Are you planning to cruise on Solstice?

Susan-M

What are your plans for cruising on Solstice?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. What are your plans for cruising on Solstice?

• I am booked, or definitely plan to book a cruise on Solstice.
    • I do not plan on cruising on Solstice.
    • I am undecided, but feeling more positive than negative.
    • I am undecided, but feeling more negative than positive.

We sailed on one of the pre-inaugurals and within hours of boarding, we were regretting our decision to sail Princess for Christmas instead of Solstice. Solstice is a spectacular ship, we would love to sail her again - as soon as we get the chance.

Solstice appeals to me. We're fine with big ships. She just looks like she was built for adults. Very elegant rather than the climbing walls, ice rinks, and carousels. We have a very definitive itinerary in mind that we want to do for 2010, it would be nice if Solstice or one of her sisters does something close. But the itinerary is going to rule on that one.

We prefer the smaller ships - and we really REALLY prefer the longer itineraries.

I enjoy reading the reviews - and hope this venture proceeds well - but I hope they keep the smaller ships in the fleet.

Yes, we'll see how we like ships as big as Millennium, we're into the Azamara size ships, and the style too, Solstice seems cold and way to modern a feel to it, for many I'm sure that's a plus, but to me it isn't my cup of tea way too big also!

Perhaps I am just getting more conservative as I age, but I think that we will stick with the smaller ships also. We're comfortable ( most of the time on the M Class ships) but the nicest ships that we've been on are the two Azamara ships.

Sorry, no desire to be part of a herd......:)

We're comfortable ( most of the time on the M Class ships) but the nicest ships that we've been on are the two Azamara ships.

I agree...we've really enjoyed Celebrity, but Azamara was as close to the perfect cruise for us as I can imagine. When I read here how excited people are about Solstice, it's the way I feel about Azamara .... so 'two thumbs up' for Celebrity for providing a variety of ships to appeal to so many!

Solstice appeals to me. We're fine with big ships. She just looks like she was built for adults. Very elegant rather than the climbing walls, ice rinks, and carousels. We have a very definitive itinerary in mind that we want to do for 2010, it would be nice if Solstice or one of her sisters does something close. But the itinerary is going to rule on that one.

Quite an accurate description, we believe. "Built for adults" and "elegant", yes. But with as many places as we've been to, the ship has now become the destination. With Solstice, the itinerary is not as important to us as just being on board her. :)

I totally agree. We have been, like others, to the Caribbean many times.

Although this will be my 1st time to St. Kitts. We are sailing the Solstice because it is a brand new ship. We have never sailed on any ship less than 1 year old. So we are excited to to see Solstice.

We are booked on the Jan 11, 2009 Solstice sailing. We've been on the Century and all of the M-class ships, loved them all, but will be interested to see if we like even larger ships as well. Theoretically (we assume), there would be more stuff to do on a larger ship.

Assuming that we like it, we have pre-booked for an early 2010 sailing on the Oasis. If we like the Solstice for size, we probably will retain that booking to see if the hugeness of the Oasis is as enjoyable (even though it's not "X", it is RCCL which is ok with us). And if we decide we prefer smaller ships, we may try for an Azamera sailing instead of the Oasis (assuming we can get one at a reasonable price - whatever THAT means at the time - since I will then be retired).

Phil

The 14th of Dec. for me too! All the chatter on the boards has me really excited about this cruise. I know that some people have had issues with this and that on Solstice, but on balance, she sounds like she will provide us with a memorable (in a good way!) cruise.

Archived