrity. When we cruised with her she was the best activities manager and felt she was a tremendous asset to Celebrity. However, i have seen some very negative reviews on her from 2012. I hope she didn't get fired. Anyone know?

She was activities manager on Solstice during our Dec 10 sailing

I was told on Silhouette that Sue left to run operations on Labadee.

Same info as we recently got on Solstice

Anyone know where CD Paul Baya is? He is a terrific CD! How often does Celebrity move the major staff around?

I believe a CD is onboard for 4 months and then get two months off. Some of them have permanent ships and others move around to fill the two month slots.

Paul Baya was on SL in September to ?. Perhaps he will be spotted again soon.

I believe a CD is onboard for 4 months and then get two months off. Some of them have permanent ships and others move around to fill the two month slots.

Paul Baya was on SL in September to ?. Perhaps he will be spotted again soon.

Thanks we are taking the transatlantic on the Reflection in April and really hope he is sailing on the ship. He makes the trip fantastic!

Thanks we are taking the transatlantic on the Reflection in April and really hope he is sailing on the ship. He makes the trip fantastic!

We totally agree. Paul Baya is very visible on the ship and makes the cruise more enjoyable. He does NOT disappear during the day like some CD's we have had. Paul is also a very talented singer. Very personable young man!

any idea how long these folks will be on board?

Sheldon, John and Cameron and Jonette? It would be nice to see them

all again in February!

Lois - Just off the Century this morning. Lots of crew changes coming up. I think everyone had arranged their schedules to be away for the original long dry dock. Captain left on time off today and said he'll be getting married. CD John will leave after the last transit cruise. I also think Jonette will be leaving then as well. Sheldon is also going on time off as well. Not sure about Cameron, however.

I had some trouble finding anyone who would still be there when we sail on Century again on 23 Feb.

Lois - Just off the Century this morning. Lots of crew changes coming up. I think everyone had arranged their schedules to be away for the original long dry dock. Captain left on time off today and said he'll be getting married. CD John will leave after the last transit cruise. I also think Jonette will be leaving then as well. Sheldon is also going on time off as well. Not sure about Cameron, however.

I had some trouble finding anyone who would still be there when we sail on Century again on 23 Feb.

Hi,:) thanks for the reply. Oh well, it will be whoever it will be then;)

Hi,:) thanks for the reply. Oh well, it will be whoever it will be then;)

Hey Lois,

Just off today -- as pointed out, three of the officers leaving the ship, all going home to get married!

Jonette will be on board until after April coastal cruises. She is the BEST!

Crew was wonderful and the food was excellent!

Enjoy!

Kel

Hey Lois,

Just off today -- as pointed out, three of the officers leaving the ship, all going home to get married!

Jonette will be on board until after April coastal cruises. She is the BEST!

Crew was wonderful and the food was excellent!

Enjoy!

Kel

Hi Kelly:) oh.....it will be nice to see Jonette again:D and I hope you

and Lauren had a great cruise:).....last time I sailed CENTURY was

May 2011...can't wait till next month!

Last month we talked to Ben Powney who was filling in on the Eclipse and he said he would be back on the Century as the CD in Feb. We really liked him.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

The staff is always wonderful no matter who they might be. Just think that the passengers on the February Century cruises will be the most interesting element of the cruises.

The staff is always wonderful no matter who they might be. Just think that the passengers on the February Century cruises will be the most interesting element of the cruises.

But some of us do have our favourites.

There are senior staff (and hosts) that mingle and those that are nearly invisible.

It's not about the ships you take but the friends you make. :D

But some of us do have our favourites.

There are senior staff (and hosts) that mingle and those that are nearly invisible.

It's not about the ships you take but the friends you make. :D

Can't argue your point. We've made many special friends while cruising on Celebrity.

This is a summary of the latest posts. However Century for example already has had several changes.

Appreciate your excellent updates and work. It seems for the Solstice that the latest on this ship was for December before the crew change overs on Dec. 23. Right?

We are now at two weeks till we will be boarding the Solstice in super spectacular Sydney harbor with our neighbors of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge for our Jan. 20-Feb. 3 Sydney to Auckland cruise. Will keep checking back for any Solstice January updates.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 130,735 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Is Ben Powney still on Eclipse? any one know for how long?

Ben Powney WAS still on the Eclipse when we disembarked last Saturday! I do not know for how long he will be on board!

Also, an FYI: Simona Stumberger is back onboard as Guest Relations Manager, having replaced Marisa Rebelo, until sometime in April! :):)

Jill

Just off Equinox. The Cruise Director is Drew Raitch. Food & Beverage Manager, Irina Ryazanova.

Irina did an excellent job arranging a Chef's Table and was a great host.

Mary Lou

We have met Drew in many trivias. I wonder if Ben Powney is on his way to replace John Grantham on Century.