Save up to 72%

Sharicruz

OCEANIA CRUISES CELEBRATES ITS FIFTH ANNIVERSARY WITH UPRECEDENTED SAVINGS

Celebration of Savings Kicks Off on January 7th

Miami, FL, December 29, 2008 – On January 7th Oceania Cruises will launch its largest promotion ever with unprecedented price reductions on more than 40 voyages. To celebrate its Fifth Anniversary, exceptional savings will be offered on the lines most alluring voyages in Europe, Asia, Australia & New Zealand, South America and the Caribbean.

The Celebration of Savings begins January 7th and will offer additional Bonus Savings off existing 2 for 1 Cruise Fares, resulting in historic savings of up to 72% on select sailings.

“As we celebrate our 5th Anniversary, there is no better time to underscore the unrivaled value that the Oceania Cruises Experience represents. Moving forward into 2009, we want to offer our guests enhanced value and lower cruise fares, and for our agents partners to reap greater rewards for all of their support over the past five years,” stated Bob Binder, President of Oceania Cruises.

With Free Airfare from 20 North American Gateways and Bonus Savings on top of 2 For 1 Cruise Fares, the Oceania Cruises Experience will represent the greatest vacation value ever. Specific details on pricing, value-added amenities and departure dates will be announced on Monday, January 5th.

The Celebration of Savings will officially kick off on Wednesday January 7th and these historic savings are certain to generate extraordinary demand.

Shari

CCC Member

OCEANIA CRUISES CELEBRATES ITS FIFTH ANNIVERSARY WITH UPRECEDENTED SAVINGS

Celebration of Savings Kicks Off on January 7th

Miami, FL, December 29, 2008 – On January 7th Oceania Cruises will launch its largest promotion ever with unprecedented price reductions on more than 40 voyages. To celebrate its Fifth Anniversary, exceptional savings will be offered on the lines most alluring voyages in Europe, Asia, Australia & New Zealand, South America and the Caribbean.

The Celebration of Savings begins January 7th and will offer additional Bonus Savings off existing 2 for 1 Cruise Fares, resulting in historic savings of up to 72% on select sailings.

“As we celebrate our 5th Anniversary, there is no better time to underscore the unrivaled value that the Oceania Cruises Experience represents. Moving forward into 2009, we want to offer our guests enhanced value and lower cruise fares, and for our agents partners to reap greater rewards for all of their support over the past five years,” stated Bob Binder, President of Oceania Cruises.

With Free Airfare from 20 North American Gateways and Bonus Savings on top of 2 For 1 Cruise Fares, the Oceania Cruises Experience will represent the greatest vacation value ever. Specific details on pricing, value-added amenities and departure dates will be announced on Monday, January 5th.

The Celebration of Savings will officially kick off on Wednesday January 7th and these historic savings are certain to generate extraordinary demand.

Shari

CCC Member

Shari,

Will this apply to existing bookings as well?

Hold on to your wallets a little longer. The full effects of the current economic debacle on the cruise industry won't begin to be felt for another couple of months. 2009 should be a good cruise year for those with spare cash (a shrinking demographic, to be sure).

A couple of months will be rather optimistic, don't be too surprised if it lasts a couple of years! The present economic tsunami has no end in sight, and with two new large ships more than doubling capacity in 2010 and 2011, sit tight and watch the show unfold, only time can tell !

A couple of months will be rather optimistic, don't be too surprised if it lasts a couple of years! The present economic tsunami has no end in sight, and with two new large ships more than doubling capacity in 2010 and 2011, sit tight and watch the show unfold, only time can tell !

Right on. Don't believe the travel agents who post on this board, as they are just interested in creating a demand that is just not there right now. This economy will not get better for a long time and could very well get worse. There will be plenty of cabins for the people who can afford to still cruise. :)

Right on. Don't believe the travel agents who post on this board, as they are just interested in creating a demand that is just not there right now. This economy will not get better for a long time and could very well get worse. There will be plenty of cabins for the people who can afford to still cruise. :)

Hi,

What do we TA's say that you are not supposed to believe??

All we have said is that the prices are going down..and you tell people not to believe that???? HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Jancruz1

I just received a email from our TA today with a pdf attachment showcasing the latest discounts for AUSTRALIANS in 2009. The cruises on offer are to be booked by 31st January and offer 70% discount. (Categories G to A1 only).

Don't believe us? I suppose that's your choice, albeit a misinformed, incorrect choice.

I find the postings of most TAs on these boards to be very helpful. I've seen some of them go out of their way to answer questions of people who are not even their clients.

I absolutely agree with you. Help has been offered to all on these boards. Thanks, especially to Jan.

Joan

Personal opinion, but I think it was quite uncalled for to say that travel agents should not be believed. Not all of the travel agents identify themselves, but those that do are most helpful and considerate of the people who post on the board.

Jan and those that work with her are especially helpful. Many times they have "gone to bat" for people who have had problems with Oceania.

Those who post on this forum get a sense of the reliability of the others who post.

This forum is one of the more polite ones on cruisecritic.com. Let's not start 2009 by slamming anyone.

Have a Happy Healthy 2009!

Personal opinion, but I think it was quite uncalled for to say that travel agents should not be believed. Not all of the travel agents identify themselves, but those that do are most helpful and considerate of the people who post on the board.

Jan and those that work with her are especially helpful. Many times they have "gone to bat" for people who have had problems with Oceania.

Those who post on this forum get a sense of the reliability of the others who post.

This forum is one of the more polite ones on cruisecritic.com. Let's not start 2009 by slamming anyone.

Have a Happy Healthy 2009!

No, you are right, But I have been reading this board for quite a few years and find a few travel agents who post here sometimes sound like they work for the company. I don't always feel like I am getting an honest opinion. In the last few months they kept saying how booked up O was, and now we know the real story. They need to try to keep up a demand, even if it is not really there to keep doing business. The agents that claim to be close to O and FDR should be taken with a grain of salt. I guess in these hard times everyone wants an edge. I am not trying to slam anyone as I know that some of these agents are helpful at times also. :)

I agree. Not many TA's travel on O cruises , whereas Jan does quite a bit ( I don't know how many) O cruises herself, so she sees it from the passenger perspective as well. Plus, she has been in the industry for years, and knows a lot of people working at O. Her company is very familiar with O.

I value her input on this forum.

Shari's post simply alerts us that new price announcement will be out on Jan 5, so CC readers will have more time to review and decide on bookings as soon as they open up on Jan 7. This is all good.

No, you are right, But I have been reading this board for quite a few years and find a few travel agents who post here sometimes sound like they work for the company. I don't always feel like I am getting an honest opinion. In the last few months they kept saying how booked up O was, and now we know the real story.

I think you will find that yes the cruises were booked up until things "went south" in the economy but some cruises were already paid for so people would not have cancelled

Starting with the January cruises that may be a different story ...we are now getting into the final payment stages for many of the spring/summer cruises & people will not have the $$ to go on a cruise that maybe they would have 6 months ago.

As for TA's here I agree with TAK2 their input is invaluable no matter what their association is with O & FDR

Lyn

I think Jan must be at 20+ O cruises by now!!;)

I spoke with my TA agent this AM, and they are on notice for the Oceania Sale on the 7th of January. All agencys that I have dealt with in the past, verify the price of the cruise, before the final payment, and credit any savings, ie: the fuel charges are already credited for my Sept,. 4, sailing from Athens to Rome. Also we are booked on a HAL, April 19 from Ft. Launderdale to San Diego, that agent already credited the fuel charges, and will verify pricing 90 days prior, to sailing if pricing needs to be adjusted.

Hi RJB,

I agree with your statement, "I don't always feel like I'm getting an honest opinion," but I don't agree that it applies to travel agents alone. As I stated, it is necessary to "get a sense of the reliability" of those who post.

Everyone brings their own natural bias to any message board. If you follow any one of these forums you learn who likes/dislikes everything about a particular cruise line, ship, port, etc.

Since I don't know who is or isn't a travel agent, who does or doesn't work for the cruise line, etc. I find it interesting to develop my own personal "grain of salt" list.

Again, Have a Happy Healthy 2009!

lcand

Hi RJB,

I agree with your statement, "I don't always feel like I'm getting an honest opinion," but I don't agree that it applies to travel agents alone. As I stated, it is necessary to "get a sense of the reliability" of those who post.

Everyone brings their own natural bias to any message board. If you follow any one of these forums you learn who likes/dislikes everything about a particular cruise line, ship, port, etc.

Since I don't know who is or isn't a travel agent, who does or doesn't work for the cruise line, etc. I find it interesting to develop my own personal "grain of salt" list.

Again, Have a Happy Healthy 2009!

lcand

Hi Lcand, First, and most important, Healthy, happy new year to you and all. We always use a T/A and would not travel without one. Our T/A is most helpful. I just want people to understand where they are coming from. It is in their best interest to get you to book right away and not wait for a better price. If the price comes down the good ones will try to get you a credit. O is now going in the right direction with their reduced prices, but I bet they will fall alot further. Good cruising :)

Jancruz 1-Interesting comments about FDR's business "mentality." I'm not sure why a corporate executive would want to play games like that with his customers--USA or otherwise--especially in such an unforgiving business climate. But he's the boss.....

Archived