Are you planning to cruise on Solstice?

Susan-M

What are your plans for cruising on Solstice?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. What are your plans for cruising on Solstice?

• I am booked, or definitely plan to book a cruise on Solstice.
    • I do not plan on cruising on Solstice.
    • I am undecided, but feeling more positive than negative.
    • I am undecided, but feeling more negative than positive.

We are thinking very seriously about booking a cruise on Solstice but want to wait until we see the reviews from when it is sailing at full capacity.

While I think it is a very good idea to break in a new ship by initially sailing with only a fraction of its passenger capacity and then gradually increasing it, it is difficult to know, at this point in time, if its level of service and feeling of spaciousness will be comparable when it has significantly more passengers. It is also much easier to prepare good meals for less people.

We are booked for one of the Carib itins (St Kitts) for Jan 09 & again for an E. Medit in Fall 2009--

after that we will go back to cozier ships-- Mercury & M class on X & Radiance class on Royal..-

-

No. I don't like huge ships and will stick to the M Class.

We prefer smaller ships too, so I am one of the few so far who chose "do not plan to cruise on Solstice" ... but I am enjoying reading the enthusiastic responses from those who have already cruised on her, and those looking forward to their upcoming cruises.:)

We are thinking very seriously about booking a cruise on Solstice but want to wait until we see the reviews from when it is sailing at full capacity.

Just wondering what the occupancy is now, on these first few sailings?

Just wondering what the occupancy is now, on these first few sailings?

Hi Susan M :)

According to a review on another thread the cruise on Solstice last week had only 2,200 passengers while the ship can hold over 2,800 with two in a cabin or over 3,200 at maximum capacity.

It appears that Celebrity's plan was to start out with only 2,200 passengers and gradually work their way up to full capacity while the crew is getting use to a new ship.

Aside from the obvious difference in space/passenger ratio, it is much easier to provide good service and cuisine for 2,200 passengers than when 3,200 passengers are on the same ship.

One thing I have noticed over the years is that the quality of food and service at a wedding can vary considerably at the same hotel, even in the same ballroom, based on how many people were at the event.

We have two cruises booked on Solstice, but will be back on M-class ships when they upgrade the cabin soft goods and carpeting.

I can't wait to hear your report from the December cruise!!! I am so ready for our May cruise to be here. It will be so fun to meet everyone from our Roll Call.

The Solstice looks amazing!

No. I don't like huge ships and will stick to the M Class.

We prefer the smaller ships - and we really REALLY prefer the longer itineraries.

I enjoy reading the reviews - and hope this venture proceeds well - but I hope they keep the smaller ships in the fleet.

Archived