2?'s Binoculars and Insulated Soda Cup

Will start brining binocs after Radiance SA cruise in November - whales, whales everywhere - but the best view was through binocs! Fortunately for us our tablemates had a GS and loaned us their extra pair of binocs!

We find the binoculars are really nice when you want to scan the horizon either at sea or in port. They are also good for watching late pax running for the ship - a common pastime for most cruisers when the ship is getting ready to leave port. :D

As already posted, the insulated cup is provided with the soda stamp but not necessarily needed since they will give you a soda in their glass if you don't have yours. Personally I prefer their glass and dislike the insulated cup.

Definite yes to the binoculars. Among my favorites so far using them was the 30 minutes sailing into St Thomas, lots of beautiful scenery outside the touristy areas. Going in and out of San Juan lots of historic sites to see from your balcony. On my last Freedom trip we were very close to Cuba on our trip to Labadee and we could see what I would call unpopluated barrier Islands that were very beautiful. I've found very interesting things to see in and out of every port.

We always bring our 20 oz. insulated travel mugs. They are great for coffee in the AM and iced tea in the afternoon. You can bring a few sodas onboard with you if you don't want to purchase the soda card. They also sell sodas onboard in the shop, or you can order them from the drink menu.

Always bring my Binoculars. Last year on the Mariner, we hugged the coast of Cuba because of the storms. Using the binoculars out on the balcony was an experience.

When I looked down the side of the ship, I was amazed just how people were on their balconies also with binoculars. It is more common then I thought.

Haven't drank soda for 15 years. But bring a travel mug to get coffee in the AM. Better than those small paper cups they provide.

Always bring my Binoculars. Last year on the Mariner, we hugged the coast of Cuba because of the storms. Using the binoculars out on the balcony was an experience.

On our cruise on the Nav last week, I couldn't believe how close be had come to the coast of Cuba. I wished we had a set of binoculers. I'd done this route 3x in the past and never come that close before.

Archived